1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Postecoglou & Lange (& Paratici) Watch

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Dier Hard, Apr 19, 2021.

?

Next gaffer, who's your preference?

1. Arne Slot

2. Ruben Amorim

3. Luis Enrique

4. Ange Postocoglou

5. Brendan Rodgers

6. Graham Potter

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

He used...sarcasm

2. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

Maybe this belongs in here

3. humanbeingincroydon

The latest article from Football Italia has this key segment

The magistrate in Turin has outlined where Juventus could be in serious trouble, as while capital gains are difficult to prove, there is ‘strong evidence’ of wage payments that are ‘certainly illicit.’

The Bianconeri find themselves the subject of three separate investigations now, as after the Turin prosecutor and the FIGC, this evening UEFA announced the formal opening of an investigation into potential breaches of the Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play regulations.

The issue started around the so-called plusvalenze, capital gains from exchanging players with other clubs at allegedly inflated transfer fees, therefore making it seem as if more assets were circulating than in reality.

There was already one investigation and suggested trial, which was dismissed because it is practically impossible to ‘prove’ the value of a player, other than what two clubs agree for his fee.

That then uncovered paperwork pointing towards a rather more obvious and problematic practice, suggesting Juventus players might’ve been paid wages under the table to avoid putting them on the books.

The entire squad signed agreements foregoing the payment of four months of salaries during the COVID-19 pandemic.

However, it is reported the players only really gave up one month and the rest was paid separately.

This is the area that magistrate Ludovico Morello is focusing on in his report, according to news agency ANSA, calling this agreement “certainly illicit” and providing the prosecutor with “strong evidence” of wrongdoing.

The key part here is the part about inflating transfer fees has already been dismissed in court, which is the charge that Paratici could be a part of. On the other hand, the paying wages under the table has nothing to do with him, and that seems to be a key part of the investigation

4. Citizen Kane.

Citizen Kane. Well-Known Member

There is still far too much smoke for my liking.

Add to this the major difference that the Agnelli family are now fighting for their financial security and business reputation. A drowning man will drag anything down with him, if he think it will save his life.

I'm a tad nervous.

5. humanbeingincroydon

We have ourselves a smoking gun: Giorgio Chiellini in a WhatsApp casually talking about Juve paying three of the four months of salary they'd miss due to lockdown under the table

It is the history...

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  6. humanbeingincroydon

please log in to view this image

7. humanbeingincroydon

I see Runner Twitter feeds trying to make something out of how Sassuolo accepted a lower bid for Manuel Locatelli from Juve than what the Runners were offering, which something something Paratici's going down

So slight problem there: Locatelli joined Juve on 18th August 2021 - while Paratici left Juve on 26th May 2021, before joining us on 12th June

With detective skills like that, it's no wonder their fans can't spot a rapist in their starting xi...

8. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Couple of journos saying we’ll be jumping back into talks with Conte over a new long term deal.

He wants assurances on ambition and plans for January window.

That’s fair, but in return we want assurances you’ll never play Emerson over Spence again… deal?

remembercolinlee likes this.
  9. humanbeingincroydon

10. humanbeingincroydon

...so of course SpursWeb immediately churn out some bollocks about the club not unanimously wanting Conte to stay, as some want Poch back

That site really does only exist to make our fanbase as miserable as they are, don't they?

11. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

Don’t go on it if you don’t like it or believe their rumours

12. humanbeingincroydon

A bit difficult if it also shows up in my Twitter feed

Turns out their "source" was Seann Walsh, a Twitter ITK who is usually first in line to tweet ConteOut after a loss, draw, or even narrow 4-0 win

13. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I can't really see the point, to be honest.
    I doubt he'll get any better offers and if he does then he'll walk anyway.
    We've got the option to extend, so just do that if he's happy to be here.

Citizen Kane. likes this.
  14. humanbeingincroydon

For some reason r/coys have started squeeing about Luis Enrique

What happened to the untapped diamond Marcelo Gallardo???

15. Citizen Kane.

I fully agree. There is also the not insignificant matter of most of our performances pre WC being absolute bilge with Conte himself making a host of inexplicable decisions not helping things at all.

As far as I am concerned, of the current executive, Fabio has proven himself as a really shrewd and resourceful DOF. Antonio on the other hand still has a way to go to 'prove himself' as being capable of delivering success without an open chequebook. The jury is very much still out.

Awarding an underperforming manager a £1m pay rise doesn't demonstrate support or confidence as much as it demonstrates complacency and starry-eyed stockholm syndrome. The surest way to show support for the manager is to back him properly in the Jan window and then, if by March/April results and performances merit it, put £1m on the table as part of a new contract.

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  16. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

Underperforming?

While I agree the performances have been poor, Spurs are still in a decent league position

17. Citizen Kane.

Decent, but precarious.

As the last run of games demonstrated, we are still no more than 2-3 injuries away from hitting a seriously bad patch of results. I and many others on here felt throughout that run that Conte wasn't making the best use of the tools still at his disposal, so a bad situation became worse.

However, the main cause for our position being precarious is that our first team still 'carries' a minimum 2-3 players who simply aren't up to standard - both WBs and Dier. Until we significantly upgrade in those areas, we will always be vulnerable to a bad run of form as it is unrealistic to expect this season - what with European football and an entire world cup thrown in for good measure - to pass without a significant number of injuries to our most important players.

Which is why I said, a true show of support for the manager isn't slapping another million on the table; it is going out on January, buying a top class CB, top class RWB and potentially a quality attacking option to replace Lucas.

18. humanbeingincroydon

What the **** are you trying to say?

Billy The Spur likes this.
  19. humanbeingincroydon

Well here's the conundrum

Do we drop the equivalent of the GDP of a Central American nation on players this month because Conte can't get more out of the players he has at his disposal (the ones he can be bothered to use, anyway) in the hope that he turns thing around, or do we start to look elsewhere on the assumption he's got one foot out the door already?

20. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I think to purely appease fans a huge war chest is needed in January, £150m being a ballpark figure.

Though I’d prefer we give it to Paratici with an attack minded manager underneath him, because Conte will want it spent all on defenders (and rightly so) but his style of football will likely barely change and that’s what I’m sick of.