1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by brb, Feb 25, 2020.

?

Boris...

1. should completely lock us down immediately and fook up all our Christmas'

12.5%
  2. let the bodies stack high

54.2%
  3. lock us down from the 29th to fook up Treble's plans

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

It is an over simplification. We had low infection rates in the summer and they are higher now.

But I was 'out in the field' so to speak in the summer at markets and events as we had few restrictions down here. Folk coming down stayed in their bubbles, observed the rules, sanitised their hands, wore their masks and then went home to their holiday homes in their family bubbles. The restaurants and cafe's etc responded brilliantly with their covid secure measures and in the most, it was contained.

Add in a more contagious variant and a general sense of covid fatigue. The supermarkets are no longer making people queue to get in, have ditched one way systems and queuing for the tills, a bit more complacency and then basically ditching all the rules for Christmas. And although Boris said nobody should travel for xmas at the 11th hour, most people had made their plans and were going to **** that off regardless.

Huge amounts of household mixing down here at xmas with families who travelled here from all over the country has seen rates spike down here now.

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yeah easy bro.

Keep you and your old man safe. Vaccines will see the end of this and it will pass eventually.
    Folk just need to have some resolve and some self discipline.

3. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

but as i said those same summer behaviours at Christmas would have caused a spike but agree that supermarkets etc loosened their "behaviours" without any publicity i.e. keeping a count of people in store

4. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Not really. As I said in the summer folk came down in their bubbles, stayed in their holiday homes and then went home again.

At Christmas, the bubbles were broken as folk came down and mixed with several different households together with their families here in Cornwall. As well as resident Cornish families doing likewise here and also travelling off up country.

Add to that, a contagious variant and a general sense of complacency and it’s no wonder cases have spiked down here.

6. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

The interesting thing there is, it appears there is some sort of obligation on newspapers not to promote “miss-leading and inaccurate information”. ****, who knew?

7. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

They’re shills. Brewer is mates with Banks and Wigmore and works for S*n radio. Their collective aim is to get businesses up and running and get the plebs back in the office and none of this working from home shizzle. As their paymasters are taking a bath. So they’ve been peddling COVID misinformation for months and months, they’ve now rebranded themselves as sceptics, merely offering alternative scientific arguments. Which basically means they’ll peddle any old ****e from discredited quacks or these stat manipulators who cherry pick snippets and create their own made up reworking models to produce misleading bullshit.

Toby deleted all of his old tweets to try and hide his embarrassment. Only the Internet doesn’t forget and they’ve been archived by numerous people. Oops. He also made up some bullshit about having an app that deletes tweets older than a week, another lie, as demonstrated by checking the lazy nonces actual timeline.

8. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Well yeah I know that. It was a rhetorical question.

Edit- wasn’t even a question. I still knew. Honest.

9. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

**** you then.

PINKIE and Bwood_Ranger like this.
  10. Libby

Libby 9-0

Shops starting to do the queue outside thing again by the looks of it.

brb likes this.

11. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Yup ... but went into local Waitrose yesterday and the chilled shelves were literally stacked with loads and loads of yellow reduced stickers ... so footfall must be well down ... never seen the like before ... we invested in an additional freezer during first lockdown so took advantage with loads of stuff yesterday ... bargains galore

12. Libby

Libby 9-0

Seemed odd that they stopped it tbh, seemed to be when masks became mandatory.

13. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Because it’s about land appraisal. Sticking a load of affordable rent on a site will inevitably lead to a loss for both the developer and the client. That’s why you get a mix of Affordable, Shared Ownership and Private, and plus the fact that it isn’t going to be a load of council tenants exclusively moving in helps not to upset the locals when in planning.

A-graded H/A’s operate (or should do) on decent profits, last I was updated I think they were running a £1bn budget surplus or profit, therefore self sustainable or not requiring government funding, or requiring decreased levels of funding pro-rata on increased orders.

A smart developer will buy land, appraise and plan, then offer to multiple H/A, that way they circumvent public contract competition.

Either way, private sales are propping up the deficit on affordable rent developments.

14. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

My sister and brother in law, both have it now. No idea how they are doing, are we are still not speaking.

So who's gonna get the jab first on here?

15. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Fosse will be first in line.

16. brb

brb CR250

Isn't Duggie the oldest on here, expect he will get it first. Isn't it over 80's then over 70's.

Sorry if you're not Duggie, but I thought I saw you mention your age one time.

17. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

think you are correct.

brb likes this.
  18. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Depends on what you mean by "on here", the thread or the site?

19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Thought @bigsmithy9 was our most senior resident ?

20. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Anyone over 75 will beat me to it. I’m in with the 70-74 due to health. Feel 85 at min

Commachio likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.