1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Confirmation that Ferdinand is a Scum Basturd

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Whitejock, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Rentagob Ferdinand sticks the knife in again. Who asked him for his opinion?

Former Leeds United star Rio Ferdinand calls for Championship season to be scrapped

Football in the Premier League and Championship is currently suspended until at least the end of April

Former Leeds United defender Rio Ferdinand has called for the 2019/20 to be scrapped - which would deny the Whites promotion to the Premier League.

Football in the Premier League and the EFL is currently suspended until at least April 30 but there is a growing expectation that the restrictions will be extended.

Earlier this week, levels of non-league football below the National League saw their seasons declared null and void - with Ferdinand believing the higher levels of football should follow suit.

Admitting that plenty of people will be left disappointed by such a decision, he made it clear that the significant impact across society should be the priority.

“It hits home that football is just a game, as seriously as we all take it, it all boils down to the fact that it’s just a game and the bigger picture is what’s going on out in society.

“That is why I’m very sure in my own mind that if there’s not going to be an immediate fix in the next few weeks, then I think the season just needs to be voided and started again afresh next season.

“A lot of people like Liverpool fans will say that’s because I don’t want them to win the league but if my team was in that situation, I would think about people’s health and the wider society rather than my own game.

“This is a situation where I think exactly the same, no matter who is going to go up, who could go down, who’s going to win the league and who could of finished in the Champions League positions. Across the board, make it black and white, void the season and start again next year.

“There are going to be disappointed and there are going to be people that are more satisfied with that but whatever way you go, there’s going to be people that are unhappy and some that are more happy with it. Not everyone can win in this situation and that’s a fact.”

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I just don’t get why void a season. If you have to void a season void next seasons, there are lots of exciting positions to be decided, you’ve got to give everyone something exciting to look forward to when this **** has cleared.

I for one just couldn’t get excited about a new season starting from scratch

3. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for South Shields fc who were 12 clear and have invested heavily because their season was null and voided.<ok>

4. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

This season is priority & important

Next season is irrelevant

5. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

What a ****ing twat.

6. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

He does have a point though.
    Throughout the Leagues, most teams have sponsorship in place till the end of June.
    Sponsorship that part funded the season.
    Most teams would have secured new sponsorship deals that would start July time.
    Same goes with kit deals.
    Lots of red tape to overcome.

The way they are converting large buildings around the country into makeshift hospitals and morgue's this won't be over by July!!!

7. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

He will do and say anything for the right amount of cash, was this printed in the Sun?

8. Eric Le Merde

You're right about the priorities being elsewhere now but I feel there is just as strong an argument to say call the season finished now and let the existing positions stand as there is to say make it void, there is going to be a **** fight either way.

brisbane-lion likes this.
  9. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

No he doesn’t

Leedsoflondon likes this.
  10. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

You lot are praying that this season is void, this is due to being worried and frightened of the mighty West Ham being relegated and giving you lot some slipper. :emoticon-0105-wink:<laugh><laugh>

Whitejock and ristac like this.

11. Infidel

First of all WJ with all due respect it should read........
    Ferdinand is a drug taking, tax evading Scum Twat.
    There are a few permutations why he has said what he’s said.
    Does not want West Ham relegating, the cockanee cnut.
    He is afraid that when we play Man U he may get targeted over taking drugs from the terraces.
    He doesn’t want Liverpool to win the PL, and to be honest I don’t give a Donald duck as I dislike them both equally.
    Plus he is a an ugly ill educated twat.

12. Eric Le Merde

But apart from that not too bad? :emoticon-0140-rofl:

13. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

We are 2 points off the playoffs and have to play 5 of the bottom 7 teams - we want this season to be completed just as much as you do <doh>

Ringo Lion likes this.
  14. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Agree on all counts, bar one. "Ill-educated" suggests some sort of education. I disagree. No matter how much he may have attended classes, there's absolutely nothing there to soak in any info. So uneducated fits the bill more, imo. :)

Farsleyexile, Infidel and Irishshako like this.
  15. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

From what I’ve read and heard over the weekend if it is not possible to finish this season by the end of June then the plan is to complete the season when the new season is due to begin in August.
    So in theory the season finishes at the end of September, then the new season begins mid October, drop the League cup and play offs and we could still finish the season by the end of May in time for the European Championships.

JonnyLosAngeles likes this.
  16. Infidel

I stand corrected <laugh>

Whitejock likes this.
  17. Infidel

Now that does sound more logical.