1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Feb 8, 2020.

1. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Aaaaaah Stroller got ya.
    You are right..

I thought you were asking about Endemic ...but it was "an".

As proved above subtlety of mean is beyond me

Stroller likes this.
  2. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

India is becoming very scary, and the perfect illustration of the fear which drives lock down decisions - what happens when a health system collapses.

Also scary that the people dying seem to be all sorts.

finglasqpr likes this.
  3. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

It seems much younger adults are dying in India, begging the question; is theirs a more deadly mutation?
    Many of us, whilst watching the cricket earlier in the year were questioning why there were thousands of fans in the ground.
    Seems the government over there have completely mishandled and underestimated this thing.
    Tragic.

4. rangercol

Col you will never make a dentist!

What part of "I'm not sure we could have prevented this " and " we could not have prevented this"...is really actually contradictory?

You are finding deep subtlety of meanings in my words that I am really not capable of.

We the UK... could not prevent an endemic in the big wide world....we can only do our bit ...and stop people dying in our own country...

Obviously, we could start by sending our surplus vaccines to India and other countries, that might help, but my understanding is we don't currently have any surplus...but that is a completely different argument....which I am sure we will get onto.[/QUOTE]

Jeez!!
    We'll agree to differ Beth. :emoticon-0100-smile

5. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Is some of the Pfizer vaccine ordered, or to be ordered, by the EU going to Norway? Norway has at least been getting its vaccines by an agreement with Sweden, through a cooperation agreement with the EU, an early Norwegian investment in vaccine development apparently, in return a proportion of vaccines as I understand it. Norway is expecting an increased supply of Pfizer, and has Moderna and more AZ coming. They have loaned existing remaining supplies of AZ to Sweden and Iceland, and will get these back later if Norway should start using AZ again.

finglasqpr likes this.
  6. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Yes, the virus clearly doesn't recognise the caste system...

kiwiqpr likes this.
  7. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

EU is sueing AZ over the reduced numbers of vaccines it has delivered compared to the original schedule.

AZ has been explicit that this has been due to production issues (also having an impact on the U.K.) and that vaccine production is not an overnight process. AZ is also extremely confident that the words ‘best efforts’ in the contract can be shown to have been delivered against.

But let’s say the EU win. Will that get them instantly more vaccine? No, because the ‘extra’ vaccine doesn’t exist.

Do they actually need more AZ vaccine? No, because their propaganda against the company has ensured that EU citizens don’t want this vaccine. In Sweden they are throwing unused vials away when clinics close because people have refused to take it - from a part Swedish company.

So what is the EU motivation for this legal action? Presumably to punish AZ for their own failures. Blame transferral in its purest form.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    SW Ranger, qprbeth, kiwiqpr and 2 others like this.
  8. rangercol

Surely everyone is now aware that the default position of the EU, when they feel wronged, is to punish those they feel have wronged them?
    Their true colours have really been exposed post brexit.

Goldhawk-Road and ELLERS like this.
  9. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Ring the “VICIOUS EU PROVING ME RIGHT ALL ALONG” bell.

QPR Oslo and finglasqpr like this.
  10. QPR Oslo

I have no sympathy for AZ. Their lack of any humane reaction, or interest in resolving the problem, to the deaths of people given their vaccine has been deafening, by their silence.

finglasqpr likes this.

11. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I have no sympathy for AZ, as numerous earlier post will demonstrate.

Your comment on deaths related to their vaccine is, of course, pure ignorance and I’m sick of explaining why. As a man of my age or even older I assume that you are on one or more long term medication. Read the package insert, and decide whether you want to take the risk of continuing to take them. Especially those 1 in 10,000 or higher risks!

12. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

but the eu are fantastic and really react to situations with speed

Charles Michel
    @eucopresident

The #EU stands in solidarity with Indian people amidst resurgent #COVID19 pandemic.

The fight against the virus is a common fight.

We will discuss our support and cooperation at EU-India Leaders’ meeting on 8 May with
    @narendramodi
    and
    @antoniocostapm

rangercol likes this.
  13. QPR Oslo

Ir's not the small print I react to, but I'm certainly not ignorant of them, I have read all too many. But you raise the small print!- Norway did not agree the European Medical Association's initial response to the serious blood clotting problems, they wanted a warning of that clotting risk included with the vaccine, which the EMA refused at that time. More recently both the EMA and I believe their UK counterparts have instructed that the AZ vaccine comes with warnings of this serious if rare risk and information about the symptoms to look for, and treatment needed. Don't think AZ even proposed even that.

finglasqpr likes this.
  14. rangercol

**** me Ossie, you are spouting some bollocks on this subject.

Goldhawk-Road, ELLERS and jeffranger like this.
  15. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

You know my opinion already. AZ have acted like scoundrels in failing to adhere to a contractual agreement. The courts can decide who wins.

I believe the EU are taking the legal action as at the time (first 3 months of this year), many thousands of Europeans got sick and died because AZ only delivered 30m vaccines when they were contracted to deliver 110m.

Will this legal action make any difference going forward? I don't think it matters who wins the court case. If AZ win it, they have little to gain, if the EU win it, they have little to gain also. Other vaccines are coming on stream now. I think most EU countries have about 25-30% of adults with one dose at least and 10-15% with second doses. A huge majority of EU citizens are getting the Pfizer jab and are happy to receive it. AZ's failure to adhere to the terms of their EU contract and also the problems people all over the world have had with clots etc means, AZ have damaged their own reputation and their sales will be on the floor after all this. I have zero sympathy for them.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  16. rangercol

Good grief!

ELLERS likes this.
  17. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

<laugh>

18. finglasqpr

They have destroyed their own reputation to the point that some countries have banned their product completely.

Personally, I'd take it but lots of people wouldn't.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  19. finglasqpr

individual EU countries are sending immediate help Kiwi.

Go look that up.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  20. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Individual countries not in the Eu are also sending help
    The Eu will meet in two weeks to see what help it can offer

Attached Files: