1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Coronavirus: Pubs close after positive tests

please log in to view this image
    The Fox and Hounds in Batley, West Yorkshire, said a customer phoned to say they had tested positive for coronavirus

A number of pubs in England have closed after customers tested positive for coronavirus.

At least three establishments announced they had shut their doors again just days after reopening at the weekend.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  2. Woodyhoopleson

Woodyhoopleson Well-Known Member

That sky!

3. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Time magazine's take on the fact that the US and the UK were considered to be best prepared to handle a pandemic and their subsequent joint failures in actually confronting one.

https://time.com/5861697/us-uk-fail...gEewdJ3-6fuZeCjrx_nom8lczbGsPBgyr4AtI5ipiBbgg

Meanwhile, after setting up its scientific advisors to take the blame for the failures of the UK's response, our PM is already blaming the owners and management of care homes for the horrendous levels of excess deaths in their establishments. Nothing to do with the fact that his government, in its panic to 'protect the NHS', transferred 25,000 hospital patients into care homes without testing them for the virus.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    bobmid likes this.
  4. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Gives the ****ing lemmings an excuse to cling onto rather than admit they’ve voted in the most incompetent government of all time completely unable to do anything that isn’t shouting a Brexit slogan.

bobmid and QPR Oslo like this.
  5. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Regarding the Prime Minister’s views, I know, for a fact, from 3 separate sources all NHS clinicians, that around here patients were discharged into care homes with a positive diagnosis of COVID-19, not just ‘untested’. Primary care is also seeing a big rise in care home staff seeking psychological help. Simon Stevens, CEO of the NHS, has said that we need a revolution in social care and massive investment very quickly, before the next wave of stuff which kills old people. I agree of course, but given that he drove the slaughter in the care sector in order to protect his own organisation I don’t think his opinion should be sought.

kiwiqpr, bobmid and Uber_Hoop like this.
  6. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

I also know of 3 elderley people transferred back with a positive result. My sister in law refused to see them.

sb_73 likes this.
  7. Ranger4ever

Ranger4ever Well-Known Member

Did you hear Alok Sharma's pitiful attempt to back Bojo's remarks about how Care Homes didn't do enough to stop the spread because they didn't follow procedures? Apparently, they didn't have any procedures because the "experts" couldn't develop procedures due to their lack of understanding about asymptomatic transmission.

No sh*t Sherlock, but what about those who had been tested as positive and were still sent to Care Homes? The blaming of experts and scientists is well and truly under way.<doh>

bobmid and Stroller like this.
  8. Steelmonkey

Yay - beer gardens opened up in Scotland yesterday...

IMG-20200707-WA0002.jpg

UTRs, bobmid and StortfordQPR like this.
  9. Butthuber

Butthuber Well-Known Member

You will find out what will happen until the end of this year - the Great Reset the WEF has predicted in Davos (CH). Stay in your little ignorant world and see what will be coming soon. Keep ignoring Agenda 21/30, Event 201, ID2020, The-Known-Traveller etc. which can be easily looked up. Well, on last help and I will never talk about that again with you.

By the way, that will be the last season of Football how we know it - keep wearing your mask.

10. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

All I asked is what, positively, you believed in, not what you are afraid of or what the date of the apocalypse is going to be. Seems like you’ve admitted defeat already though, must be **** to live in fear. Cheerio.

11. Steelmonkey

So it turns out that transmission of Covid by asymptomatic carriers us now deemed "very rare" by WHO after some trials/studies carried out - does that mean that we wear masks or don't wear masks?

bobmid and kiwiqpr like this.
  12. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

what does tom hanks think about masks

Coronavirus: Tom Hanks 'has no respect' for people not wearing masks

• Close share panel
    Related Topics

Media playback is unsupported on your device
    Tom Hanks: 'If you can't wear a mask, I've got no respect for you'
    Exit player

Media captionTom Hanks: 'If you can't wear a mask, I've got no respect for you'
    Tom Hanks, who recovered from Covid-19 earlier this year, has said he "has no respect" for people who decline to wear a mask in public during the pandemic.

The actor and his wife Rita Wilson tested positive for coronavirus while filming in Australia in March.

Many governments now recommend face coverings, but they are not mandatory in most places.

Hanks said: "I don't get it, I simply do not get it, it is literally the least you can do."

The actor was speaking to the Associated Press about face coverings while promoting his latest film.

"If anybody wants to build up an argument about doing the least they can do, I wouldn't trust them with a driver's licence," he said.

