1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by brb, Feb 25, 2020.

?

Boris...

1. should completely lock us down immediately and fook up all our Christmas'

12.5%
  2. let the bodies stack high

54.2%
  3. lock us down from the 29th to fook up Treble's plans

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blonogasoven

blonogasoven Well-Known Member

The Trade agreement was a drop in the ocean - £1bn.
    42 people have died within 28 days of a positive test for the Delta variant. That's 42 too many but 1500 people die every day from other illnesses that don't make the headlines.
    Would those people have died of another variant anyway.
    There are headlines then there are the actual facts. I prefer the facts

2. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

The trade agreement was to be a much needed Brexit figleaf imo, and him visiting Modi in India was obvs a key part of the pantomime. The time line in that video is fact, what part of it are you taking issue with?

As for the deaths from the variant and the relative risk, that’s irrelevant to the point as to why the Indian variant is now accounting for 90% of new infections in the U.K. and the reason that’s occurred, which is why he’s felt the need to cancel the 21st, as he clearly stated himself yesterday.

3. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Entirely up to you and not really relevant to my intention to not have my kids vaccinated against Covid tbph.

4. blonogasoven

blonogasoven Well-Known Member

I don't know what the motive behind cancelling the 21st was but it certainly wasn't deaths or hospital admissions. Cases are an irrelevance now because of the vaccine snd the mortality rate for the Indian variant is lower (due to more of the vulnerable people having been vaccinated) than the Alpha.
    I'm not a conspiracy theorist but the extension makes no sense. He may be pandering to the terrified msm watchers. I don't know.
    The video tries to make an irrelevant point was what I was saying. The India variant was already here so how many less would have died - 10?
    Why doesn't he do a video about all the people suffering with illnesses that lockdown affects?

5. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

6. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

i love this, Locked down too late, locked down too long, should have stopped incoming from India, don't dare stop incoming from Portugal i have booked my holiday <laugh>

The man at the top is always wrong to some **** <ok>

Peej, brb and duggie2000 like this.
  7. brb

brb CR250

When the final date comes in July, what happens then, will every single restriction be lifted. Will freedom of movement be restored. Can we travel as long has we follow the rules of the country we are going to. I thought some of this stuff was under parliament until September, what freedoms will still be witheld - or will covid marshalls suddenly be made redundant. I think during the digital age which covid has boosted, we are becoming more and more like something out of a George Orwell book. I don't agree with a lot of Abers crackpot theories, but what I do believe is we have sleeped walked, in to an age where your identity is controlled centrally by the government and the financial sector. Is that a good thing, you can fooking bet it's not. From pay by card, to proof of vaccination, through to little Hitlers in Manchester that want to stop you smoking outside. Every rule leads to another, everytime you just accept them.

Kaito, BobbyD, Quesadaad and 4 others like this.
  8. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

I think you can see the direction that the Internet is going.......many people banned from speaking in countries that claim free speech......Mass data gathering.....no alls fine <laugh>

9. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Mainly fear mongering dickheads who spread lies to get their monetized clicks, it's ok when their conspiracies are that the moon is a spaceship containing lizardmen, or is a hologram (which of these David Icke 'truths' do you believe btw? He has claimed both are true at different times). It's when their retarded bullshit ends up in brain dead morons burning things down that their voice is, quite rightly, silenced.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  10. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

TBF very little of this has affected me, i go to work every day and visit sites all around the North West (and twice Oxford in the last 12 months) everywhere i go mask wearing is minimal (mostly in small offices) and the offer of a brew is a very consistent thing (happily)
    In the first 3 months of the "great plague" i was actually refused use of a toilet (twice) and use of a persons pen (5 times), since then everything has gone back to normal. I have had very little contact with my kids though because they have baby's of their own now and i have told them i am probably the most dangerous person they know since they all work from home :grin:
    I don't do foreign travel but if i wanted to then i would just follow the rules at that time, if i want to do something then i will always do as required or **** it off.

My biggest worry for this country is the obsession with "Credit Score", this is being pushed at us all the time and in particular younger adults.
    It seems to aim at boosting their confidence to borrow more and more money to get what they want and i can see a really bad outcome for some in the not too distant future.

Lovearsenalcock and brb like this.

11. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I think the traffic light system for travel to other nations will continue, I’ve not seen anything to suggest it won’t, could be wrong like.

Everything else will end, social distancing, masks, restrictions of numbers at events, nightclubs reopening etc.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    brb likes this.
  12. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

He told you himself what the reason was, the delta or Indian variant, what individual views are on the decision to extend the deadline wasn’t the point of my post.

He kept travel fully open between India and the U.K. for far longer than he did for its neighbours who’s transmission rates of the Indian variant were far less, as a direct result of the delay we’ve ended up with thousands of infected people arriving here and spreading it, hence the spike and hence his decision yesterday.

We’re not in lockdown btw, and the argument around non COVID patients being harmed by lockdown, ignores the fact that without the lockdowns there’d have been far higher case numbers, more hospitalisations, and even less ability for the NHS to be working on COVID patients. The idea that no lockdowns = more non COVID NHS treatments is a complete fallacy.

Peej likes this.
  13. aberdude

So we shall shut down all churches mosques synagogues......or do they get entitlements other non believer's don't.

Don't give me this bullshit jealousy and use it to try and silence someone who you don't agree with

14. aberdude

Welcome to capitalism

15. aberdude

16. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

No great surprise that the North West are still at the top of the league when it comes to infection rates if this is the attitude.
    <applause> Bravo, the rest of the UK salutes you <doh>

17. Libby

Libby 9-0

I don't think social distancing and masks will fully end for quite some time to be honest. At least not officially.

18. aberdude

Parliament......g7.......that's them adhering and all yeah

19. aberdude

Was wondering why the Queen who sat alone and masked at her husbands funeral......didn't do the same when meeting political leaders where she has no mask and kept zero distancing.

I'm a bugger for bloopers on thy telebox

Treble likes this.
  20. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

doesn’t make sense that. The nations most vulnerable don’t need care staff vaccinated. Same as hospital workers. There is a 99% survival rate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.