1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Coronavirus and football

Discussion in 'Watford' started by colognehornet, Mar 9, 2020.

1. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

Idiot

2. superhorns

That is a typical response from somebody that lacks any knowledge of business and how to take difficult decisions in the best interest of saving a business and the long term employment for the maximum number of staff. You really should try to contribute rather than insult.

3. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

You really do contradict yourself just to get a reaction.. In one set of posts a few weeks back you were bigging up your govt and the banks.. And now you are slagging them off.
    You were caught out pretending you had the virus to curry attention, then pretended you were cooking chilli for the homeless.. All BS... And you know it.

Meanwhile the world is facing its biggest challenge since WW 2 and we now hear that we have probably a year off this ahead of us.. A complete change of tune by the Govt in several days... We are in deep deep **** and the whole world of all hues shades and colour needs to pull together.. Otherwise your stash of wine and crisps and pat comments about 'excellent' ministers will count for Zero...

andytoprankin likes this.
  4. superhorns

You clearly are clueless when discussing banks, business, finance or anything grown up. I was making a comment about the deserved lack of trust in business banking for small businesses through years of dealing with them. Unless you have something worthwhile to say it is best if you refrain as you are well out of your depth. You really are a silly fellow.

5. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

SH some of us have as much business experience as you. Just try to accept that your way is not the only way. We know about banks, that you clearly had problems with, but I always found that if you were a credible company then you could get them on your side. The government that you support has changed it's opinion quite drastically from what it was doing a week ago, which must be difficult for you as you said that they were right then. Today it is obvious unless you are complaining that your bar is is closing, that they are now following what other countries, mainly in the EU are doing.

6. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Is there not some political/business forum you can use - or create another thread?

This Is supposed to be about football and Coronavirus….or at least discuss the situation without points scoring?

andytoprankin likes this.
  7. superhorns

The poster I was responding to clearly has little or no experience whatsoever in business. He offered nothing to the discussion except abuse.

I'm sure there are many on here with great experience. My criticism of business banking in the UK goes back a long way. I have long advocated long term lending support for small/med businesses to stop the practice of short notice withdrawal of funds. My grandson is on a graduate course in business banking for a major bank. He is horrified at some of the recent antics he has witnessed. He actually hates his job so will chose another career.

The UK government clearly has had a plan of action all along, properly dictated by medical advice which is the correct procedure.

8. superhorns

agreed, we should return to having a political / business thread. Can we limit it to grown ups please.?

9. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

You are assuming too much about other posters. If you wish to discuss family connections with the banks I have some also, but that is not to the point. If the plan of action is still the same why has everyone talked about the huge and dramatic change of policy?

10. superhorns

Clearly not by the lack of understanding in some comments.

Most countries employed a series of measures, each one more dramatic. The UK government sensibly followed the advice of the medical experts.

11. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Don't you see SH that all you are doing is repeating the same old mantra that is now outdated. For goodness sake admit that the government has been too slow to react. That view is being expressed everywhere you look, and it is no time to try and defend the view they had a week ago. This is a fast moving crisis, and some are already saying that despite today's measures the UK is still behind the curve. I have just heard from the UK that some think that the French lockdown may not be enough. The UK still has some way to go before you catch up with what is happening here. Mass testing is an obvious next step, but not many countries in Europe, the States and other democracies are equipped to do that.

12. superhorns

Well if you keep asking the same question you are bound to get the same answer. I know France, Spain and Italy are really struggling at the moment, only time will tell where the UK will end up. If you try not to panic I'm sure the UK government will employ further measures, as and when, required.

Your concerns would have more credence if your political bias was set aside for once.

13. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

It is not my political bias as I am not wedded to any political party. At one time I was a paid up member of a party, but after I stopped paying my fees I found that I wasn't trying to defend policies that I felt were wrong. I have said that I approve of the steps that the government have taken today, but wonder why they haven't moved further. To say that further measures will be forthcoming suggests that you agree with me, but tied to your party do not want to raise questions. I prefer to be able to look at all the evidence available to me, and not just take it on trust what one party is telling me.

14. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

Napoleon is always right.

yorkshirehornet and rudebwoy like this.
  15. superhorns

I'm sure the government's scientists look at the evidence then

16. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

Selective experts ,meanwhile objective experts have been warning for three months now ,what will happen without taking drastic action ,it doesn't please me to say this, but sadly they are right and this dithering govt got it so wrong ,had a warning from italy ,we are two weeks behind them ,but we haven't even locked down yet !!!

17. superhorns

advise accordingly. Hopefully they are competent.

18. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

I am afraid that you need more than the government's scientists SH, you need to take on board the world's scientists. The UK on its own is not enough.

19. superhorns

Sleep tight.

20. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Interesting that the Govt change of policy was also heavily discussed on the Telegraph website... The science had not changed they say, but the position of the govt did... Almost overnight..
    This is really beyond party politics, we need the best people in our country now . To see Matt Hancock on QT was revelatory... His shock at what he was facing was palpable... And him having to agree witht and take the lead from Andy Burnham and the TUC Geb sec.. Was gripping viewing.. This is so beyond party politicking... IMO we need a govt of national unity..