1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Feb 8, 2020.

1. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

I wonder what his plan B is?

2. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Carrie Boris wants to basically turn the UK into one massive **** off Amish community.

3. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Even if a plan 'b' exists which i highly doubt, you just know that this lot would act too late. Its still unprecedented to them!

4. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Found out what plan 'b' is
    FCNnqEBXoAQip0g.jpeg.jpg

5. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Covid in Scotland: Hundreds refused entry in vaccine passport 'chaos'
    Published
    1 day ago
    comments
    Comments
    please log in to view this image
    IMAGE SOURCE,PA MEDIA
    Image caption,Proof of vaccine status can be given using a smartphone app
    The first weekend of enforcement of Scotland's vaccine passport scheme was an "unmitigated disaster", according to a body representing night-time venues.

Venue staff refused entry to revellers without vaccine passports more than 550 times, and some staff were abused, the Scottish Hospitality Group said.

It said some venues decided to close early and footfall was down by up to 40%.

The Scottish government said the scheme was a "proportionate" health measure.

Ministers say it will encourage more people to get vaccinated against Covid-19 and ensure late-night venues can remain open during a "potentially very difficult" winter.

The vaccine certification scheme was introduced on 1 October but there was no enforcement during a 17-day "grace period" as venues adjusted to the new requirements.

The Scottish Hospitality Group, which opposes the scheme, said the first real test this weekend had been "one of unmitigated disaster".

"The Scottish Hospitality Group has been warning the government for weeks that their vaccine passports scheme is not ready - but the government's attitude has been to tell us to 'get on with it' whilst offering no safety net of support for businesses or our hard working staff," spokesperson Stephen Montgomery said.

"The experience of this weekend shows that the result has been intolerable levels of abuse of our staff, and the creation of an atmosphere that will totally undermine anyone's enjoyment of our night-time venues."

IMAGE SOURCE,GETTY IMAGES
    Image caption,People attending nightclubs and other large venues have to be able to show proof of two Covid jabs
    The group said there was a "concerning number" of reports of staff being abused over rejections and queues which led to a "charged atmosphere".

Some venues had decided to close at midnight, taking them outside the scope of the scheme, because of problems with staff recruitment and welfare, it said.

Mr Montgomery rejected a suggestion that the numbers being turned away was a sign the scheme was working properly in keeping unvaccinated people away from higher risk settings.

"Turning people away at the door - yes, I get the point to a degree - but all it's doing is sending them somewhere else, a dancefloor that has tables and chairs on it that does away with dancing," he told the BBC's Good Morning Scotland programme.

The Scottish Conservatives said the scheme was "unworkable and unreasonable" with no financial support for businesses or their staff.

The party's Covid recovery spokesperson Murdo Fraser said: "What is most concerning is the levels of abuse hospitality workers have been subjected to, caused by a lack of public engagement, and a frustrating and unreliable app."

'Difficult winter'
    The Scottish government insisted it was continuing to engage with the sector to discuss implementation of the scheme.

A spokesperson said: "Covid-19 certification is a proportionate way of encouraging people to get vaccinated, and also of helping large events and night-time hospitality to keep operating during what will potentially be a very difficult winter.

"This means many businesses will not have to close and can continue to trade whilst making necessary adjustments to ensure their premises are as safe as possible for staff and customers."

How does the vaccine passport scheme work?
    People who have had two vaccines in Scotland can download or get a paper copy of a certificate with a QR code.

Everyone over the age of 18 must now show - if asked - that they have had both doses of the vaccine before they are allowed entry to certain venues and events. These include:

• Nightclubs and "analogous venues"
    • Adult entertainment venues
    • Unseated indoor events with more than 500 people, even if some are seated
    • Unseated outdoor events with more than 4,000 people
    • Any event with more than 10,000 people in attendance
    The scheme requires venues to put in place a "reasonable system" to check the status of customers, with certain exemptions on medical grounds.

For large events such as football matches spot checks can be used, but for smaller gatherings more rigorous checking is required.

6. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

If our experience last night is anything to go by, most people in London have decided to ignore Covid now.
    Hardly any masks anywhere, including the train.
    The underground journey back to Ealing Broadway after the game was truly frightening.
    We were packed in like sardines, with no one, anywhere wearing a mask (other than me) on a stuffy, unventilated, packed tube train.
    I stood by the door, with my back to everyone, facing the perspex screen.
    I realise many people are jabbed, but a high proportion on that train were from the least jabbed demographic.

mapleranger and QPR Oslo like this.
  7. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

8. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

That’s bad for the Tube, masks are mandatory and compliance, though no where near total, has been pretty good last few times I’ve been on it. But if there is no enforcement it’s not a surprise that things are lax. Elsewhere mask wearing seems largely forgotten about. As you saw last night I don’t bother at the game (it’s always reassuring seeing that Beth doesn’t either), but do in shops, and if it’s crowded, on trains. But I’m pretty sure that if we are not all, or nearly all, wearing them the utility is very limited - they don’t protect us from getting infected, but should stop us spreading it is my understanding.

I imagine the much lower infection levels, hospitalisations and death in Europe are because they have retained some restrictions (still only 50% capacity allowed in Bundesliga) as well as catching up on the vaccinations. Political preferences aside, the messages have been pretty mixed for the last few weeks from our leaders, political and medical.

9. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Cases have plateaued up here at around 2-2500 cases a day, and mask wearing is still madatory in many settings, including public transport and shops - very rarely see anyone without one on in either setting. However, go to a gig or a club, masked up in the queue and then show your proof of vaccination at the door and it's masks off - a bit bizarre.

The Scottish health bods are getting very tetchy about COP26 and the 25,000 delegates and staff they are expecting from all around the world - many of whom will be unvaccinated. They are offering jabs on arrival to those who haven't had one. We've got a cruise liner docked about a mile from me where all the catering and minions are being housed (accomodation prices in the Greater Glasgow area and beyond have gone through the roof) - they are being bused to the COP venue daily, causing traffic mayhem for us, but it's obviously a breeding ground for an outbreak and the local authorities are worried.

Can't wait til it's all over and they get ta ****

10. rangercol

I understand the science that a mask is unlikely to protect the wearer, but I have seen some reports that they will help to a certain extent. Depends on the viral load you're exposed to I presume.
    There were repeated announcements that masks should be worn on the tube, but hardly anyone did.

sb_73 likes this.

11. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

There is very little mask wearing now from what I see. Saw Rag n Bone man at Bournemouth O2 Academy on Saturday and very few wearing masks; very little social awareness of (reasonable) distancing at any time. It’s all gone out of the window now it seems. I had just gone through 10-day isolation prior to the gig, so felt reasonably safe anyway, but it’s still uncomfortable when people push close by or are ‘in your close space/face’. Not sure anything can be done now. I prefer to use my mask where possible though, certainly in shops and anywhere I feel it is beneficial.

Hoop-Leif, Steelmonkey and rangercol like this.
  12. rangercol

It seemed much worse in London than out here in Oxfordshire.

13. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I wear a mask shopping and definitely on a train/tube (where I caught it from in August), but not outside,and I am doubly jabbed (3x in a weeks time) and had a dose of Covid too. So seen a lot of the virus

But in fact few people now wear masks...we are just now blase about 100 deaths a day..."as long as it is no one I know..who cares about it"

Do you remember when the numbers first went through 100 deaths

14. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Sounds totally coco loco. The world is full of selfish m*****f******.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  15. Stan Dupp

Stan Dupp Well-Known Member

The 'demographics' of the people that do not wear masks is very noticeable. Obviously i can't expand on this, but please look when next on the tube. Whether it's an ego thing or chip on shoulder/complacency thing, i am not sure. I had same experience going back to E/Bdwy on Tuesday night and i would say 1 in 10 people were wearing a mask.

16. rangercol

Much less than that on the tube I was on to Ealing Broadway.
    I saw no one else in our carriage wearing one apart from me.
    I definitely think it may be a bit of an ego thing for some.
    Didn't really see any one on the concourse at Loftus Road wearing one, which is sort of a cross between inside and outside, but very, very packed, especially when entering and leaving.

17. rangercol

I was a little surprised that none of you were wearing a mask at half time.
    Personal choice I realise.

18. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Just left loch lomond on my way down to Gatehouse of Fleet to stay at the Cally Palace. Mask wearing has been mandatory everywhere and being carried out quite responsibly from what ive witnessed.

QPR Oslo, SW Ranger and Steelmonkey like this.
  19. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

20. mapleranger

mapleranger Well-Known Member

Well, that certainly seems progressive. Wouldn't wish Covid on anyone (daughter-in-law, a nurse, caught the virus in late summer 2020 and still has some lasting effects) but if I did, twits like this would be at the top of my list