1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Feb 8, 2020.

1. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I heard a few did.

2. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

As feared, the knuckle-draggers have hit the streets of Glasgow even though they are in an area where the Indian variant is prevalent...

Covid in Scotland: Police urge large Rangers crowds to disperse

please log in to view this image

Hundreds of fans packed together outside the ground

Police have urged Rangers fans to disperse after crowds poured onto the streets of Glasgow to celebrate their club's Scottish Premiership title win.

Supporters started gathering outside Ibrox Stadium more than four hours ahead of the final league game of the season against Aberdeen.

There was a significant police presence throughout the pre-match celebrations.

Glasgow remains in level 3 of Covid lockdown restrictions, with large gatherings outdoors not permitted.

The crowds increased in the lead-up to today's 12:30 kick-off

A Greater Glasgow Police statement said: "Officers will be deploying at a number of locations including Ibrox Stadium and George Square.

"Supporters congregating should disperse, take personal responsibility and use Greater Glasgow safely and respectfully."

Ch Supt Mark Sutherland, divisional commander for Greater Glasgow division, added: "Under the current restrictions, no-one should be gathering in numbers of more than six at the stadium or any other location.

"Police Scotland supports the club in urging its fans to do the right thing and follow the coronavirus regulations around gatherings.

"We will continue to liaise with our partners, including the Scottish government, to ensure matches can be completed safely and to minimise the risk to both our officers and the public."

Fan swarmed around the team bus as it pulled up at Ibrox Stadium

Flares were set off by supporters among the crowds

Scotland's Justice Secretary Humza Yousaf also called on supporters to take "responsibility" for their actions while level three restrictions remain in place.

He tweeted: "While there is a significant Police presence at Ibrox and across City, this is ultimately about personal responsibility. If you have gathered you should disperse, particularly given yesterday's announcement about Covid in Glasgow.

Rangers had asked supporters to mark the club's title success in a "safe and sensible manner".

On Friday night, Rangers supporters set off a large number of red flares and smoke bombs on the banks of the River Clyde in Glasgow.

There was a large police presence throughout the build-up to Saturday's final game of the season
    The Ibrox club's first title in a decade was wrapped up in early March when thousands of fans gathered outside Ibrox and in Glasgow city centre.

Supporters were also accused of breaking coronavirus rules in Belfast and in Corby - which is known as "little Scotland" - following Rangers' win.

Last May thousands of Liverpool fans flouted social distancing guidelines and gathered outside Anfield to celebrate the club's first Premier league title in 30 years.

And in November hundreds of Celtic supporters defied the level four restrictions and converged on Celtic Park to call for the removal of the club's then manager Neil Lennon.

3. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Let's hope they get "lucky" again eh? :emoticon-0112-wonde

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    jeffranger and ELLERS like this.
  4. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

Jabbed. A little ahead of schedule but no complaints here :emoticon-0100-smile

5. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Yes lets hope they do again. As said it is a sensible gamble.

Take it anyway you want Col...that is not denigrating the government over this, these are sensible gambles ...the "betting on which group of vaccines would work", was a calculated risk too, but they had to take it. No vaccines may have worked and the government would have lost a lot of money.. OR only the Pfizer had worked and we would have only had 20 million doses. But the government spreadbet, and they won. Well done them

Gamblers who win have a mixture of knowledge and luck....

I ask you the question though Col...should we do what Jeff said and just obey the government (this one or anyone) with out questioning

6. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Well Stan....both my husband and I were contacted him by phone, me by text...to tell me where and when to come and get my 2nd jab.
    So I think they tell you

sb_73 likes this.
  7. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Of course not.

qprbeth likes this.
  8. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I already have a date and place, was just wondering whether they would bring it forward, but now I read that it’s only in hotspots that they are squeezing the gap between jabs. At least that’s my reading of it.

9. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

If you book online they normally give you both 1st and 2nd jab dates, mine were 11 weeks apart and both pretty efficiently organised...

10. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

BobbyD likes this.

11. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Why is hugging such a big part of the Covid narrative now? Why can't the media control themselves just for a brief moment and stop feeding the hysteria?

SW Ranger, ELLERS, Hoop-Leif and 2 others like this.
  12. surreyhoop

surreyhoop Well-Known Member

To be fair, there is a colleague of mine who I used to ' hug ' alot before all this so I'm not going to argue

13. surreyhoop

surreyhoop Well-Known Member

14. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

So most people hospitalised with COVID due to the Indian variant were eligible for vaccination but decided that they didn’t want one.

Sounds like the normal workings of Darwinian natural selection to me.

rangercol and Frome-Ranger like this.
  15. Goldhawk-Road

Goldhawk-Road Well-Known Member

• Andrew Lloyd Webber - people who refuse vaccine are as bad as drink drivers
    Hard to argue against. I suffered James O'Blimey on the radio today. A lot of his listeners that rang in were ethnic minority refuseniks. Reasons for refusal given - vaccine comes from monkey blood, vaccine contains sat nav technology to trace movements, Covid doesn't exist and its all a conspiracy against BAME communities, don't like needles, I do yoga so can't get Covid...etc

16. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Goldie I feel sorry for you having to listen to that remoaning Muppet O'Brien. I never listen to his rubbish.
    As for the refuseniks... I have heard some weird reasons why some won't take the vaccine including the 'movement technology', they think the government are spying on them. <doh>...<yikes>

Goldhawk-Road likes this.
  17. Goldhawk-Road

It was amusing because mostly his listeners fawn over his anti govt line. But today, he was extolling the virtues of the vaccine and his listeners (some of them, anyway) were turning on him.

Of course, he blames the current spreading of the Indian variant on Brexit but that's to be expected

ELLERS likes this.
  18. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

It seems you have his show on without actually listening to what he says.

19. Goldhawk-Road

Where do you say I have I misquoted him?

20. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Of course, he blames the current spreading of the Indian variant on Brexit.