1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Covid 19 restrictions have done one

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by dennisboothstash, Oct 29, 2020.

1. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

This is a load of bollocks and it needs to be shown up as such, 203M tests have been done, average of over 1m per day. There is no system that would possibly cope with that level of demand. The number are huge and when it comes down to making personal contact, using test and trace, the multiples are just staggering.

The headlines will read as a failure, well for me its a great success. It might not be 100%, but in today's world, I can live with that.

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  2. highpeak tiger

highpeak tiger Well-Known Member

I know several people who have tests at home but haven't got around to taking them.

3. Der Alte

Der Alte Well-Known Member

I agree that the unhindered spread of a disease can soon outstrip even an effective test track and trace system. However, the purpose of test track and trace is to limit, and ideally prevent, the spread of a communicable disease. Given that we are now into the second wave since the creation of the new version of t.t. and t. and have seen over 15,000 new cases in the last 24 hours, with a 46 per cent increase in new variant cases since last week this particular arm of the pandemic response has definitely been ineffective and is some way off being a great success. It may be that the case that since the very earliest days of the pandemic the numbers have never dropped to the level where the system stands a chance of working properly but my personal view is that there have been many inept and expensive organisational failures along the way.

4. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

I know one of the people within Hull KR that has recently tested positive. They’ve used lateral flow all week and all came back negative. Went for a PCR Wednesday morning and it came back positive.

Lateral Flow not reliably picking up this delta variant it seems.

Ric Glasgow and Ron Burguvdy like this.
  5. Ron Burguvdy

Ron Burguvdy Well-Known Member

Updated..
    Screenshot_20210625_180954.jpg

6. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Hancock has to go. Major mistake by Boris supporting him.
    Caught something on TalkRadio about a couple of highly effective, cheap treatment drugs being used really successful elsewhere. Didn't catch the full story, but there was a very irate journalist reporting on it, saying something about the government deliberately keeping it out of public knowledge (along with the test event data and stuff).
    I'm generally supportive of Boris and the government, but it feels like we are reaching a tipping point where a) they are losing the plot, and b) the public have had enough of them.

Ric Glasgow and Newlandcasual2 like this.
  7. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

This company were awarded the gig without any proper procurement processes in place, it was just a job for the boys. They had no track record of doing anything similar which would suggest they were capable. If they can't cope with those numbers, then at the very least make sure positive tests are managed. I believe I read the average person with the disease would normally give it to three other people. That's assuming they know they have it and act accordingly. If they believed they had been tested and were safe, then they would have acted very differently That figure of 100,000 suddenly grows very quickly.
    I don't agree it is anywhere near good enough.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  8. Newlandcasual2

Newlandcasual2 Well-Known Member

That would be Ivermectin and also Budesonide even the staid Dr Campell who Dmd has mentioned on here before has being talking about Ivermectin frequently of late.
    In a nutshell it works taken as a prophylactic or when someone is ill, as to what extent depends on on the dosage regime and what it's taken along side etc, estimated effectiveness is usually from about 70 to 85 %. Late to the game Oxford University are doing a study on this.

The scandal of all this is that it has being known since last Summer Ivermectin works, numerous videos of various doctors in tears on social media asking why Ivermectin cannot be given to patients en masse, now the catch is the vaccines by law could not of being given temporary licensees if something else was already available therefor the use of Ivermectin as being suppressed, this has effectively cost tens of thousands of lives in the UK alone that could of being saved since last summer, both scandalous and in my opinion criminal.

Don't forget Vallance, Whitty and Tam are all ex GlaxoSmithKline big wigs with Vallance as well as Hancock having shares in the vaccines, has that influenced there decisions, you would hope not ?

https://www.pmlive.com/pharma_news/...tic_drug_ivermectin_in_covid-19_trial_1372052

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
    Gone For A Walk likes this.
  9. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I don’t agree
    Vaccine programme very effective
    Test & Trace much less so.
    The headline figures are just that, headlines, good and bad.
    Bottom line is it should be an integrated effective system, from testing, app tracking, tracing people, contacting them and close contacts, keeping track of people coming into the country, effectively convincing the public to take part, keeping track of people isolating, providing data to local public health teams etc etc.
    In my opinion, and I do have some background knowledge, it could have been much much better.
    It’s also interesting that by the time they’d announced they were going to look for someone to do it for them…they’d already awarded the contract to Serco.
    Ultimately they’ve had to outsource some of it back to local organisations, because they haven’t achieved what is needed nationally, which is where that element (contacting people) should have been managed in the first place so rather than simply ring people up a few times then give up, the variety of local agencies who already deal with people could have been contacting them through many other routes as well.
    On a linked topic (although this is simply my personal experience so not providing this as evidence) I’ve had the Covid app on my phone since day one and have always had the tracker turned on. I’ve worked alongside lots of people, been shopping, eaten out etc etc, in fact have dealt with thousands very closely at a vaccination centre, and have religiously logged in to venues with it (which by the way then lists you as at that venue until midnight unless you log in somewhere else because the app which is part of the system isn’t integrated and well enough thought through…it doesn’t even link to the NHS one with your test results) …and it hasn’t pinged once to say that I’ve been near someone who has later tested positive and I’ve never been contacted because I was shown as in a venue at the same time as someone who tested positive. I find it hard the believe the app really works <confused>

spesupersydera likes this.
  10. Ron Burguvdy

But the 'cabal' knows your every move...

dennisboothstash likes this.

11. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

This isn’t true, just fact check it.

12. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

13. Asterix

Asterix Well-Known Member

I agree. The future priority must be for the State to implement the ultimate track and trace system. One that will make big is brother watching you being rendered as useless as a neighbour peeking through the curtains. It may upset one or two libertarians, but hey, at least the protesters will be identifiable from the facial recognition technology.

Yea, right.

From day one, and I do not think is being political, the opposition parties will have high fived each other with a "thank fook it wasn't us in power".

14. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Even if it were possible to implement an effective track and trace system for a fairly libertarian population of 60m it would be political suicide to do so. By and large we are not a nation who likes to be overtly traced.

15. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

16. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

Good news is he's gone now...Bumbling ****ing idiot that he was anyway!!!

17. Ron Burguvdy

Which one we talking about...

dennisboothstash likes this.
  18. FLG

FLG Well-Known Member

3/1 for Spurs job.
    Lump on.

19. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Hopefully we're talking about London buses, Cummins gone, now Hancock, who might be next?

20. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

"In a letter to the PM Matt Hancock said the government "owe it to people who have sacrificed so much in this pandemic to be honest when we have let them down"".

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

<laugh><laugh><laugh>

<laugh><laugh>

<laugh>

<doh>