1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

That is a ****ing idiotic stance though so I’ll stand by it, ta.

2. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

If he broke the rules then he is just as bad as the ones mentioned... keep up Beth we are all in this together according to Handcock. :)

3. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

what about all the so called false positives
    everyones probably counting people that didn't have it

and no
    I don't have an answer on what to do
    does anyone

nice to see chinas economy picking up so quickly

4. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Absolutely... Ellers.

We are all in this together... And for the less than 5 seconds it took him to walk from the door to our table... accidentally forgetting to put on his mask ( for which he immediately apologized). I have every right to sack him from his job as husband, and throw him out.

We sat happily drinking with about 20 other socially distant groups of people ( say 50 people in all/ who we didn't know...and then we put on our masks to cross the 5 foot to the door...before whipping off our masks outside.

Obeying the rules...but not really understand the logic or the science of how wearing that mask for the 10 seconds of a visit that lasted 2 hours saved our lives

SW Ranger, peter1954qpr, UTRs and 2 others like this.
  5. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

he should be ok as long as no one got a photo

bobmid and Steelmonkey like this.
  6. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Some may make light of this but there are some on here who's families have been affected or still are by this. Yesterday I had to sit and watch a stream of a funeral of friend who died of covid. Top fella as well. Ironically on the same day someone posted a recent video of him helping out at food banks and commenting on social distancing. Apparently he was very cautious and took things seriously... somewhere along the line someone didn't.

jeffranger, UTRs and Steelmonkey like this.
  7. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

I agree Ellers. .
    What I was challenging...was the thinking behind this.
    Yes hubbie made a 5 second mistake.
    He was not within 2 metres ( or even 5 ) of anyone except me at that time...but we then sat in a closed room, with no ventilation with 50 people for over 2 hours...but obeyed the rules.
    We try to obey the rules at a times, because we understand that some people get very ill with this virus

The media and government blame people for breaking the rules.
    I was just putting up the idea that perhaps the rules are not always sensible and easy to follow

The easiest rules to follow...don't have it's and buts.

Full lockdown was easy. Stay at home. Don't go out....unless you have eyesight problems

Now.

Just heard from no 2 daughter. In top tier lockdown in London .
    She just had a business meeting in a pub in London...with a meal.... because business meetings are allowed. Although she cannot meet me now.

8. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

See, I wouldn't want to be in a closed room, with no ventilation with 50 people.
    The rules are contradictory because the Government are trying to square a circle by keeping businesses open, but applying restrictions at the same time.
    Impossible!!
    The only way to have no confusion or contradictions is to close down everything again.
    Can we afford to do that?
    Friends across the road have just told us that their 23 year old Son has tested positive.
    Very close to home!!

9. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

at least the nhs was saved
    please log in to view this image

10. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

I now agree.

I didn't really enjoy it either Col...and won't do.it again. Our only true pub in the village is closed to closing through this pandemic ...and there is a village call to try and keep.it viable. Just didn't think we would all think of doing it on a Tuesday night

rangercol likes this.

11. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I've added to my post.

12. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

I am not sure what can be done really Col....

I think everyone was naive to believe there was not going to be a second wave...of course there was.

I don't think we were properly prepared for the second wave..of course we weren't. We never were prepared for the first.

There is going to be a terrible fallout from this...socially, economically, mentally.

It is going to take more than a generation to get over.

and no I have no awnsers.

Steelmonkey and Goldhawk-Road like this.
  13. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

There are ridiculous rules. I cant go to my mothers house to see her, yet I can go to her house to plaster a wall!

14. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

For those who take this virus seriously, our best course of action is a circuit break as above all, it would give the government time to sort out test and trace. Remember, that was the key to reopening the country in the first place. Yes it would cost a lot of money again, but look at what this government are prepared to pay private companies, consultant fees etc. There will soon be bloody loads of areas in tier 3 anyway. Granted, some areas arent seeing the same rise in infections but as we keep getting told, we are all in it together. Close the country for a couple of weeks, pay the furlough and fix the test and trace. Probably get the economy moving faster anyway.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  15. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Sadly that won't work Bob. I heard some professor fella on the news this morning saying that the lock down in Wales for 2 weeks wasn't long enough and that in other countries the lockdown (circuit break) wasn't very effective. It will only return again. We can't keep locking down and I don't believe the T&T will ever be good enough. We all need to understand that there isn't a magic money tree.

16. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

This is a real question Ellers..I am not point scoring.
    You say there isn't a magic money tree ( I so agree with you on that).
    You say trace and track is no good ( I agree on that too)
    You say a circuit breaker won't work.

What do you think will work..or are you just thinking to let the virus get in with its work...and carry on regardless.

As said honest question ...to which I do not have the answer

17. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Cheers for the kind words mate. We also visited the remembrance of the Juden tribute when we were in Berlin ... twice.

As for the QPR 'fellow hoops' stuff only applies to people I know in real life. Not to the people I don't. That is indeed weird.

I'm never on a wind-up, and I express my sincerest sympathies to anyone affected by the pandemic.

Your assumption is correct that my delivery is one of frustration. It is. And just to confirm ... I'm still following all of the rules.

I apologise if anyone on here has been offended by my Laissez-faire to this subject.

I shall refrain from posting on this thread.

sb_73 likes this.
  18. BobbyD

BobbyD President

do not be.

i'm in your boat.

I was all for a lockdown but lets face it, until a vaccine comes, this isn't going to go away and we can't keep locking down and hoping this virus goes away.

Maybe it's because i'm younger but you can't essentially keep society locked up and financially ruining the millions out there so that the a fraction of the population are kept at it's safest.

Yes, this could affect me even though it's statistically unlikely but if we keep going things like the way there are, there is going to be a revolution and great social unrest soon as people start starving

qprbeth and QPR999 like this.
  19. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Cheers, Bobby.

I'm not sure that the vaccine is the answer Bobby. We have a vaccine for the flu but still 45,000 - 65,000 die from that annually, I think? I stand to be corrected.

BobbyD likes this.
  20. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Steels, I sincerely hope you and your wife all the very best mate.

Steelmonkey and kiwiqpr like this.