1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Feb 8, 2020.

1. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

I hope I'm wrong. Just looking too good to be true at the moment.

2. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

3. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

4. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Talking of British or English to be more accurate, our lockdown pup is an English Pointer - full of bounce and joy at everything and with anyone on 2 or 4 legs. He can't wait to go out to run off lead. Except................................................when it rains. Then he stares at me as if I'm mad and refuses to budge. I've found only gratuitous insults that rain goes with the territory and the name and that he needs to 'man up' for us to eventually get going. Snow? Bring it on but the slightest spot of drizzle and he becomes a wuss.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  5. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

I would interrogate all the family and find out who’s been teaching him not to want walkies when it’s raining. There must be a culprit lurking somewhere in the household Yorkshire.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  6. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Has he started pointing yet? It's amazing how some breeds retain their in-bred traits. I used to have a Belgian Shepherd Dog that ran in circles...

7. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

**** me, you'd never get out the house if you lived up here!

kiwiqpr likes this.
  8. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

hows the wife steelsy
    full recovery
    back to work

9. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

My mum had a Border Collie that had never seen real sheep but would run behind the set if there were any being shown on TV.

10. Steelmonkey

Getting there mate, not quite 100% but a lot better than she was, thanks.

Couple of weeks then she's back in....

ELLERS, kiwiqpr and rangercol like this.

11. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

We had a ****zu that crapped everywhere!

peter1954qpr and Sooperhoop like this.
  12. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Don't cross it with a Cocker-Poo... <yikes>

SW Ranger and rangercol like this.
  13. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh>

14. Steelmonkey

kiwiqpr likes this.
  15. YorkshireHoopster

In his very first photo sent by the breeder when he was a little ball of puppy fat he was pointing with a big porky paw.. It's amazing how much he has changed as he is all muscle and rib now. The pointing is three dimensional - a straight line where nose head, bum and tail are all perfectly aligned and another of course from tip of nose to tip of tail. If I had a shotgun I would just need to position myself directly behind him. It's finished off by the front paw in the air with the claw pointing the way

kiwiqpr likes this.
  16. YorkshireHoopster

We get plenty of that 'ere in Yorkshire but we do get going eventually. It's the first couple of drops but once they've soaked in he's fine- we're off and he doesn't want to go in. Still, works for me. I've gone from just under sixteen stone to precisely 15 just through walking 90 minutes each morning and 3-4 hours a day at weekends.

SW Ranger and Steelmonkey like this.
  17. chinasaint

chinasaint Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is being reported in the UK, but quite significant news about the origin of Covid-19.

COVID-19 could have first begun circulating outside China, mathematical study suggests.

COVID-19 viruses found in Europe, the U.S. and India could be older than that first identified in the city of Wuhan, suggesting the pandemic probably originated outside China, a mathematical study has concluded.

However, Pei and Yau concluded that their calculations, using the k-mer natural vector method, suggested with 91 percent certainty that SARS-CoV-2 had begun circulating among humans in Europe, India or the U.S. before Wuhan.

Here is a link to the article

https://newseu.cgtn.com/news/2021-0...ing-outside-China-study-ZZFxsdy6li/index.html

or the article in full is posted below;

Europe 23:28, 04-May-2021

COVID-19 could have first begun circulating outside China, mathematical study suggests
    Updated 00:18, 05-May-2021
    Daniel Harries

COVID-19 viruses found in Europe, the U.S. and India could be older than that first identified in the city of Wuhan, suggesting the pandemic probably originated outside China, a mathematical study has concluded.

Researchers from China analysed genomes of the virus from around the world to compare them with a bat-borne version, which is the most closely related yet found in nature to SARS-CoV-2, the virus behind the current pandemic.

They reported that examples found in five countries – France, England, India, the U.S. and the Netherlands – were closer to the original animal pathogen than the first cases identified in humans in Wuhan. That suggests the viruses from those places had experienced a shorter evolutionary journey and therefore probably emerged earlier, the two mathematicians concluded.

The origin of the pandemic is a highly charged issue, controversially politicized by former U.S. President Donald Trump, who referred to COVID-19 as "the China virus." It was first identified in Wuhan during the last days of 2019, although subsequent studies have suggested it may have been present elsewhere sometime before that.

The new research was undertaken by Shaojun Pei and Stephen Yau, from Tsinghua University in Beijing and published in Acta Mathematica Scientia. It comes on the heels of a high-profile World Health Organization (WHO) investigation that aimed to close in on how the pandemic began.

After a trip to Wuhan, the WHO's team of experts, working alongside Chinese scientists, said they were unable to state definitively what had led COVID-19 to pass into humans, nor where it had happened, but that it had most likely traveled through two animal species first.

However, Pei and Yau concluded that their calculations, using the k-mer natural vector method, suggested with 91 percent certainty that SARS-CoV-2 had begun circulating among humans in Europe, India or the U.S. before Wuhan.

18. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

In another mathematical model, Chinese state sponsored slaves demonstrate that China is the most open, free, and democratic country on Earth, and has never tortured anyone because of their ethnicity or imprisoned those who demonstrate to protect their basic rights in a territory which is meant to have its own system of government.

Article from a Chinese state owned propaganda vehicle, which had its license to broadcast in the U.K. withdrawn in February this year.

Of course the COVID 19 coronavirus originated in China. Other coronaviruses are circulating everywhere all the time, just not infecting humans. Most of us have moved on from that now, we recognise that we have no influence over that regime, which has the power and the lack of scruple to do just about whatever it wants. Now, in with the classic paranoia of the totalitarian, it wants to rewrite history to demonstrate its blamelessness. But please don’t insult our intelligence. I assume you live in China, perhaps you are a Chinese citizen, and I understand that you have to be very careful what you say on certain issues. Probably best not saying anything.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    Hoop-Leif, rangercol, ELLERS and 2 others like this.
  19. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

What the article says is probably true but it is blinding by using true facts.

Yes there were and still are more "ancient" forms of coronovirus circulating in UK, Brazil, India the World AND China. ( the b**** thing mutates all the time ).

Yes they were circulating before and still are..

The question is not where it got the "transmit to human" mutation...I expect it happens all over the world..

The question was where it got the opportunity to actually do it and where the population dynamics allowed it to proliferate.
    That was the wet markets iof
    China.. where bats or pangolins came into contact with humans

In UK or Italy or Brazil, we do not come in contact with pangolins or even bats

Even in rural China/Africa a virus jumping to a human will often be contained by lack of contact..

Wuhan wet market was a perfect place to start the Pandemic ( not the infection note the difference please ChinaSaint)

I am not blaming China for the outbreak...it could happen anytime and anywhere

My blame to China is not declaring a pandemic until it was too late

20. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Mmm I guess that Chinasaint poster has popped up again. He is one of those state run bods spreading propaganda. I put him on ignore as I know what he is. I hear Mr Wong has got 10 months in jail for recognising the truth.