Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Ron, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Could prove difficult

2. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

<laugh>

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I am a leading Epidemiologist and I write articles for a German magazine.
    https://www.not606.com/threads/coronavirus.382413/page-56#post-13689438

It is, in fact, a lie

4. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

5. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

Covid 19 is the worst thing to hit the UK since the ill-judged Election campaign that was Corbyn 19

6. CaptainPops

CaptainPops Well-Known Member

I noticed you made no comment to the converted hospital built in less than 2 weeks with 4000 bed capacity. It will become the largest hospital in the world of all beds are used. A pretty Herculean effort.

Any comments to make on that other than repeating the negatives?

7. mallafets123

mallafets123 Well-Known Member

It should have been 4300 he will say.

CaptainPops likes this.
  8. Grecian Mick

Grecian Mick Well-Known Member

There's a programme on tonight at 20.00 on Discovery (Mighty Ships) all about USNS Comfort, may well be worth a watch.

OddDog likes this.
  9. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Really, since you clearly circulate in the upper echelons of government, do name those advisors. I already know the first name on your list – you will have to post quick before Steveo gets on.

The ones I can think of off the top of my head are the Chief Medical Officer for England, Professor Chris Whitty, the epidemiologist Professor Neil Ferguson of Imperial College and the Government Chief Scientific Adviser Sir Patrick Vallance.

Basically your problem is that Boris did not consult John Ashworth, the Shadow Secretary of State for Health, because the Labour Party are a total irrelevance.

I see that Kevin Maguire from the Mirror wants a snap General Election as soon as this is over so that the as yet unknown new leader can stand on a platform of spending trillions on the NHS. Maguire did a huge amount of research, speaking to three MPs. What a tool.

Oh, let this thing spread around the world and then cover up how bad it was here...

Yet again, you are only interested in political capital. That useless loser Corbyn would have been thrown out of Downing Street by now and buried on his cabbage patch.

Bullsh*t. Do give me an example of a country that does not have a ‘mothballed economy’. Venezuela? Cuba?

10. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

200,000 would be a bad result for Steveo as he would need Londoners to start turning up their toes double time after his previous boast that the death toll here would be the worst in the world.

11. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Either you have very little taxation on airline tickets or you earn a bundle. I went to the USA in February and £350 of the £720 airfare was taxes. There are plenty of people in the UK that do not earn enough a week to pay the taxes.

Rubbish. I cannot believe that people keep posting this tripe. Go and look up the pandemics from modern history. They are few and far between. Too much sensationalising and hyperbole in the media.

Yes it can. SARS started from Chinese people eating bats and civet cats from a wet market in Guangdong, spreading the disease from animals to humans. It is increasingly looking like the Chinese covered up sister disease Covid-19, allowing foreigners and Chinese people to catch it and carry it around the world.

12. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

This did not emerge from nature. It was spread from the animal kingdom to the human species by stupid Chinese people eating creatures that David Attenborough should be filming. Is there any chance of FACTS getting into this debate?

No it is not. The phenomenon was not “thrown up by nature”. The bats and the civet cats carry it and people do not just catch it – they ate the bloody things and it jumped across the species boundary. Do they eat bats and civet cats in Australia? If they sell them here in Asda and Tesco, they must be sold out.

13. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

That epidemiologist is making no sense. Social distancing will cut the infection rate in half, so that is some positive effect in terms of slowing the exponential growth of infection.

If everybody that is carrying it stays at home and spreads it to no-one, they will either overcome it or it will kill them: either way it stops.

Since there is no known antidote for the sister virus SARS, why is anyone stupid enough to believe that they are going to come up with one in several months when they have not found one for SARS in fifteen years?

I will repeat for the umpteenth time, there is no conclusive evidence to prove that those who have had Coronavirus become immune to it. Infect everyone then you will get the death toll in the millions that some seem to crave for political reasons.

14. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

<laugh> “save the economy” <laugh>

The economy is screwed but you are too blind to see it. The government is going to give millions to loads of zombie businesses that should just be allowed to go bust.

When this thing is over, you can expect taxes to go up to start paying back all the money that the Chancellor just printed to pay for everything and you can expect at least another ten years of austerity because there will be no money to pay for any extra public services until the debt is paid down.

You will be front of the queue to complain and say that what the country really needs is full blown Marxism – if everyone lives in poverty, nobody has anything to complain about.

15. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Every time that BBC News posts the latest figures on Twitter, it now attracts a large number of respondents asking the same question: how many died FROM Covid-19 and how many died WITH Covid-19?

These statistics are meaningless rubbish. Why does the BBC not try putting a positive spin on it by reporting the number of people that have recovered?

If somebody with terminal Stage 4 cancer contracts Covid-19 and dies, it is automatically reported as a Covid-19 death.
    If somebody with a broken arm contracts Covid-19 and dies, it would be more reasonable to assume that Covid-19 killed them until such a time as a post mortem ascertained that the broken arm was septic and they died from that.

16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If there was a global decision to print **** loads of money to do whatever was necessary to beat this virus and prevent an economic crisis, such that all currencies devalued to the same extent, would it not leave all currency exchange rates unchanged and trade continues as before and taxes don't have to be increased to repay all the costs incurred?

Asking for a friend, as they say

17. Dancingbraveforever

Dancingbraveforever Well-Known Member

The 200,000 was in reference to Trump and America.

rudebwoy likes this.
  18. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Going back to this report it would seem that in the US there are around 4m cases of flu sickness per month in the flu season, resulting in about 36,000 hospitalisations and 2,000 deaths per month. We are now just seeing the rates for Coronavirus (Covid-19). I would be interested to see if the flu rates have rapidly deteriorated or whether the Covid-19 figures are on top of the 4m, 36,000 and 2,000 figures for the flu. Also the corresponding figures for the UK would be interesting

Does anyone have these figures available?

19. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

upload_2020-3-31_22-2-47.png

upload_2020-3-31_22-4-18.png

"The true size of the UK's coronavirus outbreak remains a mystery because of the controversial policy to only test patients in hospital.

Only 22,000 cases have been officially diagnosed - but scientists have suggested the true toll could be in the millions."

I gather some deaths outside hospitals are now counted

20. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

Saw on the news about Sheffield being one of worst cities outside London. I'm back to work Thursday after my 14 day isolation and will be working in Sheffield, its where I'm based now.