1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Sep 22, 2020.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

probably most of the 581 per million?

2. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I was not exhalting the merits of herd immunity and (I actually said mentality to be factual professor) I was merely pointing out one part about it, full stop end of conversation.

3. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

I've downloaded the App.

4. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Which one?
    When I search I get 2 choices
    NHS Covid-19 or just NHS

5. RedorDead

Found it, it is the NHS Covid 19 one

6. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Got the app too.

I understand the herd immunity comments but it's impossible to say at this stage that it's actually a good thing. Firstly there's no guarantee that having it once does actually provide immunity, and secondly, a load of those who get covid and survive it are displaying dodgy hearts and lungs and the like.

Don't really want it personally even if it will give me immunity to be honest!

7. RedorDead

Good luck getting into the 8% chance of getting the antibodies then mate.

8. BCFCRob

But that's my point, even if it turns out I do have the antibodies, it might mean my heart is fooked. Would prefer to wait for a vaccine I think.

RedorDead likes this.
  9. RedorDead

Sweden I heard who done herd community are on the upwards curve now. Dr Hilary told me this morning on Lorraine. I’m going to miss her when I’m told to go back to the office. I would do rude things with her.

BCFCRob likes this.
  10. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Rob,
    I'm old so be gentle.
    Isn't the App a bit like wearing a mask.

It helps others.

11. RedorDead

I think it relies on others to be honest. If I input that I’ve been tested positive then anyone that I’ve been near get an alert to say about me. But if certain members of my family get tested positive you’ve no chance because they are dimlows and think they can carry on without a care in the world. I was embarrassed to read what I did this morning on the family WhatsApp group chat. I felt sorry for sensible people knowing my family are out there walking amongst them.

12. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Judging by what my wife and I witnessed today, far too many kids do not give a sh1t. More than likely following their parents lead.

13. BCFCRob

I went to a local shop in Hengrove today, 8 people in there of all ages and only 1 of them wearing a mask as well as me! I made a point of counting as there were so few wearing them.

14. johngalleyfan2

Which ever way you wish to address it didn't have a positive effect, SD OR NOT ….

After a bit of a runaround managed it ...said there had been 500k downloads …. only another 30,500,000 to go!

15. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

16. johngalleyfan2

no one really wants it!
    Apparently the younger sufferers are getting the dodgy organs after effect [ younger than 50's ?] most of the old uns just pop their clogs …

it means you are out of the circle for 14 days so basically should you have caught it/ are then carrying it, but not infected, you don't pass it on. Not looked into how it actually works, but believe it only gives a warning should the infected has logged in!

17. RedorDead

18. johngalleyfan2

I commented after the bank holiday with all the last gasp don't care a s*i* 's packing the beach's etc we would get 5,000 it is exceeding that ……. our Thursday group made up our minds it was going tits up over 2 weeks ago and have started solo walks and exploration trips underground ...2 walks this week TUESDAY long route to Crooks peak and tonight short one nearby … past 4 weeks have stocked up on bramble berries... 3kg blackberries 1kg hazel nuts a load, walnuts a large carrier bag, pears,[ wild ones] 3 kg, Damsons 2kgs, sloes could fill a wheelbarrow or 2 but not bothered...… nibbled a few mushrooms and parasols 4"& 5" yum yum … have 200 apples picked [garden] and frozen down 5 kgs tomatoes [garden] for chutney, might put some hazel nuts and walnuts in chutney this year …. after thought chuck in a load of damsons as well!!!

19. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I see that Zlatan Ibrahimovic today tested positive for covid after a negative test yesterday.

20. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

And for all of Asda's bluster about employing 'Marshalls' on the doors of their supermarkets to enforce people to wear a mask, this is apparently still some weeks away.
    Went to my local Asda in Whitchurch when they opened at 07.00 and it was much busier than normal. Big gaps appearing in dried pasta and loo roll stocks again as morons are obviously panic buying such things.
    Asda have also reintroduced their crowd barriers outside and inside of the store to herd people like cattle, and prevent them crossing the foyer once inside.
    Also went to Tesco at Bris early this morning and a lot of their offers on multi buys have been taken down overnight, so they will be coining it in again like they did when lockdown was first introduced. Lack of loo rolls there as well.