1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Could Argyle still stay up?

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by devonFRATTONiser, Mar 20, 2011.

1. devonFRATTONiser

devonFRATTONiser Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

With all the trials and tribulation at Home Park, could a siege mentality amongst the players help drag Argyle to their target position of 20th?

With 8 games left Plymouth are just 6 points adrift of safety, with sixpointers against Walsall and Dag & Red still to come.

So Can Argyle hang on to their League One status?

Good Luck Green Army!

2. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

I think you are still in with a chance, It would be sad for you to go down as you are a good little club

3. devonFRATTONiser

devonFRATTONiser Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I wouldn't really say little Hoadie. Plymouth is a fair sized city - I think I'm right in saying it's the biggest city in England that has never had a football team in the top flight. Being on the Devon/Cornwall border, and there being no Cornish teams in the football League, they have a massive catchment area and a ground that would certainly grace the Champioinship. Considering their geographical position their away support is such as to put some other clubs to shame.

With the right management team and (that old chestnut) money they could be a regular top half Championship side, flirting with the play-off places and, given a bit of luck, attaining the Premier League dream.

That dream is a long way off of course, with survival being the first hurdle!

4. HOADIE_BOI

No I dont mean they are little just saying they are a good club, just a phaise I use sometimes

5. The Baron Von Habbs

The Baron Von Habbs New Member

I really would like to see plym stay up (even though that would put the yeo in a worse position) because thats were im living at the mo and its always been one of the biggest teams in the south west...
    but with yeo, dag and tranmere's games in hand and more points i think the bottom 4 will be the ones going down this year

6. HOADIE_BOI

I personally still think they can stay up because it is very open down there this season because last season the bottom 2 were rock bottom like 10 points off 22nd or 21st so it is open to excape this season
    Look at Dag and Red they are trying to get out and away

7. greenjock

greenjock Member

Saturdays results couldn't have been any worse. As well as us not winning, just about all the clubs we were aiming for went and won. Its not over yet but if some of the other clubs near the bottom get results while we're not playing, then the gap could demoralise our already rock bottom squad. I'm usually the most positive of people but I really think we need other teams to be doing us favours every week now as well as needing to win 6 games out of 8 and thats promotion form!

8. sambaldockrules

sambaldockrules New Member

I hope you stay up at it would be a shame to see you go down.

sambaldockrules

9. JWP is the goal king

JWP is the goal king Active Member