1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

What is racist about saying :

The reason this virus spiking again is down to Asians not adhering to restrictions and low take up of vaccine.
    If the above is wrong I need someone to explain otherwise.
    And now on the BBC we have a British Asian woman saying it's wrong of the media to call it the Indian variant because its inciting violence against their community.
    I do not condone violence of any kind, however if there's any violence it's not because of the media calling it the Indian variant. It's far more likely because Asians have brought it on themselves by playing fast and loose with rules the rest of us have been adhering.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  2. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

it is looking bad for JUNE 21 .. a near 6000 today [ Friday ] Tuesday figures will be more accurate ..

Bristol has quite a few....

PEOPLE are not taking the " please be careful, you have some extra freedom, but keep up the keep safe attributes" to heart … sports people are probably the most "sheltered" daily ..tri daily tested and quite a few are getting infected!

I only have contact with 12 people outside my immediate family . 2 groups of 6 with 2 days between and 95% outside spacing 1m to 2m all have now had 2 jabs …. 5 including me on NHS on trials lists …..……
    the "rule " is supposed to let 30? go as groups in about 3 weeks.... I would drop that idea until JULY AT EARLIEST...
    THE EXPOTENTIALLY high growth of cases could by 21st June be over 12,000 daily?

3. realred1952

we are in a weekend period where reporting cases lags behind for about 2 days but already the totals are on 20th circa 11000 daily.
    interesting figures surround the latest reasoning behind hospital cases / death's / total "actual" proved positive cases. Extending the reasoning the percentage's are quite alarming who is involved... over 94% are unvaccinated, 5.9% have had 1 jab others are probably from the category that make up the 12% who do not get full immunity! or have a weak immune system due to other circumstance.
    certain ethnic backgrounds for whatever reason are and have been more susceptible .. add to this unwillingness to be jabbed and their path is heading for their maker!

latest row is travel … Scots advised not to go to NW England … [lake district] seems a bit of a suicide trip should you not be fully vaccinated... and have children

so far no cases at euro's?
    Some of the crowds have been quite dense and bearing in mind that most of the non uk stadium countries only have a 15 % or less double vaccinated population and most of the crowds are sub 60 years old [ responsible for the % ] we must await what the future holds!

If Boris is to be believed … the July date is the stable doors being flung open ...wait for captain hindsight to pounce on this one … and devil take the hindmost.... or the unjabbed, or the " I am invincible brigade" …..

it is stated that the mask protects others moreso, not yourself! stops you breathing out germs, but it must surely fiter out some of the baddies in the air!!!!

4. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

upload_2021-6-25_13-52-9.png
    Hancock announces the governments latest Covid safety logo……

5. realred1952

in a way sad turn of events... there were no official cameras in the room!!! time will unfold the reprocussions!

6. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

It underlines what ****ers the government are.
    Cummings, Boris, Hancock, Carrie - ffs what an absolute shower - and embarrassingly they tell US what to do and how to behave.

raver likes this.
  7. realred1952

OK so gloves are coming off... as well as masks and shackles …. and a calculated risk is about to take place ………….humanity v the virus!

sir dithering hindsight adopts his jimmy opposite stance and says it is all wrong, we should all stay locked up [ that's after in the past few weeks dithering about it wrong to stop places opening or having a plan! ]

it was far worse than I predicted on the 5th June CURRENT FIGURES are in the 10's of 000's and likely to get worse! BUT the calculated risk is even with 100,000 cases hospital admissions are likely to be manageable and UNFORTUNATELY deaths will still be attributed to Covid [ although the health aspect may have caused the death in any case ]

2 jabs [ 1 jab ] still get it may cause a day or so in bed to get your breath back [ worst cases hospital ] … death very unlikely!
    NO JABS.... for years and years I have lived in fear of the needle! In my hobbies and pursuits never feared death … although a prospect, because I and compatriots always did everything to keep safe and avoid unnecessary risks! However.. a miniscule little unseen by the naked eye virus will kill you.... [ as an aside as I type this 2 of my cctv cams are picking up 40 or 50 moth's .. blimey 2 mins and all gone! except 3 that have come in my open window bigger than a 10p and bluey grey ] …. and I was ringing up for a cancellation.
    grand daughter said not having one .." I've had covid so immune" ...gulp .. son in law has had covid but wont have jab ..he is on the endangered list! I say to anyone who hasn't or wont good luck, the population needs thinning!

I hope all on here maintain a sensible attitude toward living with a potential killer … my wife retired from the nursing home a fair few months after due to, wanted to see it through [ care and light at end of tunnel for residents ] they all appreciated her stance and care in helping keep them safe hygiene etc ... and that is main aspect, WASH HANDS etc don't take risks !

passing shot … went into my local shop today to get some milk .. bloke in front said no need for a mask mate [ only 1 of 5 in shop including staff wearing one ] … my reply was WELL I on my way home, got a text, my mate has been rushed to hospital as he tested positive and couldn't breathe he was alright on Saturday in the pub, ... and I need some milk as might be laid up for a week as got a cough tight chest feel hot runny nose and …………………….. funny how 2 women suddenly put on masks and social distanced about 4 or 5m!!!! .. he didn't reply … bought his fags and bar of chocolate.. didn't even give me a second glance ….

8. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Should people only wear masks when they feel under threat such as you listed john then they are fools. I would like to remind all the people over there who will ditch everything when the country opens up that you can't see IT (covid). How on earth a leader can say that the cases are predicted to rise after restrictions are lifted and be happy with those figures beggars belief.

The bigger idiots are the ones who refused to get the jab and are more than prepared to spread their possible contamination throughout the land without any kickback. Shame on you all and your reasons. <steam>

9. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

By having the jab, doesn't stop you from spreading it..

10. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

.......And.

11. realred1952

We are beginning to understand this is the new "flu" which kills x number every winter and we have to live with it. with millions jabbed against flu in winter of 2019/20 cases were average … 20/21 flu was smothered by covid!
    COVID will most likely get a booster for each winter in the coming decade, maybe mixed with the common flu strain?? The .gov is having to open things up, the natural survival of the species is being able to adapt [ anti body production] kept isolated it will not happen. I have anti bodies but they are "dormant" for many types of things. OCCASSIONALLY the body is called on to produce an anti body in its library it may have used 20 years or more ago even maybe 50 or more??? It does not stop you being ill …. being ill is the body produces anti bodies over a matter of days not hours …. illness doesn't start instantly, you don't suddenly get ill halfway through a meal and get rushed to hospital and told " the fork they gave you with your starter was contaminated with virus XXXXX! and in 20 minutes you fall foul of it. At point zero you get infected, the infection begins to escalate.. the body starts the process of anti body production upon detection and the battle commences.....

by putting us all in the firing line with the defences behind us [ hospitals /antibodies, the body can adapt and produce or maintain appropriate anti bodies. Covid has a core presentation, it divides or changes from time to time in isolation the body has 1 antibody strain … versus the core 2 jabs worth! … exposure to modifications allows the body to modify, and yes we can likely look forward to a few days in bed or off colour whilst our body its thing, or for the weaker or un jabbed hospital even the final sacrifice...………….

12. realred1952

Absolutely correct, it does not stop you from getting it either. What it does do is give you [ the body ] a base to fight from. It is a gamble to believe that because you have had it you are immune [ even 2 jabs may not give you immunity ] it is a bigger gamble with your own life, and maybe that of others to not have jabs and believe you will survive … your body [ others not jabbed as well ] may not respond quick enough to the core Covid VIRUS of the strain you get infected with and hospitalization even death may be the result.

in the past 6 month's I wonder how many peeps [ been jabbed ] have felt under the weather for a day / a few days thought summer cold or something else! Maybe it was actually the body revising its anti body strategy, I had a dry cough and shortage of breath for a couple of days ,almost 24 hours of almost in bed …. had I picked up a new strain or just the strain and fought it off!! WIFE tested regularly 4 times a week as job in care home … and my "way of life" was SD sanitizer bubbles of friends and minimum contact with outside my bubble … did shopping monthly wiped it all etc ….
    I have no pity for those that for whatever reason do not comply with any or most safeguards….. and wish them in the next world, and hope their families soon get over the grief of having lost them ………….

13. oneforthebristolcity

No and, just fact.

14. realred1952

?? no = what/why
    Fact = either way you can get it!

15. oneforthebristolcity

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  16. realred1952

the panel that decide which vaccination is meeting now and they have 2 strains of flu ..[ not uncommon ] they need to decide which one … usually by September
    the body is going to be very busy over the next couple of years … survival of the fittest and sensible!

17. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

It is a plague that will have repercussions way beyond what most of the public believe and international travel will also take a long time to return to any kind of normalcy. A disaster like this had to happen and world health needs to take a long hard look at itself before this will end and although vaccines provide a lot of the solutions I think unless more doubters get the jab the potential for variant mutations to grow in to superbugs awaits us unless we take collective affirmative action across the globe. I noticed that the flu problem was virtually non-existent this last winter in Canada so I don't know what the boffins are doing regarding the upcoming flu season mainly because Covid has become the most prominent health issue.

Although we as individuals are focused on our own back yard it still concerns me about the possibility of Africa, South America and Asia becoming the main source of new variants and as we know they are not that great at either taking steps to address the issue or reporting the true numbers of cases. Sending any vaccines to these potential hot-spots is all very well and good but history tells us that corruption is rife in most of these areas and the question needs to be asked as to whether the vaccines will end up in the wrong hands and not get to the source.

The WHO needs to get on the ball soon because so many countries are starting to dictate that they will not allow entry to people who have received certain vaccines which will severely impact the travel industry even further than right now. We all need to be on the same page otherwise things as we knew them will disappear in to oblivion forever and a day.

AshtonRed likes this.
  18. realred1952

right at the beginning I said and acquaintance in north west Brazil said towns and villages [ where he lived ] said the number of peeps having it and dying were more than double the 2 or 3 times or more than the gov published figures and that was about 2 months in... not heard from him for over 18 months last contact about june 2020 his village of about 2000 were 50% infected [ no ventilator ]and death rate was over 150 souls. the nearest town "news was" over 1000 dead and 000's infected .. that was 2 -3 months in.... almost the figures the gov was publishing!

19. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

20. oneforthebristolcity

BCFCRob likes this.