1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Could leeds have tried more against man city ?

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by sniffer1, Dec 16, 2021.

1. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

I was impressed with the way leeds played in the Chelsea match so to my mind bielsa knows what he is doing , but I think on the back of leeds players minds they thought the fa are going to charge us with misconduct in the Chelsea game and we had about 5 players on their final yellow card so I think that's why leeds held off against city so to me it was thevplayers that did not put enough in , but I think we could of done more against city but from 5mins onward it was an up hill battle , we need to beat arsenal and if by some miracle we can get a draw at liverpool I would settle for that , what's your thoughts on it and the future games coming up ? Also the penalty given at Chelsea at the end should not gave been given as you could see the Chelsea player laughing on the floor at how he had conned the referee, so not a penalty sorry.

2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Bielsa himself today said Leeds against Chelsea was the best his team had played and were unlucky not to get anything. Same team against City and it was the worst performance in 4 years. As for the yellow card situation its a tough ask to go to December 28th without getting another card, so dont think that affected it. Maybe Pep was right when he said a reduced Leeds team fought their hearts out against Chelsea and were very unlucky, and maybe today they were tired and still recovering after only a couple of days from last match? He then went on to say his team can now relax until Sunday

sniffer1 likes this.