1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

COVID 19 and vaccines

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Vincemac, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Evil Jimmy Krankie

Evil Jimmy Krankie Well-Known Member

Now just hang on a minute here young fella me laddo. We’ll have none of this reasonable type talk on here. I’ve got a pitchfork sharpened and I’m not going to let it go to waste you know.
    I suspect you do/have. Odd that both Ozzy and I live in a country where we did what we were asked to do and hence our COVID infection rate stayed low.

2. Ozzymac

Ozzymac Well-Known Member

Actually i run my own business. Fortunately whilst things have been a little more difficult i'm fortunate enough to be living in a country where the vast majority of people have followed the advice and at present we appear to have the virus under control.

Lets hope that you or anyone close to you doesn't lose a loved one. I have so can look at it from both sides of the argument, judging by your responses you haven't yet and i hope that you're fortunate enough that you never do.

The day we put an economic value on human life then society as we know it is ****ed.

kirkyboy, Fentonpell, Nordic and 3 others like this.
  3. Dancingstripes

Dancingstripes Well-Known Member

Ok so your advising from a completely different, safe position?

4. Dancingstripes

What do you believe the uk citizens have done to break the rules?

5. Ozzymac

No, i'm making observations from a place that has managed it well. Key to that success is following the rules.

I have kids and grandkids in the US that i worry about every day because of the way some ****wits carry on. I've lost an uncle in the UK and nearly lost an Aunt. My mam has lost her brother, My cousin has lost her dad. I personally know about 10 people that have died from this disease so i think i have a right to an opinion regardless of where i currently live.

Pull your ****ing head in mate because you're coming across like a complete ****er.

6. Dancingstripes

So from your observations that your making from the other side of the world, what makes you think we are not following the rules in the UK?

And insulting me doesn’t make me a ****er. It doesn’t look great on you though <doh>

7. Evil Jimmy Krankie

I can only quote the BBC news website which I read on a daily basis, but if that is any indication then it’s fairly obvious.
    Anyway, you’re intent on proving a point. Go ahead and do it.
    It’s a crying shame what is happening in Europe at the moment with COVID and both Ozzy and I are very aware that for a multitude of reasons we have it good over here.

8. Ozzymac

Hmm, let me think....

The number of news items that are broadcast with people flouting lockdown rules is probably a good place to start.

Actually, lets turn this around a little.

Do you believe that the UK population is adhering to the rules as well as they could be? Why do you believe that the disease is more prevelant in the UK as compared to Australia (lets add Japan and Singapore to that as well to quash the population density argument).

What could the UK be doing differently to improve the situation and why isn't it being done?

I'm sure that both EJK and myself look forward to your answers

9. Dancingstripes

So your observation from the other side of the world is based on our media and newspapers?

The same media and newspapers that have lied and thrived on people’s misery throughout this pandemic? Posting misleading stories and totally getting off on this period of disaster.

That is what your evidence is based on?

Yes I believe we are adhering to the rules. We’ve been in complete lockdown for 7-8 months out of the last 12. What rules are there left to flout? A few isolated student house parties don’t cause a pandemic I’m afraid.

We the people have suffered and sacrificed the most through this, we’ve abandoned everything we knew and most things we love in life. The government have made mistake after mistake, yet we are the ones to blame.

Your ‘observations’ to blame the UK public are insulting. Your as bad as the vile newspapers you read.

10. Ozzymac

So would you care to answer any of the questions posed to you?

And for what it's worth it's not just the newspapers that i form my opinion from. 90% of my family live in the UK so i actually get a bit of information first hand.

Tell me, have you lost anyone to COVID?

11. Dancingstripes

What could we as people have done better? Very very little.

We are guided and controlled by the government.

Schools remained open when it was clear the children were taking it home to their parents.

We are asked to carry on working through the lockdown. I mix closely every day with around 40 people at work, despite being asked not to do so outside of work. People have caught and spread COVID at my workplace because of this.

There is no emphasis from the government to encourage the public to get healthier, despite the virus clearly killing the overweight, heavy smokers and drinkers.

Why haven’t fast food, cigarettes and alcohol been banned for this period of time? Why keep supplying people with stuff that will make them more vulnerable to this virus?

Why were big social events still getting the green light from the government when it was clear the virus was about to badly strike us?

Why were protests from organisations like BLM allowed to take place right in the middle of the pandemic?

We are paying mostly for the governments never ending mistakes, whilst shouldering the blame from the government driven rotten media and outsiders like yourself.

We’ve had everything stripped from us, we cannot even see our parents or children in some cases.

As to your other question, it’s a private one that I don’t feel obliged to answer on a public forum. But yes Covid has been in my family.

12. one gary owers

one gary owers Well-Known Member

No your politicians shut the boarders ours did not

13. Evil Jimmy Krankie

I’m honestly not going to say that the UK has had awesome leadership from Boris and his mates, because I know it hasn’t. So maybe that is something that we can agree on.

Snaggey likes this.
  14. Evil Jimmy Krankie

Exactly right. The borders were shut virtually straight away and we went into a lockdown until it was under control. Like I’ve said previously though, no government had a template for this. Some have handled it better than others. As proud as I am to come from Sunderland and be English I’m certainly not complaining about living over here and maybe I shouldn’t be as critical as I have been in hindsight.
    I’m just looking forward to the day that the WHO say it’s no longer a pandemic.

Snaggey likes this.
  15. Snaggey

Snaggey Well-Known Member

It might have helped if certain members of the UK government had followed their own advice and guidelines.
    Then being held to account for not doing so.

kirkyboy and Evil Jimmy Krankie like this.
  16. one gary owers

But we are being told it's our fault
    It is not they took us out of lockdown and told us eat out to help out
    Guess what happened 6 weeks later
    Business runs our government
    They won't get back in for a while come the election

17. Snaggey

Snaggey Well-Known Member

Thats easy for you's though mate, Australia is an island.
    We in the UK though....oh, hang on.....

18. one gary owers

Read again what you have said

WTF are you on about you want to take all our values away that are going on about

shakes head wait Siege Hiel (or however you spell it )

19. Evil Jimmy Krankie

Yep a ****ing big one with a comparatively small and spread out population.

Snaggey likes this.
  20. Dancingstripes

sorry?