1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Corona virus

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by lifecheshirewhite, Feb 25, 2020.

1. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Ah the good old days of flu, when people weren’t too scared to come out from behind the sofa. And yet it caused more deaths than the Wuflu.

Influenza kills up to 25 000 people a year in England and Wales, report says
    Roger Dobson

Additional article information

A new analysis of the burden of influenza in England and Wales has been published by a team from the Health Protection Agency's centre for infections.

The authors say that flu causes between 10 500 and 25 000 deaths a year in England and Wales and is responsible for about 800 000 visits to GPs a year, a seventh of all visits for respiratory disease (Journal of Infection 2006 Nov 9, doi: 10.1016/j.jinf.2006.09.017).

“Although there are significant uncertainties, and considerable year on year variations, it is clear that the burden of influenza is considerable. Although much of this burden falls on the elderly, significant numbers of general practice consultations, hospitalisations and even some deaths occur annually in children in England and Wales,” they say.

Documenting the burden of influenza is not straightforward for a number of reasons, the authors say. Morbidity may be complicated by secondary bacterial infections and recorded under non-specific syndromes, including pneumonia, and only a fraction of cases are investigated microbiologically.

For the analysis, the team used laboratory reports from the Health Protection Agency, GP consultation and hospitalisation rates, and mortality and population data from the Office for National Statistics. The period covered was 1996 to 2004.

The results estimate that influenza A causes an average of 585 000 (95% confidence interval 416 000 to 1 001 000) consultations with GPs; 19 000 (14 000 to 24 000) hospital admissions; and 9700 (8900 to 10 500) deaths from respiratory disease a year.

When secondary bacterial infections and attributable deaths from other causes are included, the number of deaths rises to 21 700 (20 000 to 23 400). The burden of influenza B is estimated at 3100 (2300 to 3900) deaths.

The report estimated that influenza causes between 10 500 (9400 to 11 600) and almost 25 000 (22 500 to 27 500) deaths on average each year in England and Wales.

Of the 5.5 million consultations a year with GPs in England and Wales for acute respiratory illness, the report estimates that about 600 000 are attributable to influenza A, and half the cases are in children. A further 200 000 cases are attributable to influenza B.

The results also show that about 20 000 hospital admissions are attributable to influenza A, including 4200 from children under 4 years old. A further 8000 admissions may be because of secondary bacterial infections after influenza A.

leeds down south and OLOF like this.
  2. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Can you say that a bit louder Forza, there's a few still hiding behind their sofas with multiple face nappies on who can't hear you :emoticon-0105-wink:

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  3. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

<laugh> They can hear but they’re listening Olof <doh>

OLOF likes this.
  4. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

:1980_boogie_down:

FORZA LEEDS and OLOF like this.
  5. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

what is this thing you call influenza, have you notified the authorities or a you a doomsayer who tells falsehoods...be gone from wence you came and forever be banished from this forum........or i will call upon the lord to strike you down with great vengeance :eek:

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  6. blonogasoven

blonogasoven Well-Known Member

7. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

It wasn't a post about the UK

8. brisbane-lion

brisbane-lion Well-Known Member

9. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately we will never know how many elderly would have died without precautions maybe it would have been less , do you mean by precautions moving people with covid into care homes and they then killed the elderly there who was in charge of that fiasco ? I we know eh the same ones that were having Christmas lockdown parties at No 10 eh ? You mean them they were in charge of precautions eh ? I got covid here in thailand and I got certificates to prove I'm now naturally immune from covid with antibodies that kill covid , same ones that are protecting the elderly that thought I don't want to get vaccinated why bother when I can still get covid , i can still SPREAD covid being double vaccinated and I can still die from covid double vaccinated so the it stops you from going to late stage does not apply as you and fully vaccinated are still dying from covid so that argument does not hold water , I had a cold at Christmas that only lasted a week and this is what I think was omicron I will be going for another antibody test to confirm that next month that's if they have got a test for it by then , the covid I had in July lasted 3 weeks and I have certificates to prove it , it's not fantasist these experts are doctors , scientists and professors and they are breaking the silence to tell the truth , its upto you if you believe people that are telling you to put an experimental drug inside you .

