1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Feb 8, 2020.

1. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

His wife said COVID. He was fit and healthy before catching it, and in his early 50s

2. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I'm sorry to hear that mate.

3. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

After reading Stortford's comment I tried to substantiate my comment above. Apparently, it was only pertinent to the Met Police ...

please log in to view this image

StortfordQPR likes this.
  4. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

Thanks 9s

A few others could learn from your effort to quote facts rather than (received) opinion

QPR999 likes this.
  5. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

A friend's mum died of coronavirus back around May time. I met her last October when, as a very youthful 70 year old, she was drinking and dancing in a nightclub in Manchester.

More anecdotally, two of my colleagues dad's died in April. One in a nursing home had existing lung problems and another felt unwell on a Thursday and died two days later.

Another colleague's mother died this week.

These three are all from an office of 18 people although I haven't asked any of them if they were Covid related purely for my own statistical analysis (I know the second one was being treated as such).

Another ex-colleague's dad also died at the end of April (again, I haven't checked for confirmation of cause).

I don't keep a huge social group and so this number of deaths is very extreme (although could be coincidence).

I don't really follow celebrity but Eddie Large died of Covid and so did Pep Guardiola's mother.

6. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

As I said, overall you are right, this illness gets the already vulnerable, who tend not to be famous, in a fatal way, but perhaps others less overtly vulnerable will have long lasting debilitating impact. This argument ‘did he/she die of or with COVID’ is a real red herring. Beth explained what people actually die from way earlier in this thread - a cytocine storm - it’s the combination of the virus and an underlying health issue - which may simply be being old or overweight for some people - that can be deadly in some cases.

In addition to the deaths and long term illnesses the lasting impact of this ‘event’ might well be a change in our collective and individual psyche. Already frayed levels of trust in previous authoritative sources of information and guidance have been stretched to the limits and understandably some people will never believe anything they hear from these sources again, and will seek other explanations to make sense of their world. My fear is that some of these other explanations are both beguiling and deeply scary and sinister. There is another thread on here devoted entirely to propagating one of these. People are confused, angry, scared and ripe for exploitation by ruthless bastards. The incompetence with which our, and some other, governments have handled this has left the door open for the rise of the nutters.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    QPR999 likes this.
  7. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

That's an excellent post Stan.

8. Woodyhoopleson

Woodyhoopleson Well-Known Member

There are many questions that need answering and as far as I’ve heard, have never even been asked. Things like the downgrading of covid to non HCID, the questionable attribution of deaths to covid, the 20,000 who died in care homes, many of whom were sent away from hospitals to die alone and uncared for, the government’s own admittance that more people will die of the lockdown than of the virus, the destruction of thousands of lives, businesses and futures being wholly disproportionate to the problem.

However, since July, Uk deaths have been equal to or lower than those of the previous 5 years. Are we still in a pandemic?

During this time, we see the introduction of mandatory face masks, with the threat of fines for those who won’t participate.

We see the 6 monthly extension of the legislation brought about unchallenged in March.

We see no opposition in parliament.

We see no reference to daily deaths any more, but instead daily cases. Cases used to mean those who are infected, infectious and sick, now a simple positive test will do. A test which has been criticised for not being appropriate for use and now is being questioned over it’s dangerously high false positive rate.

According to Carl Hennigan, professor for evidence based medicine at Oxford uni, a 0.1% false positive could give 50% false stats and the 1% false positive, quoted by Hancock could mean 9 out of 10 positive results could be wrong. And these stats are the driving force behind this outrageous policy.

When Hancock and some of his mates were questioned about this, they simply stutter, avoid and attempt to answer a different question. I’ve certainly not heard any come back on this yet.

I think there’s plenty of cause for questioning and trying to work out what’s really going on.

bobmid, Stroller and QPR999 like this.
  9. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

What about Kate Garraway's husband, who was in a coma for months and is still critically ill?
    She said he had no underlying health problems and wasn't particularly overweight. The medics have attributed this to Covid19.
    The medics have also attributed Steel's wife's problems to long-Covid.
    Are these medics lying or are all medics in on this great hoax?

Goldhawk-Road and KooPeeArr like this.
  10. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

Meanwhile life is back to normal in China

11. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

I thought that Eddie Large had heart problems and that his death was a combination of Covid plus heart related problems

12. rangercol

Are all the medics in on this scam?

13. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

please log in to view this image

are you lookin at my bird

14. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Tim Brooke Taylor
    Trini Lopez
    Roy ( of Siegfried and Roy and tigers fame)
    Eddie Large

Have all died of Covid. I think we have all heard of them.

You don't actually die of Covid itself 999s., You die of the many complications of Covid.
    Pneumonia, aneurisms, stroke, total organ failure is apparently the most common.

Some people with Covid suffer a load of secondary effects caused by the cytokine storm initiated by the bodies response to the virus. That is what initiates the fatalities.

I explained this earlier in the thread 999s, but in the last few days, a paper has been published showing people who develope this cytokine storm have a different genetic make up to those who don't. It may explain which people shrug off the virus...and those who don't and end up in ICU.

I know a number of people who have been hospitalised 999s. Dismiss this virus at your own peril. You are relatively young a fit..so you probably can

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    QPR Oslo and rangercol like this.
  15. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Thank you.

I must admit it scares me when I see people that I like, respect, enjoy sharing a pint or six with, and know to be proper, intelligent and sensible (usually), and very much like myself, taking such a radically different line to where I stand about what is going on. I have been wildly inconsistent myself, but I have never imagined this to be a ‘hoax’.

I suppose it just shows what a ditch we are in. Equally, I’m not claiming that my (variable) take is right.

16. rangercol

I actually find all this talk of a 'hoax' and 'scam' are both insulting to all the medics and scientists trying to battle this thing and dangerous, in that, the more gullable in society actually believe it.

bobmid, jeffranger and qprbeth like this.
  17. rangercol

I, too, was very surprised to read Nine's views.
    So much so that I'm almost waiting for him to come on here and say.....
    "Gotcha!! Just kidding".

qprbeth and sb_73 like this.
  18. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

A victory for PCR truthers?

Belgium just announced that PCR tests will no longer be relied upon as a guage of the prevalence of the virus, hospitalisations will.

Despite (apparent) rising cases, masks no longer mandated outdoors.

Stroller likes this.
  19. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

20. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod