1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

COVID 19 and vaccines

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Vincemac, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Dancingstripes

Dancingstripes Well-Known Member

It depends what you mean by an arsehole pill?

Somebody who insults people for asking a question?

That pill sure comes naturally for you <laugh>

2. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

A stupid question perhaps?

3. Dancingstripes

A reasonable one.

So far we have given up 12 months of our lives. Sacrificed seeing family, and lived by only existence in some ways.

We have been lied to constantly by the government, and then blamed when things get worse.

We’ve had near enough everything in life taken away.

How long do you think you can live like this for?

Another year, 5 years, 10?

4. Draig

Draig Well-Known Member

The rule is you can only make a trip if your journey is necessary. You can drive to work, to the shops for essential food, you can drive for medical appointments. You can drive to give care to a vulnerable person or elderly relative.

You can also drive for a wedding, funeral or church service and for visiting on compassionate grounds - eg sick elderly, someone with mental ill health or special needs.

If you are disabled then you can drive to a local exercise area! Anything else and you will get fined. I've even seen of people getting fined for using electric scooters during their exercise!

Prince Charles' trip will be covered by the compassionate visit to an elderly, sick relative.

Evil Jimmy Krankie likes this.
  5. Draig

Draig Well-Known Member

I am really struggling now. Another three months should see us out of lockdown and back to near normality. At least that is what I hope, because I think that is about as much as I can take!

arthur and Dancingstripes like this.
  6. Deletion Requested1

Maybe just maybe the vacine may make a diference but young people - and I can understand this want to be out and about and shagging (sorry dads) but this is a situation that is serious so we all have to pull together and look after the most vunerable in our societies

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  7. Dancingstripes

I understand the need to protect the vulnerable. But the vulnerable should be the only people in lockdown in this country, apart from people with the disease.

Peoples lives and businesses are collapsing all around them.

8. Deletion Requested1

You obviously have a better handle on how this disease spreads than the experts so I will bow down to expertise

9. Ozzymac

Ozzymac Well-Known Member

From my interpretaion of your post it appears that you are saying the the vulnerable need protecting by means of locking them down but no one else. If i've misunderstood then i apologise.

Firstly the vulnerable have probably suffered more than most. Those in nursing homes probably haven't had any close contact with their loved ones for over a year. What sort of effect do you think that may be having not only on their lives, but those that can't see them and no how much they must be hurting? Do their lives not matter?

What about the health professionals around the world who are dealing with this on a daily basis? Is there any consideration for them in your thought process?

I don't give a **** about mixed messages from any of the worldwide governments personally. The advice has been their from day 1 around the entire world, stay the **** at home unless it's essential. Sadly, some have chosen to ignore this advice and the virus has not only spread but mutated as well. Until people start to take responsibility for their own actions this virus will never go away.

10. Dancingstripes

1000s of people die every day following the experts advice.

11. Millfield Maestro 1879

Millfield Maestro 1879 Well-Known Member

Without mitigation the expected deaths were 500,000. Fair to say that would mean a hell of a lot more deaths per day than what we are having so thank you to all the people that have been following the rules, you have all saved lives

12. Dancingstripes

The vulnerable do matter, that’s why they need to shield, to protect from the virus.

The virus is dangerous to only a small percentage of people. Why should the rest of us lose our jobs, our businesses, our homes, our mental health?

Nearly 200,000 people die of cancer each year, expect that number to rise considerably, I know of people personally who have missed diagnoses and treatment because of being scared to go into hospital.

With airlines, travel industry, theatres, football clubs, cinemas, retail, restaurants, bars, gyms, a never ending list of industries about to go bust. Expect a recession like you’ve never seen, and suffering for people around this country.

The current advice has clearly failed. 1000s die every day wearing their masks and ‘keeping their distance’.

It’s clear who dies from this disease, shield them, help them, but keep the country operating.

13. Dancingstripes

People are still dying every day. Who’s to say we won’t get to 500,000?

14. Ozzymac

The "current advice has clearly failed" as you put it has failed where the "rules" and social distancing advice have been ignored.

Look at the list of countries who are still struggling 12 months later. Italy and France are exceptions as it hit there first.

Sure, governments have made mistakes however, people disobeying the rules and guidlines have magnified the problem. The 2 worst affected countries at the moment are the USA and the UK, why do you think this is? I'd hazard a guess as to they are the 2 countries where people have flouted/ignored the advice issued.

Whilst the virus is "only dangerous to a small group of people" (to use your words) the effects are felt by many. Can you imagine how scary it would be to be not only dying, but dying alone? Imagine the mental anguish that causes loved ones, kids, grandkids, husbands, wives etc. who can't bethere to comfort them or say goodbye.

The strain on the health service is unmeasurable as they are saving lives through ventilation and other methods. Imagine if a family member was hit by a car by someon who was breaking the lockdown rules. That family member is rushed to hospital but dies in the back of the ambulance because all the ICU beds are taken up as a result of the virus, magnified of course because in this instance people are the spreaders.

Have a look at the big picture, nearly every person in the world has been affected by this virus in one way shape or form.

Simply put, if people had done the right thing from day 1 it would not be as catastrophic as it is now. I'm fairly certain many businessed went broke during the plague and spanish flu, why, because the clientele were dying.

The Norton Cat likes this.
  15. Millfield Maestro 1879

The 500,000 was expected in the first year. Considering we can expect covid to be around for years maybe we will still get to that eventually but you still have to expect with absence of mitigation there would be alot more than what there is.

16. Dancingstripes

So why not shield who needs to be shielded?

The virus attacks the unhealthy, shield them.

This isn’t even close to the plague, so can’t be compared.

The biggest damage from this disease will be after it’s gone. Then you’ll see the real effect, if you can see past your face mask.

17. Dancingstripes

500,000 was the figure given by who?

18. Millfield Maestro 1879

Scientists, epidemiologists

19. Ozzymac

Hey, why not make the virus a non event. Why don't we just put down the vulnerable then it won't matter how many people have it.

Oh, that's right, it has mutated at least 4 times that we're aware of. **** it, lets just put down all those that don't own a business.

Oh, can see the problem with that. The businesses would close as they had no customers.

Ooh, lets just put down the business owners. Then it wouldn't matter if they went bust. Hmm, problem being where would we get things.

Here's an idea. How about people actually follow the advice and stay the **** at home to give our health experts a fighting chance of beating this thing. Actually it would never catch on because Billy down the road is having a poker night and i can't miss it.

please log in to view this image

20. Dancingstripes

Let’s just hope you don’t work for a business that goes bust.

Judging by your responses, I suspect not.