1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by brb, Feb 25, 2020.

?

Boris...

1. should completely lock us down immediately and fook up all our Christmas'

12.5%
  2. let the bodies stack high

54.2%
  3. lock us down from the 29th to fook up Treble's plans

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

These are contingencies that we’ve put in place for a pandemic.

We were told a few months ago that we didn’t have enough room for one child in our hospitals and his mum posted pics of him online, lying on the floor in a hospital.

We evidently need to provide a better service, my question was to ascertain what other nations who are better prepared than us, look like. Seems Germany lead the way, through proactive measures, not just more beds, is that assumption correct?

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  2. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Think we're bad, try the frogs <yikes>

Saf and afcftw like this.
  3. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

The NHS carried out a pandemic flu exercise 4 years ago, it was called operation Cygnus. It highlighted the lack of ventilation within the NHS and that the service would likely be overwhelmed. The then Health Secretary - Hunt, did **** all with the report and it’s been buried.

In terms of what other nations have done better, 2 things stand out, firstly testing, as per the WHO advice, those nations who’ve done the best job have carried out mass testing, isolated virus carriers, traced their contacts, tested them as well and then controlled the spread. We have a company here, who’ve sold over £18m worth of testing kits and the U.K. has only bought £1m of them.....

Secondly PPE, we had 2 months notice and the preparation should have seen a massive Govt lead exercise to ensure we had what was needed at the point the virus started to hit. It didn’t happen.

Jammy 07 and Tel (they/them) like this.
  4. brb

brb CR250

I agree and I also agree with Stan's comment that you quoted about being sensible about it. The concern I have is you will have two groups of people, we shall exclude those in big houses, with big gardens for the following scenario;

Those two groups are;

1) People who follow the government guidlines, they may also have MH and physical problems.
    2) People that also follow government guidelines as a whole but will go to the park. They may also have MH and physical problems.

However, you have a grey area in those two groups;

I) The first group could feel, well if the second group are allowed to go to park, why shouldn't I?
    2) Some people on here have openly admitted to walking 3-6 miles in a round trip from their home as well has those we have identified that use the park.

**So the first group could rightly feel, if those people can use the park, that means I can to, because my circumstances are the same as theirs. They could also argue, I can go and see my family who live with in the same distances that are being walked, as long has when I get there, I don't go in the house and keep two metres apart.

**From what i've seen the government rules do not cover that last scenario, it's a stay at home message. Which could create a problem if everyone decides to be sensible, because who will manage the influx of people on a warm Easter weekend, that we have coming up. Because as soon has everyone wants to play the sensible scenario, the parks and/or other places will become overcrowded, like every bank holiday weekend.

I've tried to explain best I can, where I'm coming from <ok>

5. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Gove now in self isolation ... some reports saying it's because a family member has symptoms ... other reports stating it's because he is an odious little **** and ii just being generally avoided by people <whistle>

6. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Some UCL research has come out basically saying imperial got their modelling wrong and that school closures have a minimal effect and should have phased re-opening.

Seems to be backed by a professor at KCL and Nottingham as well.

It’s gotta be **** having to make decisions on this stuff when the information you’re presented with by experts is constantly changing and being disputed.

Archers Road and BobbyD like this.
  7. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

We've done the long walks... but I wouldn't do the parks. It's about ensuring isolation ... and if we were not lucky enough to live where we now do, we'd be staying in. <ok>

brb likes this.
  8. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Re-opening schools would endanger those with underlying health problems with school age kids.

My missus has had her letter and it basically advises her to isolate herself from me and the girls within our house. I should have had a letter but haven't. One of my team had a lung removed from lung cancer and is on a phased work return ... she hasn't yet had her letter despite recently having seen her consultant and being told that she would be at very high risk should she contract the virus. Such, inconsistencies re the letters don't help.

My missus is worried that they will soon lift the travel bans and that my return to work could mean be bringing it back home even if I have mild symptoms ... for her it could be fatal. Similarly, our youngest going back to a school of 2000 could mean the same.

9. brb

brb CR250

But you can see the varied conflicts of thoughts, in say, what you do, along with the scenarios I've raised, and with Archers points. All valid points but it creates conflicting messages, because it's not a one size fits all. Example, what's to stop me from going to see my grandchild, as long has we keep 2 metres once I got there. But if I did that, and got stopped by the police, I would probably be advised to go back home and follow government guidance. Yet we've seen people sitting in the park as couples etc. We all have reasons why we feel we should be out and can still keep social distancing.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  10. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

We've stayed in since Friday when the missus got her letter. It has unnerved her. Hoping to start the walks again but not gonna risk coming into contact with anyone. Just not worth it.

brb and Munson. like this.

11. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

I wasn’t having an opinion either way on the schools, just highlighting that different research teams from top universities are coming to different conclusions on modelling and best strategy. Which must make it incredibly difficult if you’re a decision maker in government and attempting to follow the facts!

In terms of your letter, they said from the start there would be people who should get a letter that wouldn’t. I believe it’s done via GP records and some treatment provided directly through hospitals for example wouldn’t have come up in the initial data grab for sending letters.

If you call 111 or your GP and eventually get through they will advise you what to do and will most likely provide you a letter if it’s required for work etc...

12. Dr Van Helsing

Dr Van Helsing Well-Known Member

All the experts are up and running again on here I see! why don't you all volunteer to take over as PM and sort the world out? I know it's a step down from your role as god on here, but why waste your expertise in seemingly all areas of the world.

BillyBobBallbag and aberdude like this.
  13. Dr Van Helsing

i go for walks ... far different to sitting in parks

14. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

My GP has been providing my post bypass 5 different type of tablet prescriptions since 2017 <laugh> ... in fairness, I don't need their letter ... got a daily reminder that runs from my throat down over my sternum <whistle>

15. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

... and you dig Roy, you dig? <laugh>

brb and Munson. like this.
  16. brb

brb CR250

Which is exactly my thoughts, its just not worth it. And Matt Hancock (yeah I know) made it very clear in a TV broadcast that it was an 'instruction' to stay at home, or near home for the five things; shopping, medical, seeing vulnerable ppl, work, exercise.

17. Dr Van Helsing

no shovel till wed/thurs gone through 2 on this project... i can dig for 6 7 hrs a day...

18. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Don't tempt fate Roy ... bit insensitive <whistle>

19. brb

brb CR250

Haven't you got a tree you could be attacking with a chainsaw! Oh btw, don't worry about it falling on your house, we have every confidence in you <whistle>

Munson. likes this.
  20. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

dig dig dig 3.gif

Munson. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.