1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Corona virus - non football

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by SAFCDRUM, Mar 16, 2020.

1. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

And probably the worst crime it wasn’t advertised in the Guardian but a country that has followed this policy are pleased to announce the team that has won the contract will be in place by jan 20th 2021<laugh>

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  2. old lads fan

old lads fan Well-Known Member

Well back on topic our lockdown on the Costa del Sol has been extended till the 10th of December, we entered this second period of restrictions on the 10th of November and it was meant to last 14 days. Obviously this was dependent on the number of new cases slowing down which it hasn't so I'm not allowed to leave my local town area. I can go to the local supermarkets, petrol station and am allowed to go for a walk or jog which we weren't allowed to last time unless it was to take a dog for a walk.

Some pubs are open but virtually empty and they have to close by 9pm so there's no point in going out anyway, same as restaurants and there is a curfew in place as well which is 10pm till 6 am the following morning. The cafe culture is still there through the day and I've had a coffee or 2 whenever I'm down the port or in the local village but it's not theres no smiles just people looking worried about their futures.

As The Queen once said "This has been an annus horribilis" and to be honest I can't see next year being any better. I just hope that we are allowed more freedoms over the Christmas period, which I think we will as Spain is still a very religious country but the Government has to do the right thing regardless of what the church says. I can't stand the thought of an Xmas on my todd with just WhatsApp for company.

I hope you are all keeping safe and I hope this takeover goes through soon, any bit of good news is very welcome these days.

3. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Macron is making an announcement on Thursday, in France, so we'll see what happens here.

We have a film crew supposed to be arriving on the 6th of December which could be fun.

No idea what they're filming but it would be a welcome change from the place being totally empty.

4. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

jesus mate i hope you don't have to spend xmas on your own, there are a few lads from Spain on here how about trying a get together

old lads fan and Smug in Boots like this.
  5. old lads fan

Hi Roger, I know there's a few lads over here but unless they are very near to me getting together is really out of the question. My daughter lives 13 miles from me but in a different part of Andalucia and crossing borders in the region is a real no no. If the Guardia Civil are stationed on the roundabouts like they were last time they will turn you back at the border and these ****ers don't mess about.

6. Makemstine Roger

if it comes to the worst we can have a whatsapp xmas on here better than nowt, my wife's got family at Sheffield university that may not be able to get back to Kenya for xmas, they love a xmas knees up there.

farnboromackem and old lads fan like this.
  7. old lads fan

Are you expecting more restrictions or an easing off ?

I know what you mean about a welcome change, I'd do anything for a change of scene and pace. Jump in the car and spend the day in Granada and the Sierra Nevada.

8. Makemstine Roger

must be hard for you as well mate i expect your boys will want to see you over xmas, let's hope the antidote is dished out well before xmas

9. Smug in Boots

We're hoping for an easier period but who knows mate.

We went to Carcassonne yesterday, after filling in our exemption form for shopping, and could see the Pyrenees stretching out along the horizon.

Terrible that we can't go there or walk along the beach.

We go to the Tuesday farmers market, in the village, and spend far more than we should.

We're big softies and can't buy from one stall but not the next, there's so little business.

We'd have you here for Christmas, in a shot, but travelling across boarders isn't going to be easy.

10. Makemstine Roger

if there is no restrictions on schengen travel you can always come here if you want, just outside of Cologne, depends on what they do

old lads fan likes this.

11. Smug in Boots

It's awful Roger, I've just had a few WhatsApp clips from my little granddaughter and it's heart breaking.

She calls me Grandad Faraway and I've never felt further away ...

... can't complain though, at least we can keep in touch these days and count our blessings.

12. Makemstine Roger

i use hangouts to keep in touch, know what you mean mate we were hoping to get to Kenya but that's off the menu, hope you managed to get the bairns pressie sent early as i expect a massive backlog with mail because of traffic restrictions

Smug in Boots likes this.
  13. Makemstine Roger

there is a great xmas market here

please log in to view this image

14. Makemstine Roger

Dancingstripes likes this.
  15. Makemstine Roger

Dancingstripes likes this.
  16. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

I hear what your saying and understand that it needed sorted quickly, but surely its better to appoint someone who actually knows what they are doing. Not someone who you went to school with or used to ride with cousin Bunty or you used to think about while cracking one off <laugh>

rooch 3 and Makemstine Roger like this.
  17. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Cousin Bunty f ucking brilliant <laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

Deletion Requested1 likes this.
  18. old lads fan

My allowed distance of travel unless I'm an essential worker is 4 km in all directions, thanks for the offer Roger maybe when all is well again, whenever that will be.

Oh great pics of the Christmas markets, I will visit one someday and get bladdered as I do.

19. old lads fan

As you say Smug, at this moment travel is not easy, certainly region to region and country to country is nigh impossible but thanks for the offer. Maybe someday all us expats can do a little meet up and swap tales of the daft stuff we have done in our younger days, or maybe not so young. I'm sure there would be plenty of great stories and a good laugh to be had over a few beers.

The best thing we can all do is get through this unscathed and healthy for all our bairns and grand bairns.

20. Drugtester

Drugtester Active Member

EndXU0QXYAIfnZr.jpg uk government has decided to destroy pubs to keep PHE happy