OLOF likes this.
  10. sniffer1

Yep maybe I don't know how old olof is but he sounds as though he knows the truth and I think he has not been vaccinated and good for him if so.

OLOF likes this.

11. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

I don't care who has or who hasn't been vacinated it's an individual persons choice, I have which was my choice. But I don't think that the people who have chosen to get it deserve to get riduculed.<ok>

xbpod, sniffer1 and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  12. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Or wear a face mask, or face nappies as someone terms them<doh>

Irishshako likes this.
  13. sniffer1

True people who have had the vaccine don't deserve to be ridiculed and neither do unvaccinated deserve to be mandated to force them to have it and be excluded from society which is what is happening now , in april the uk government is going to mandate nurses and doctors to force them to have it if they don't they lose their jobs , this is not acceptable and soon after the uk government I believe will mandate General public to force them to take it , over half of which will already have had covid same as me and are naturally immune already so don't need the vaccine or should I say poison as it's not same as previous vaccines and is not a vaccine .
    the vaccinated will not also have it easy as they will have to keep taking the vaccine compromising their immune system FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES if they DONT then they too will BECOME UNVACCINATED So it's time for all to join together unvaccinated and vaccinated and say NO to the vaccine , as every time you take the vaccine (poison) that will destroy your immune system eventually , everytime you take it you are saying yes I want to take this for the rest of your life and are saying that unvaccinated will be forced to have it even if you don't believe that should happen.

14. sniffer1

Here is extracts from the uk governments yellow card scheme that reports advese reactions and gives figures of how many have died after having the vaccine
    Extracts from the uk governments own yellow card reporting scheme on fatalities of people after taking the vaccine is below
    Table 5: Number of suspected thrombo-embolic events with concurrent thrombocytopenia ADR cases received for the COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca in the UK up to and including 19 January 2022.
    Country Number of cases
    England 334
    Wales 13
    Northern Ireland 10
    Scotland 36
    Unknown 42
    Table 6: Number of UK suspected thrombo-embolic events with concurrent thrombocytopenia ADR cases received for the COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca by patient age up to and including 19 January 2022.
    Age range (years) Number of cases Number of fatal cases
    18-29 31 7
    30-39 50 11
    40-49 110 13
    50-59 105 21
    60-69 62 11
    70-79 40 7
    80-89 6 3
    90-99 2 1
    Unknown 29 3
    Total 435 77

15. sniffer1

Below is video of doctors etc speaking out about the harm that vaccinations are doing click on it anybody and listen to them and the truth told .
    https://t.me/PeterMcCullough/190

16. sniffer1

435 cases and 77 deaths out of that figure of 435 people after vaccination . Still want to get vaccinated ?

17. Brizzlewhite

Brizzlewhite Well-Known Member

I don't care if people are pro or anti vaccine and don't know you from Adam but factual context is everything with numbers. Some 48M people are double vaccinated in the UK - so the 435 above is about one thousandth of one percent. Have a look at the deaths and adverse reactions to long-term use of Aspirin for a comparison. There's a 2+% chance of chemo and other treatments for breast cancer killing you too.

As to Mccullogh, he's known - as previously stated - for having his Covid claims debunked. Are you really saying that the tens of millions of medical professionals around the world are all engaged in a global conspiracy and a few people 'know the truth'? Boris couldn't have a sneaky party at No10 without being outed.

18. xbpod

xbpod Well-Known Member

You're wasting your time Brizzle, haven’t you realised the whole world conspires together just to stop a few people on here doing what they want. No body cares what they do, but it seems to keep them happy saying everybody else is wrong.

19. Irishshako

**** them all I say 2P. If they don't wear them so be it, if they do so be it. I don't give a fingering fart about it anymore. <ok>

2 pennth likes this.
  20. Irishshako

Fair enough:grin:

sniffer1 likes this.