1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus and NOTHING to do with football thread

Discussion in 'Watford' started by andytoprankin, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Already the Government have sent out warnings about not going out - will they work?

Seen some people say they have had enough of the "lockdown" and social distancing already.

Thing is if people don't adhere to this the longer these guidelines will be in place - and businesses/social life suffers.

People need to understand people's health becomes before those things for the time being.

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  2. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

They may be fed up with both, but that's tough. If they don't do it voluntarily, they could always be locked up in solitary for the duration.

yorkshirehornet and Markthehorn like this.
  3. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

My son-in-law has been working from home for two weeks, and my daughter reckons he is suffering from cabin fever.:emoticon-0107-sweat

4. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Speaking to a friend in Dorset today he told me that people have been travelling thirty miles from Yeovil to raid his local supermarket. He went in one day and there was little missing from the shelves, but the next day he thought there had been a plague of locusts go through it. People told him that people arrived in a minibus and had a major shopping spree. Great for the locals who just walk down the road to get a bit each day.

andytoprankin and Markthehorn like this.
  5. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Re: the banks... they ought to be making their contribution to society by ensuring that businesses and home owners keep what is theirs and not fall to predators that have far too many pots to piss in already and the banks themselves not profiting from the misfortune.
    It's the potential water bill that makes me worried at the moment!!

6. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Don't begrudge this fella a penny of his fortune... FB_IMG_1585953969185.jpg

7. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

From The Leeds Covid-19 FB group. :

I’m trying to get some face visors for the nurses at Street Lane Doctors. I heard that someone at Allerton High School was making them but I’ve had no luck contacting them.
    Does anyone on here know anyone who could help. The nurses have no PPE and are taking great risks working each day.
    Thank you.

Still lack of vital equipment...

andytoprankin likes this.
  8. yorkshirehornet

Face masks..
    Now advised in the US.
    But did you here Trump saying why he won't ?? Shocking example to his people..

9. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

His ‘advice’ will have killed thousands, when this is looked back on.

10. yorkshirehornet

Interesting, if that is the word, that the US have stolen shipments of PPE ordered by France and Germany and banned exports of PPE out of the US
    Great country, great leader???
    I think not.....

11. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Daughter has now received her face mask at her clinic. You should try looking down a microscope through one of those, it is almost impossible. She is now doing quite a lot of the normal consultations by telephone, and only seeing people who are in pain. Many of her regulars are quite elderly, living alone, and she has quite a job with some of the calls she is making to bring the conversation to a close. Even in more normal times some of the people who come to see her regard it as a time for a bit of social contact.

rudebwoy and yorkshirehornet like this.
  12. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

Mrs Cologne has gone into the mass production of home made masks following a you tube video on how to do it <cheers> We are hoping that the rate of exchange will become so good in future that we can sell them for 4 bedroom houses. I have seen so many experts debating the pros and cons of these that I have come to the conclusion that we need fewer experts - or, rather, there is nothing more stupid than an intelligent man who is out of his depth. A mask, of any sort, is not going to be 100% safe but it is going to divert some germs, and that may be the difference between getting a mild infection and a heavy one. A fillet of haddock secured over the nose and mouth is going to stop something ! I've heard this ridiculous argument from the so called experts of the Robert Koch Institute (the same ones who said in January that human to human transmission wasn't possible) that wearing a mask leads to a false sense of security ! Possibly - but this is like saying that wearing seat belts also does the same, so we should stop wearing them ! Maybe we need fewer experts and more instinct - all those so called experts telling us that we will have this until 2021, or that 50 million could be infected - these could become self fulfilling prophecies if enough people believe them. We need optimists !

13. yorkshirehornet

Good for her.......

14. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

15. yorkshirehornet

The US are heading for a real crisis too looking at today's curve....

16. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

Up to now the Swedes have only tested 3,654 people for every million population - the same figure for neighbouring Norway is 18,812 for every million. Iceland has the highest rate of testing at 65,042 for every million. The Swedish attitude to this has been a case of 'wait and see', which is madness at a time like this.

17. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Mobile phone masts have been set on fire over “baseless” theories linking 5G to coronavirus. Masts were set alight near Birmingham on Thursday and in the Merseyside area on Friday.

I should be safe enough seeing as most of the time I am lucky if I get 3G. :emoticon-0100-smile

18. yorkshirehornet

yes i have 'friends' who ardently believe in the anti 5g logic, and posting all sorts of stuff on facebook...
    I tihnk there are serious concerns re radiation? But not a worldwide conspiracy by the super elite ?????

19. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

The 'super elite' <yikes>

I'm getting confused by all these 'elite' groups there are controlling the world. So far there's:

Brussels
    The Jews
    Hollywood
    The Rothschilds
    The Kochs
    The 'liberal' elite
    Some people in Islington
    Blair
    Soros
    Gates
    The Clintons

It's getting very confusing...

20. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

This was poetic justice for both France and Germany withholding supplies which Italy desperately needed. The EU as a unit is finished.