Image copyrightGetty Images
    "I mean, when you drive a car, you've got to obey speed limits, you've got to use your turn signals [indicators], you've got to avoid hitting pedestrians. If you can't do those three things, you shouldn't be driving a car.

"If you can't wear a mask and wash your hands and social distance, I've got no respect for you, man. I don't buy your argument."

Image copyrightEPA
    Image caption Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson tested positive for coronavirus in March
    The refusal of some members of the public to wear masks is a particular issue in the US, which leads the world in coronavirus deaths and infections.

US President Donald Trump had previously voiced his opposition to them, but he changed his tone last week, telling Fox News he is "all for masks".

'Heartbroken'
    Hanks is a two-time Oscar winner, taking home the best actor prize for both Philadelphia and Forrest Gump in the 1990s.

His new film, Greyhound, was originally due to be released in cinemas but will now be screened on Apple TV instead.

Many cinemas around the world remain closed to slow the spread of infections amid the pandemic, but they are now allowed to open in the UK.

"We are all heartbroken that this movie is not playing in cinemas," Hanks told AFP. "But with that removed as a possibility, we were left with this as a reality."

In another interview with Reuters, Hanks said Greyhound was made for "a big, massive, immersive experience that can really only come out when you're in a movie theatre with at least 100 other people".

But with the coronavirus pandemic, "we've got to roll with these punches" and put it online for home viewing, he said.

Image copyrightGetty Images
    Image caption Tom Hanks was named the recipient of the Cecil B DeMille award at the Golden Globes earlier this year
    In the movie, Hanks plays Commander Ernest Krause, a naval officer embarking on his first mission of World War Two.

Hanks also wrote the screenplay, adapting it from the 1955 CS Forester novel The Good Shepherd.

In his three-star review of the film, Empire's Ian Freer said the film was "a serious, well-intentioned slice of WWII naval history full of compelling detail and good action but lacking the dimensions and dynamics to make you truly feel it".

Digital Spy's Gabriella Geisinger noted: "Greyhound really suffers from the small screen. It is meant to be a naval epic, whose high-seas stakes and battles, with gunfire through the dark as sea-spray washes aboard, is made less visceral on a small screen in your relatively-well-lit living room."

"Greyhound is an efficient, satisfying war film," wrote Kevin Crust in the Los Angeles Times. "In that regard, it's a fresh telling of familiar elements, buoyed by the powerfully understated performances."

He added: "It's understandable that Sony opted to go the digital route in selling Greyhound "to Apple TV+, but it would have been an especially good film to experience on the big screen in an auditorium."

13. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Hanks said: "I don't get it, I simply do not get it, it is literally the least you can do."

Surely, literally the least you can do is not wear one?

14. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

UTRs and kiwiqpr like this.
  15. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

Hmm....the WHO seems to change its mind as frequently as we do our back 4/5

16. Steelmonkey

But they wont be fooled again....

UTRs, Uber_Hoop and kiwiqpr like this.
  17. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm

Queens Park Stranger likes this.
  18. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Do I get a plastic toy with my happy meal?

19. Butthuber

Butthuber Well-Known Member

I am not living in fear but in full awareness since 2008 what the masses will have to expect very soon. The COVID-19 lockdown was initiated to stop the current system and push us into another which the UN Agenda´s 21/30 describe quite precisely. They call it the Green Deal (sounds similar to Roosevelt´s New Deal) through decarbonising hence deindustrialising especially the Western World to achieve that. Greta, Extinction Rebellion, Greenpeace seem to be NGO´s but actually they have been setup, supported by Goverments luring people into a world that many will not survive. Those people have created the UN pact of Migration telling ignorant people that we to help refugees which they have created themselves by bombing many countries as planned and officially announced after 9/11.

They have created BLM trying to start trouble and officially stating that they are strongly supporting a Marxist idea. Stupid people are down on their knees and kissing someone´s boots - that is what Gustave Le Bon wrote in "The Crowd: A Study of the Popular Mind" (manipulation of the masses).

All politians are organised as Freemasons, in the CFR, Bilderberger etc. and they are just a tool for the one´s that are really ruling the world.

You will now see the 2nd wave of any other virus the make up in order to shut down everything destroying the industry completely. They will force us into vaccination soon (now they are using Corona Apps or other stuff). The new vaccination will be a change of your RNA which is a different thing to the vaccinations we know.

You and other disbelievers will see very soon what I am trying to tell you.

20. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

And why should these 'one's who are really ruling the World' have any interest in deindustrialization ? I think you've been reading too many conspiracy theories and need to get out into the real World a bit !