1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coventry V Swindon

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by notDistantGreen, Jan 12, 2015.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Channel hopping as you do when your female supervisors aren't watching, I saw a few bits of this game last night.

So what, you say.

Firstly, the football was atrocious. I appreciate Coventry are well down League 1 but Swindon are at the top. If that's all that's on offer, we don't have much to fear should we get promoted.

Secondly, and in defence of both teams, the conditions were very poor: driving rain and a pock marked pitch. Coventry are back at the Ricoh which, during their absence, has been occupied by the Wasps rugby union side; in fact Wasps own 50% of it. Ground sharing with Plymouth Albion? Not for me if it means Argyle have to play on a midden like the one at the Ricoh.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Didn't Coventry sell off their asset originally because they were in the brown stuff financially and then rent it back? I knew the Rugby side owned the ground or so I thought with Coventry leasing it back for games on a share basis but don't think the Football boys own any of the ground now let alone the other half. With Albion looking like the next Westcountry basket case financially I can't see us sharing anything anytime soon. With our state of the art if cheap pitch I think playing Rugger on it might not be a good idea anyway.

I don't watch much in the way of football outside of going to Argyle matches but I have to say what little I've seen from all of the divisions above us hasn't exactly been great. Whilst I like my match day thing and still have a healthy interest in football I do find that too much of it has a boring affect these days and my excitement levels are not what they used to be. I find the premier league generally tedious with little that is new at any time and the lesser leagues not quite the standard I remember. Much better to stick to the live games without a thousand replays and camera angles which gives us something to argue about and moan if necessary.