1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Congrats from the Real Hoops...

Discussion in 'Reading' started by Queenslander!!, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Queenslander!!

Queenslander!! Well-Known Member

Well done lads, great to see at least 1 team will be sprting hoops in the Prem next year.

And a massive well done for showing our owners what we already knew about Kaspar gorkss.

good luck next season and Hopefully we'll meet again..sometime soon

QPR

2. hammersmith hoopton

hammersmith hoopton Active Member

3. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Third
    (just make up your own chants)
    <ok>

4. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Yep, painful for us as you can imagine but it's your time so enjoy. Since you have been here more recently, perhaps you will fare like Swans and Norwich rather than us. Is there any concern about the new owner??

5. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Congratulations Reading, I wish you well.

( I think it maybe slightly pointless posting on here though. It seems like a bit of a ghost board. )

6. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

Hi Ellers and all QPR fans - I'm astounded!! I had no idea when you took the championship by storm last season that we'd basically be in the same position just twelve months later.

QPR have GOTTA stay up, the banter will be immense! Still reckon you shouild have kept Warnock to see the job through though ...

All the best,
    daib0

7. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

A-ha, there is a Reading fan on here. Congratulations daib0, I hope you stay up and have a great season.

8. Swords Hoopster

Swords Hoopster New Member

Well done Royals

9. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

Yep, there is actually a core group of us Royals on Not 606, but most have been too p*ss*d out lately to be able to attend to you!
    Thanks again for kind words, and must say that I loved the strong banter we used to have on the BBC 606 before it closed - hope you stay up, so we can continue it on here come the autumn!

10. Piebacca

Piebacca Well-Known Member

Reading have done incredibly well.

We're still going to take the title off you.:)

11. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

Thanks for all the comments.

Its been a whirlwind ride since January and I don't think any of us really believed it would end up like this.

Looking forward to next season and really hope Hughes can keep you there for us to enjoy our games with you.

Now I don't usually get drawn into the 'hoops' debate but, apparently, all the commentators like our new shirts because the plain white back make it easier for them to see the players names and numbers. Perhaps we should consider ourselves as the half hoops lol.

12. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

great idea, 1/2 hoops and 1/2 hoops, so no-one's fake!

13. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I still think we were right to off load Warnock because we were going nowhere with him in the Prem (but then who knows)?
    Not sure about staying up as many factors have ruined what should have been a great return to the Prem but The Money men behind us will see us okay where ever we are in August.

Talking of money im hearing that Russian bloke Anton and co don't seem to be as Wealthy as they make out. I said sometime back that i thought his off shore company was dodgy. Anyone who boasts 'European football and beyound' and 'ground extension' in the first season normally ends up talking rubbish, (Flabio Briatore)? Best of luck with that? You should keep JM as owner because you know where you stand and he has been a good servant to your club. Norwich and Swans have proved that you don't need multi millions to stay up, just a good team ethic.
    Anyway enjoy the trip and i hope you don't fall fowl of the cheating FA and the 'love in' with the top 4. <ok>

14. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

Cheers Ellers, by the way, where is Northolt these days? - another really decent guy....

15. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Northolt was doing a great job on here and then he left. Think it may have been a 'fall out' or somthing but im a not sure? Agree he is a top guy on the forum and i miss his posts.

Anyway well done on being Champions and us beating Spurs and results going for us make things a lot better. I reckon another win and (maybe a draw) will do it. We have the best goals agg so the others have to better us. If we stay up we will push on so hopefully Reading v QPR next season in the Prem.

16. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

Yeah, suddenly looking a lot rosier for you ...

17. The Billionth QPR Fan

The Billionth QPR Fan Well-Known Member

I may be abit late, but congratulations. The only downside is we always get a couple of red cards a season vs Reading. Happened on the last 4 occasions (Ben Watson, Damion Stewart, Bradley Orr and Hogan Ephraim), and we've already had enough reds this year. On the bright side, we have won 3 of those 4 games

18. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

Well, your GD is pretty favourable still, so I'm still confident of you guys being Premier class next season ....

19. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Well if we go down it will knock us back a bit.
    So much happening at the Rangers with Academy, New Director of Football, New Training ground and New stadium so we don't need to go down.
    If we stay up we will do well next season and MH will bring in the players he really wants. our money men have proved that they will pay top wages for players and manager (shame some have not earned it) MH is the 13th highest paid manager in the World, so they now need to compete at the highest level.

However saying all that, this season has been an eye opener for the board and i am sure if we do stay up they will fix it.

20. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

gee, still on a knife-edge for QPR and only ONE game left!