1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Cornona Virus Feel Good Stories

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Ozzymac, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Ozzymac

Ozzymac Well-Known Member

2. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

the virus can only last about 5 mins outside the body on paper, cardboard etc i was wondering about that.

3. Somebodys pinched my sombrero

Somebodys pinched my sombrero Well-Known Member

Nine days on metal glass and plastics.

4. Sandy Camel

Sandy Camel Well-Known Member

I went to Morrisons at 7pm and got the last loaf of seeded bread. Was proper chuffed.

5. Ozzymac

Well done.

Yesterday i went in to get milk and came out with both toilet paper and kitty litter. Haven't had kitty litter on the shelves for over a week.

6. Sandy Camel

The old cat litter was a bit of a concern last week but Aldi are back on track thankfully. Gone full on stock piling and have a full two bags in now like.

7. Nonsense Potter

Nonsense Potter Well-Known Member

Watch "Buzzcock’s Lesson In Life - Special" on YouTube

8. Ozzymac

It's been a concern for us as the mother in law fosters kittens for the RSPCA. She's got 12 kittens at the moment and was down to one bag. I grabbed 2 and called her so she whipped down to grab another 2. That should see her through for the next week :emoticon-0100-smile

Sandy Camel likes this.
  9. Sandy Camel

Good on your Mother in law for doing that. My 2 are both rescue jobs and I've got all the time in the world for anyone who helps out our furry little friends.

Ozzymac likes this.
  10. becs

becs Well-Known Member

It's my Mam's wedding anniversary on Friday. I'd planned to take the day off work and take her to see the daffodils she planted around my Dad's bench last autumn. Obviously I can't do that now. Someone off the SMB who lives nearby kindly popped out and took a picture of the daffs and bench for me, so I'll send her that instead on Friday morning.

Someone else off the SMB dropped off a bag of old programmes for my collection.

11. Ozzymac

We've only ever had rescue cats.

One of them (now long gone) was a beautiful pure white cat who wouldn't go near a man. After about a year she came up and curled up on my chest, the wife was amazed. Turns out that she'd been beaten and set on fire by a group of young males and we think that she was terrified of men because of it.

If women came to visit she was fine but if a man came to the house she was under the bed for hours.

Sandy Camel likes this.
  12. Sandy Camel

Got one like that myself, really doesn't like men at all. Took her a few good year to get settled with me. I love the fact she trusts me enough now to come and have a kip on me like, as well as getting the head butt of love off her..

Ozzymac likes this.
  13. Ozzymac

Hotels in Western Australia are opening up rooms for the homeless to make them less vulnerable to the spread. Here is thr hotelliers comments...

please log in to view this image

14. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Personally I'd drown them all at birth as I don't see the point in cats.
    we have a lovely bush in our front garden which is full of sparrows and blackbirds building nests and these bastard cats keep getting in and killing the fledgling young, can't chase them all away.
    Hate cats but it's just as well were all different.

15. Ozzymac

That's why my cats have only ever been indoor cats.

I get plenty of birds in my garden as well as lizards and the odd scary ass eastern brown snake. I don't want to put either the native wild life or my cats at risk.

16. Sandy Camel

Probably one of the weirdest things I've read but pre-clinical testing of a potential antigen is being done by a subsidiary of British American Tobacco of all companies.

Dr David O’Reilly, the director of scientific research at BAT, said: “Vaccine development is challenging and complex work but we believe we have made a significant breakthrough with our tobacco plant technology platform
    “If testing goes well, BAT is hopeful that, with the right partners and support from government agencies, between 1m and 3m doses of the vaccine could be manufactured per week, beginning in June,” the company said.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...rican-tobacco-plant-based-coronavirus-vaccine

17. Expat-Cat

Expat-Cat Well-Known Member

Tobacco plants are very vulnerable to virus attack, so tobacco companies have been spending big on virus and anti-virus research for a very long time. Now that their traditional products are getting squeezed, they have begun (in fact quite a few years ago) to diversify and use that investment in pharmaceutics.

So maybe not weird, but certainly ironic.