1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by astro, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

He says when he left , child care was not an option . Then when he came back ( approx. 2 weeks later ) , it was available ?

A Govmnt Advisor can't get Child care , then he can ….

What Changed ?

2. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

stay home ring uber eats , deliveroo , just eat if he can't get a minion to shop for him .
    simples really

3. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

He should have followed the Govt guidelines and stayed at home. His entire family should have isolated for 14 days. That’s literally it.

The excuse that they needed to cover off childcare was completely invalid, as at the time he drove to Durham, he didn’t have symptoms, so even if his wife was poorly (though seemingly well enough to travel for 5 hours) there was no safeguarding issue regarding the child.

The pair of them are millionaires, and he forms part of the Govt machinery. is therefore a key worker, and would have also had the resources of the State behind him should it have been necessary. Only it never became necessary at any point.

* Record Points Total likes this.
  4. Solid_Air 2

Even if you take his statement at face value he didn't need child care he just worried he might as at no point were both parents incapacitated .

Edit : for the 14th time - ffs must learn too type quicker <laugh>

* Record Points Total and Tobes like this.
  5. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

And as I have said previously , the one with the Symptoms MUST self isolate within that Property !

As in , in a room on their own !

Tobes and * Record Points Total like this.
  6. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

It's utter dogshit, innit? The most galling thing is using the (autistic?) kid as the centre point of the bogus alibi. The more it unravels, the more you see the scene behind doors this weekend: 'Well what have they actually got that they can prove, Dom?'. "Well yeah, I was seen at Barnard Castle, and they have evidence for that, but they've got nothing for the second trip unless they get access to phone records and street and motorway CCTV. And **** knows, we won't let that happen as we'll say it's too minor an offence technically to go to those depths'.

Number 1 Jasper likes this.
  7. Prince Knut

Dr Sarah Jarvis has just been on R2 AGAIN reading verbatim from the government regulations saying just that, and stating once more that the worst thing you could do for a child if you are worried about them is to expose them to a super dose of COVID contained within a car with both parents who have the virus for six/seven hours. Instead, stay home and open the windows, and only IF and when both parents become incapacitated, (which they were nowhere near being, especially if his missus was up to that drive) THEN, and only then, arrange childcare by getting someone to come to YOU tom pick up the child.

But he knew this, ffs - a government advisor who drew up the rules, and it didn't once cross his mind to check with all the medical professionals he drew those regs up with? He went up on a ****ing jaunt and eventually it will come out. In this day and age someone somewhere will have it on CCTV of on their dashcam or something. I just hope the Mirror and The Guardian are waiting until Boris, Gove and the plethora of doublespeak talking heads trying to defend him on Sky and the BBC have gone so far into the woods to back Scummings that when the zinger comes out they'll have no way of coming back out.

Number 1 Jasper likes this.
  8. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

This shower have overseen a complete mismanagement of this crisis from the off, their failure to react early enough has literally cost many thousands of lives.

Yet despite circa 60,000 U.K. deaths, they’ve ended up in a position where they’re sending out senior cabinet members to tour TV and radio studios trying to sell the idea that a 60 mile car jaunt was an appropriate eye test. This is where we’ve ended up ffs.

They’re lying.
    We know they’re lying.
    They know, we know they’re lying.
    They don’t care.

Treble, THE FOOL, Solid_Air 2 and 3 others like this.
  9. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

If he was truly worried that he and his wife would be so incapacitated as to not be able to care for their child, which let's face it, although it didn't, could have happened, then for me the obvious thing to have done was get someone who was willing to come to you. You don't go anywhere. The option of just all self isolating doesn't work if your child is too young to be able to cope should both parents be seriously incapacitated. My view would have been to see if they were coping with their level of illness before making any decision on what was in the child's best interests. They didn't do that, they panicked. If in their opinion the child needed to be moved out of the house then it should have been two healthy people taking him to safety, not two sick ones. I hope none of this comes back on the child.

10. lfcpower

lfcpower Well-Known Member

Well, he could always have rung up either his closest mate Boris, or any of the high level government contacts he has but somehow decided not to bother telling, probably because it was highly likely they'd be unable to sort anything out for him given how none of them have any sort of pull or influence over anything

11. Prince Knut

Treble, lfcpower and Tobes like this.
  12. lfcpower

It's pretty disgusting and immoral the way it's all been dealt with, Cummings was the rasberry sauce and sprinkles on top of their fast melting 99

13. Prince Knut

Having heard Goveadder now saying that he too has driven in a car to test his eyesight, I can only hope that as Boris and the other Brexiteers in government, in the media and online keep on digging furiously to defend an unelected government who is not accountable to the British people (get the ****ing irony of that), they will soon be in New Zealand and they'll see a proper prime minister.

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  14. Solid_Air 2

one of my favourite bits of his "explanation" was they drove to Barnard Castle and had decided he was fit to drive to London but on arrival had felt sick hence they left the car to sit near the river .
    So obviously he was perfectly fine to drive if 15 miles makes you sick .

By the way his wife has previously stated in her Spectator column that she drives but considering the veracity of her "Coronavirus" article i would take that with a bag of salt .
    Honestly think i'm more pissed off by the fact they think we are so stupid to buy this crock of **** .

15. Prince Knut

I've posted the article on the 'other' Coronavirus article on the Prem board, if you want to lower yourself down from the champions elect board to read it. As I said there, the amazing thing about it it is that not once does she mention '**** me, it got so bad we went to Durham'. That and the fact, considering what Sarah Jarvis said as well, at no stage in her account were both of them simultaneously too sick to look after the child.

Total crock of **** that doesn't bear scrutiny. Luckily for Bojo, he's not in the HOC this Wednesday for his weekly rag-dolling by Starmer. He most be hoping by next Wednesday that some sort of natural disaster will occur to get him out of the week later. Jeez, I hope he put Pritti Vacant up against him...

lfcpower and Solid_Air 2 like this.
  16. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

He tried covering that off yesterday, by saying that she didn’t mention it (and neither did he in the article he wrote) because he didn’t want his parents home to become a target like his was.

During lockdown.

17. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

They should just be honest about Cummins, Kinnock, and the other MP's who have broken the rules and admit "we are all equal, but some are more equal than others".

18. lfcpower

True, it's not just Cummins who's been playing happy covid families, the other side have been at it too ... all equally repugnant

He is the highest profile one though, so should expect to be getting it hardest

19. Prince Knut

Yeah, even Andrew Neil (of The Spectator himself) dismissed this as nonsense, dryly pointing out the same as yourself. I can see Boris hiding in a fridge again before he lets Starmer get at him the Wednesday after next, or just wait for a record number of 'As I understand it' responses to ever be recorded in Hansard.

20. Prince Knut

Kinnock posted a picture on Twitter of himself with his parents: I'm not defending him, he was wrong - but he didn't try to hide it nor go to these absurd lengths to deny he'd done anything wrong.

Treble likes this.