1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

2. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

kiwiqpr likes this.
  3. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

neither of them seem like resignation material really

4. surreyhoop

surreyhoop Well-Known Member

Only having half a sausage at a barbecue is resignation material as far as I am concerned.

kiwiqpr and bobmid like this.
  5. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

There are no new cases of Covid-19 in New Zealand for the 15th consecutive day, with just one active case remaining.

The last reported new case of Covid-19 in this country was on 22 May.

*See all RNZ coverage of Covid-19

The total remains at 1504 confirmed and probable cases, and just one case remains active.

There was no media conference today. The Health Ministry said in a statement there have been no further deaths.

The Ministry said there had been 511,645 registrations on the NZ Covid Tracer app.

Ninj and jeffranger like this.
  6. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Well you certainly showed us how it should have been done! I think we had more deaths yesterday than the whole of europe combined.

mapleranger and kiwiqpr like this.
  7. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Hopefully when the border controls are relaxed we won't get a massive second wave

bobmid likes this.
  8. Bwood_Ranger

We’re avoiding a second wave by making the first wave as long as possible.

kiwiqpr and bobmid like this.
  9. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

out of the 40,000 plus deaths, it would be nice to know
    1) How many already had underlying health issues which would have reduce their life expectancy
    2) How many people that have been tested, have survived
    3) Is there a graph which shows ages - a little bit similar to this 21 to 30, 31 to 40 etc
    4) The break down of races that get ill, - not just in UK, but in rest of Europe, Asia and USA
    5) Out of all the information there is that could be obtained from the deceased, is there not some common shared piece of "information" that could help identify who is more prone to catch the virus?

The last two hot sunny weekends, and the rioting and protests carrying on (and the example set by cummings) are the reasons why there will be a second peak or the first one will last longer.

10. Bwood_Ranger

On 2, we’re one of the few countries not to release stats on numbers of recoveries. Honestly no idea why.

11. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I have absolutely no idea why either WWR.

I am currently reviewing a project based on at home follow up of recovered CoVid19 patients in my local Trust. I know exactly how many people have left hospital/recovered between the start of the pandemic and 1st June.

12. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Here is another good reason not to trust opinion polls or the basic intelligence of the majority of respondents to these polls. Or both.

Apparently 75% of poll respondents want wearing face masks to be made compulsory in shops.

If this is actually true and representative, why aren’t 75% of people currently wearing face masks while shopping? It’s pretty easy to do, they even sell masks at the checkout in Marks and Sparks. As my household’s nominated hunter gatherer I can promise that round my way I’d estimate less than 10% of people wear a face mask while shopping, and considerably fewer than that wear one properly. So there are loads of people wandering around thinking that wearing a mask is a good idea, but deciding not to do it until they are told to. So either they are idiots or lying on the survey because they think it’s the right thing to say, ie they are idiots.

We get what we deserve.

They will be told to wear masks everywhere soon, because it will allow the government to reduce the social distancing measure to 1 metre or less, because it makes rebooting the economy easier. Apparently rebooting our economy hinges on allowing shops to stay open all day on Sunday. Which tells you everything you need to know about our economy.

Still, plenty of space in intensive care.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    bobmid and kiwiqpr like this.
  13. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

Masks are the new ‘must have’ fashion accessory......combine them with BLM T-shirt/Badge and you have the ultimate it girl/boy

Steelmonkey and kiwiqpr like this.
  14. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

Funny, when I robbed a bank and wore a mask I got in all sorts of trouble yet now they are a fashion accessory.....
    Joking!!!!!
    I wore a mask today for the first time when I did shopping. I suffer with asthma however I wanted to see how it felt and whether I would have trouble. For me no problem, however it did feel weird. I also wore gloves. There were quite a lot of people not wearing any PPE however due to my health and living with two 80 year old I have worn gloves since this started. What I still find strange is the fact that when this all started, the care homes should have automatically been providing staff with gloves, aprons and face masks.

15. Staines R's

Genuine question mate.....how often did you change your gloves ?

sb_73 likes this.
  16. pompeymeowth

pompeymeowth Prepare for trouble x
    Staff Member

The majority that you haven't blocked?

17. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

My daughter told me of a brilliant sign on a Tesco’s somewhere which said words to the effect that if you have been wearing gloves as you go from shop to shop either don’t enter the shop or throw them away and use some hand sanitiser before entering.

Also people should know that ‘face coverings’ are meant to stop you infecting other people (although if you think you are infected you shouldn’t be out). If you have got your hands on a jazzy FFP3 mask, it is ****ing great at stopping you from inhaling dust, but has a valve which means what you breathe out is going unfiltered out into the atmosphere. Also if you have made your own cloth mask you will find it will get damp while using it. If you touch it and then open a door , or touch a surface or whatever, you are simply spreading the virus, if you have it.

Two metres distance, wash your hands.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    qprbeth, kiwiqpr and Staines R's like this.
  18. pompeymeowth

Staff Member

Division, clear the Ellers!

19. pompeymeowth

Staff Member

Can I be a no in absentia?

bobmid likes this.
  20. Staines R's

Wish I could like this post more as it hits nail firmly on head.
    When dealing with a single patient I can often change my gloves up to 7-8 times....it’s what we are taught to do.
    I see people wearing gloves (not saying Ninj) thinking they are doing the right thing and protecting themselves and others but then wear the same gloves all day...it’s so ****ing pointless....as is wearing the mask half way down the face while on the phone smoking a fag.

Just wash your ****ing hands more !!!

mapleranger, qprbeth, sb_73 and 2 others like this.