1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

COVID 19 and vaccines

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Vincemac, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

I had an argument with a bloke at the checkout the other week because he wasn't distancing. He brushed my arm when I was standing at the end of the checkout waiting for the woman in front to pay and leave. He was putting his shopping on the conveyor behind mine instead of waiting until I had gone to the other end. Then when I went to pay he was standing next to the PDQ. I had words with him and he turned round to the woman behind him who was now putting her shopping on the conveyor and said something about me being grumpy! I just called him a dickhead should of smacked him really.

Guy Incognito likes this.
  2. Evil Jimmy Krankie

Evil Jimmy Krankie Well-Known Member

I can’t be held responsible for your ****ty year. I generalised. So what? I have a thought on one of the reasons why this pandemic is still hanging around. I also said I can’t back it up with any form of data and it was based on what I see and read. So I was quite open about it. Do I have to cite medical journals when I give an opinion so it satisfies you?

3. Dancingstripes

Dancingstripes Well-Known Member

I understand the need for precautions, but think the rules have gone too far and don’t appear to be working.

We’ve had this virus for a year now, and are in a worse position than when we started, I.e increasing deaths and more in hospital.

Instead of encouraging people to get healthier, we encourage them to sit indoors with their only outlet being an unhealthy takeaway, or a trip to the supermarket for yet more food, fags and booze.

The virus kills mainly the overweight and unhealthy adults, where has been the encouragement to get fitter to fight this virus?

The virus isn’t killing most of these people, it’s the endless years of abuse to their body that’s killed them, the virus is just adds to the danger that they are already in.

Hands face space? Hasn’t helped the 1000s dying every day. Let’s address the issues that lead to the virus getting the better of their bodies.

A ban on smoking? A ban on drinking? A ban on junk food?

Let’s try something like that, then see which generation slip up on the rules.

sandancer12 likes this.
  4. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

If you can find a medical journal that suggests your generation were the last to care and mine and others don't, you need to get yourself a job in one of these crackpot propaganda factories that are popping up all over the internet.

5. Evil Jimmy Krankie

Look at my reply on page 1 to Sebs right peg mate.

6. Disco down under

It's still not right.

The younger generations are constantly labelled snowflakes, greenies, and all the rest of it for caring about social and environmental issues.

Now it's flipped and they just don't care?

Every single generation has its dickheads. Every generation has causes they fight for.

No one generation is better than another, that's just golden age thinking. We are all just a product of the generation that that came before us, and the world they left behind.

Nordic, rowley and TopClub like this.
  7. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

my brother 67 had his last week(no side effects up till now) my other brother 65 gets his Weds we live together and don't party etc but like a drink, i will get a jab as well but will still wear the mask, i don't let anyone near me without a mask on, and sanitise everywhere as well.

Fentonpell and farnboromackem like this.
  8. Evil Jimmy Krankie

I have a son who is 20 years old. I don’t think that he or his mates are snowflakes. I also think that every generation has its idiots. I also agree with your premise that every generation is built from the previous one. If it helps I agree in principle with Extinction Rebellion and what they want to achieve although not necessarily with the methods they use. Would things have been different if this had happened when I was younger? I’d like to think it would have been but I don’t honestly know.

9. Disco down under

Afraid to say it would likely have been worse given you wouldn't have had the contemporary understanding of epidemiology.

Our respective generations are lucky to have access to the information we have now.

There won't be another aids epidemic for that reason.

These lockdowns have severely hindered this virus in a way that probably wasn't possible during Spanish Flu and definitely not during the plague.

People are good and bad. It's the science, and the communication of the science, that changes.

rowley likes this.
  10. Evil Jimmy Krankie

It’s not all about science and understanding it. I have the greatest of respect for science and scientists. But the internet has shown us that there are people out there who are given a huge platform to give us their version of a science they know nothing about. Just look at the anti vaxxers who are a prime example of this. I just think that previous generations were more likely to follow the rules than they are today.

Nordic and The Norton Cat like this.

11. Disco down under

I can't argue that trust isn't becoming more and more rare towards politicians and the institution.

You're spot on there.

There's not too many Churchill's about any more.

12. Evil Jimmy Krankie

At last. We agree!! :emoticon-0150-hands

Disco down under likes this.
  13. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Well I have managed to book my vaccine, next week for the 1st, May for the 2nd.

I feel relieved, silly isn't it.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  14. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Me and the wife we try to look after ourselves as much as we can
    Diet little exercise { walking ]
    We have never lead a lazy slop ridden life
    Yes we drink infact very little over the years but yes we do drink
    For over 50 years we have had many holidays abroad sometime 5 per year
    This is difficult for the diet
    However we try to do our best
    She has never smoked and I smoked a little but I’ve never inhaled [ no excuse ]
    We are now 69/68 years old
    We live in a very nice private estate with like people
    Drive new cars every 2 years all our lives
    Worked hard and budgeted well
    Now my point
    Not just since she’s had COVID but overall
    People government authority are just looking for easy targets
    We are constantly approached to be used as an easy target
    The latest
    Tested COVID positive on Friday
    She has had 3 callers from different people making sure she knows the rules and must isolate
    The one this morning was do you know the rules you find if you disobey
    She’s ****ing in bed man
    Yes people have there jobs to do
    Go and do it then find the COVID breakers and bring them to justice
    Rant over

15. Evil Jimmy Krankie

Vince, I get that you’re pissed off about it all. Do you get personal visits by the authorities in the UK to make sure that you’re complying with the quarantine?

16. Vincemac

No and if I do I’ll tell him to go and look for the COVID breakers and leave us alone

Guy Incognito and Sunderpitt like this.
  17. Evil Jimmy Krankie

So why are you pissed off that they’re calling up. Serious question here. How could they do it any differently? I understand that you and Mrs Vince are doing everything right, but in all honesty they’re not just going to take your word for it. Others will lie to them all the time. They can’t tell the difference over the phone probably hence numerous calls. It’s not perfect by any means by the sound of it but it’s better than not checking at all isn’t it?
    I know it’s very different where I live but we have dedicated police COVID teams that do personal visits to everyone who is self-isolating and they checked virtually every day. You’d be more pissed off with that wouldn’t you?

Guy Incognito, Saf and Sunderpitt like this.
  18. Vincemac

I would like them to check on everyone self isolating but there not they only pick on certain people
    Many I’ve know have had the COVID and also been abroad they have not had a single phone call or visit
    If they need this to work they have to contact every one it’s effecting but they don’t
    That’s my point they don’t contact everyone
    Only certain people numerous times and warnings if the don’t comply
    THEY SHOULD CONTACT EVERYONE INVOLVED
    I’ve been told to self isolate because I’ve been in contact

19. Vincemac

I think they should concentrate on the COVID breakers
    Not the people adhering to the rules

20. Draig

Draig Well-Known Member

You are forgetting something - my parents generation (born in 1920's and 1930's) were the last who grew up without antibiotics, when TB was rife and were parents during the polio epidemics of the 1950's.

They knew all they needed to know of modern epidemiology - you caught infections from people and people died from infection.

They knew all about the basics of epidemiology in that people with TB got sent away to a sanatorium, whilst infections like scarlet fever and german measles got you sent into an isolation hospital.

They knew about infection control measures but in many cases society itself made things worse. Things like courts consisting of multiple 2 or 3 room dwellings based around shared outside toilets and communal wash houses. Lack of hot water meaning many people went to a public bath house.