1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Cop kills girl

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Saf, Mar 10, 2021.

1. brb

brb CR250

He aint getting away with it mate.

The Lietenant and supervisor both agree unreasonable force was used. He broke more or less every rule in the book regarding the particular hold he had George in.

Also the victim was in cuffs, which is an added medical problem when you lay someone on their chest as it places added pressure on the organs, something to do with the muscles moving to the back.

Once someone is in cuffs, that should be the only restraint required unless they are trying to bite or kick you. George was doing neither.

They also refused the help of an EMT, who works for the local fire service and was recognised by their chief on arrival of the fire truck. In case you don't know, the Fire Brigade carry out 80% medical emergency in America.

George didn't even know it was a fake bill, so they more or less arrested and killed an innocent guy. The only charge they would have had against him, from what i've seen is being behind the wheel under the influence, but that charge was never levied at him.

The guy most responsible for what occurred is currently sitting in a detention on a felony. His name Morries Hall. <ok>

If Chauvin don't go down then America deserves to burn.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Oh yeh absolutely, but the powers that be won't care. Hence why I think they're quite happy to see coppers getting off. In the end it'll all die down and the system will carry on as normal.

Diego likes this.
  3. BobbyD

BobbyD President

I remember that was a newpaper seller or something (ian tomlinson or something?).

I rememeber reading about that but if i remember right he was just pushed over? I don't think he was hit or anything or at most one hit)? He went home afterwards and died of a bleed i think?

4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I can't remember exactly, but I thought it was more than a push? Either way, he was just walking home. Imagine if you or I did that to some random passer by whatever is going on around us. I think police often see protests as an ok to physically assault people tbh.

5. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Nail on the head with the superior officers testimony point ... that should, and I think will, blow any arguments about underlying conditions and substance abuse out of the water ... what Chauvin did with his knee had the potential to kill just about anyone and it is likely that only GF's size and strength enabled him to last as long as he did ...

brb likes this.
  6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Here's the video of it @BobbyD

****s.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  7. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Just did a quick wiki. Hit on leg and pushed to ground.

Dunno, riots are a dangerous thing and a thankless task. Poor ian was a innocent civilian in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Just read it was a protest (how much violence i dont know), but if it was anything like some of the stuff ive seen i expect the police to get tough.

Random acts of police violence i agree coppers should get done. However, i think the example of ian tomlinsons death to what happened to george floyd is comparing chalk and cheese. Totally different imo. One was obviously murder. The other one at most is manslaughter

8. BobbyD

BobbyD President

How the **** did he get off manslaughter from that. (Probably couldnt get a link between that and his death). What a **** that officer was though. I see he was sacked but he should have gone down for that

remembercolinlee and Treble like this.
  9. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Except it was neither as the copper was found not guilty.

I'm not comparing the two. Just saying that police get away with it.

10. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Thats it mate.

11. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Yeah i know. Im assuming he was only done for manslaughter and not for assault/gbh. At least he was fired but its sad for ian

remembercolinlee and Treble like this.
  12. brb

brb CR250

I do wonder what is the most likely way he will get off this, and I think that will be when the various medical people take to the stand, and I think there is quite a few.

I think they will argue that the drug(s) and his previous medical condition of being admitted to hospital were a contributory factor. So that might say stop Chauvin getting 40 years and a much lessor prison term instead.

For me it was cold blooded murder, merely disguised in uniform of authority.

If anyone wants to look at it from a psychological view point, watch Chauvin in the court room, he is constantly writing notes. Suggesting he has a clear conscience and is able to think straight and clearly has no empathy.

I'd like to know Chauvins previous conduct record, because he looked too comfortable with the neck hold, suggesting to me he's done it numerous times before.

BobbyD likes this.
  13. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

The difference really comes down to the intent ... the copper pushing the guy probably has no thought that his actions could cause serious injury ... Chauvin would know that continuous kneeling on a guy's windpipe is potentially very dangerous ... but Chauvin is at best a sociopath and at worst a psychopath and really doesn't care about the consequences ...

brb likes this.
  14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I agree, I think it's the medical stuff they will be counting on coupled with the drugs. The defence lawyers opening gambit made a big deal of it.

This is why I wouldn't be surprised if it's not as easy as it seems to convict. All they need to do is cast reasonable doubt. Or have I been watching too much Perry Mason, fck knows lol

15. Sucky

Get him on the stand and then you'll know.

16. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

As I alluded to in my last post ... I think we will learn a lot about Chauvin's character and 'previous' in the coming weeks and I don't think it will help his defence ...

brb likes this.
  17. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

There was no need for it though Fosse, whether the copper thought he was going to cause injury or not. The bloke is walking away, he's away from the protesters and on his own. Let him go on his way. What did they get out of whacking him across the back of the leg and pushing him to the ground?

There's footage of a copper doing similar to a woman walking away at the vigil for the girl that got murdered. Shoved her in the back when she's walking away and sent her flying. They assault ppl because they can when it serves no purpose.

Sucky and BobbyD like this.
  18. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Oh I agree mate ... was a senseless, moronic and needless action on the cop's part ... but it is very different to the sustained sadism of Chauvin's actions ...

Sucky and Treble like this.
  19. Sucky

Two really good things can come out of this case getting the correct verdict.

For Yanks it will be an obvious sense of justice especially in the black community given thier interactions with police historically over there. It won't fix the racism but it will do a lot more good than harm in terms of opening that wound up so the Yanks can finally start treating it and shaking that **** off.

For us, you'll see a lot more police being filmed and photographed and watched closely by the public now.

I mean this is the biggest case since oj right?

Been thinkin.... We reckon jizzalane maxweels trial will be online?

Tobes and brb like this.
  20. brb

brb CR250

I'd assume so, the American media seem to have access to all their trials.

I couldn't give a shhite about her but if there is any indication she is going to drop Andrew or Trump in it, then I'll be watching. <ok>

I was never in favour of televised trials before but actually in cases such as Chauvin, it's good for people to see the justice process in play. I think it gives the public a better understanding of the system. Although no guarantee it will conclude with the desired outcome.

I am like you and hope he does go down for a very long time, and the American people have been able to watch that happen. If he don't then it can make them look at their justice system and decide what needs to be changed. After all at the end of the day, the whole system is in the hands of the jurors.

duggie2000 and Number 1 Jasper like this.