1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Corona virus - non football

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by SAFCDRUM, Mar 16, 2020.

1. flandersmackem

flandersmackem Well-Known Member

Thanks Flash, I'm sure I will sort something out, but the way is going in Blighty, I have serious doubts it will be there now

Flash Gordon likes this.
  2. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

So these experts your taking as gospel, they'll be the ones that are changing advice every hour then ? ;)
    Never said i knew better, i said it is getting blown out of proportion through media hype..
    As i pointed out the experts warned of swine and bird flu but no worse so calm down sweetheart ;) xxx

kirklees mackem likes this.
  3. SAFCDRUM

SAFCDRUM Well-Known Member

At least you don't have to worry about the prediction thread. <whistle>

4. Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon Well-Known Member

The whole of the world is slowing down due to this. I'm not sure what else you want the media to report instead, but you just carry on being condescending and patronising, and convincing yourself that you're right.

dred and Chunksafc like this.
  5. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

Your the one who jumped on my post being condescending.
    Where did i say i was right ?
    Only in your mind pal ;)
    You mention experts that you follow advice yet some experts claim most people will just suffer mild flu, so you choose to ignore that and crack on with what you want to do,
    Obviously your the one who thinks your right by following the advice you choose too.
    I personally would like to take my chances and carry on working.
    Lifes about chances after all and many people put their lives at risk day in day out regardless.
    Let the elderly and vulnerable stay at home and let those that want to, carry on.
    If this gets to lockdown its going to be good fun bunkered up at home whilst the economy crashes around us.
    Wonder how far people will go before rioting starts ?

Anyway am off to lidl fer some booze, am on me 6 days off and intend to enjoy them ;)

kirklees mackem likes this.
  6. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

Apologies if i sound condescending.
    Cranky maybe as I've been on 12hr nights and this whole virus shìt is gerrin on me tìts.
    Lets just hope things get back to normal soon and not too many suffer ;)

7. Ozzymac

Ozzymac Well-Known Member

Bloody hell mate, good luck with everything.

I guess the problem that you may face is that slowly but surely countries are closing their borders so hopefully your plan b isn't affected.

flandersmackem likes this.
  8. Flash Gordon

No worries mate. I can understand why to be fair, I only really watch the news once a day and don't have social media so the only other place I see it is the general crack on here! I'm also working from home - if I was in the office and my staff were all talking about it non stop, I'd be sick of it too!

farnboromackem, clockstander and Nig like this.
  9. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

I'm sure some will find this controversial but it's heartfelt, honest and not just posted for a reaction.

I've been watching the news and have felt sorry for the people directly affected by this crisis. There are many decent people, running various little businesses, who'll obviously go under despite their brave attempts to keep going. It's heartbreaking.

But today I was watching the news and a middle class couple were bleating about how their 200 acre glamping empire was suffering from cancelled bookings.

My immediate thought was 'boo feckin hoo' ...

... how much did you care when dozens of pit villages were being destroyed and hundreds of men left without a job?

Sorry but shyte happens ...

... as your hero, Norman Tebbit, said,

'Don't feel sorry for yourself, or expect a handout, get on your bike and find some work just as my father did in the thirties'.

And yes, that's paraphrased before someone corrects me.

mrs em, clockstander, DH4 and 3 others like this.
  10. Shameless

Shameless Well hung member

I just heard that Covid-19 cases have rapidly risen in Newcastle.

Medics are saying that its because many of them have problems counting to 20.

Ozzymac likes this.

11. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

The Social Services have ended the helper monkey service on Tyneside.

They were extremely useful, fetching and carrying etc, but there were problems with hygiene, fleas and constant screeching ...

... they thought it was unfair on the monkeys so they had to pull them out.

DH4 likes this.
  12. Ozzymac

Unfortunately i'm in the position that i'm both self employed and what's considered essential services.

As an insurance loss adjuster i need to attend situations such as fires, floods etc and we need to arrange accommodation and repairs etc for the clients.

Just taking as many precautions as i can as we've no financial support offered here in Aus (unless you're on benefits) as yet so need to keep the money coming in whilst staying safe.

13. Shameless

Shameless Well hung member

With no live coverage to feature Sky Sports will be screening daily 'The Vintage and the Glory'* featuring a collection of some the greatest ever post war sporting moments and ground-breaking events.

Sunderland fans throughout the land are looking forward to desperately clinging onto their one and only success while reminding Newcastle that the Fairs Cup is a bit like applying for a job with a grade 1 CSE in Woodwork.

* this isn't actually true btw

14. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

I’m safe I’ve had the test results in today
    DD5D908C-3DE8-4995-AF81-B858160423EA.png

15. old lads fan

old lads fan Well-Known Member

Just been out for the first time since last Monday week, it's just like you see on the news. Police all over with machine guns checking to see if there is more than 1 person in the vehicles. In the shop you have to put plastic gloves on then a guard sprays your gloved hands with some form of alcohol and then you can shop. Everybody staying away from each other and being polite and gesturing you forward to pass them at a safe distance. I got round as quick as I could and just got out of the place, I hate shopping at the best of times but it's weird and I can see things getting much stricter before it eases.
    This has really got the Spanish spooked and you can see people on edge when outdoors. I was asking the lasses that work in the supermarket if they were all ok and they were pleased to be earning a wage but were scared of the virus because as in Italy a lot of Spanish live with their parents as well as having their own kids.
    All of this will be coming to you probably next week or at the latest the week after and I'll tell you it's not nice being forcibly deprived of human social contact, I'm a chatty bloke but people want to keep their distance, understandably.
    Stay safe and follow instructions, it's for all of our benefits.

RTB and Ozzymac like this.
  16. Flash Gordon

Great news mate, I bet you're feeling high on life right now <laugh>

Sunderpitt and Vincemac like this.
  17. Ozzymac

please log in to view this image

18. Flash Gordon

Schools closed across the country from Friday, Italy death toll now at almost 3000 (8% of people infected) after it's biggest single day rise to date, Spain and France on lockdown, events for May and June cancelled and an estimated 25m jobs expected to be lost across the world.

It's time that people realise how serious this is, start being sensible and stop being selfish in my opinion.

gelders pie, The realist and Ozzymac like this.
  19. gelders pie

gelders pie Well-Known Member

Schools closing, lets hope the kids stay/are made to stay at home rather than gather in groups and think they're on holiday. Somehow I fear not

Flash Gordon likes this.
  20. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Could be worse, at least she didn't ask if you wanted to try rimming...

Smug in Boots likes this.