1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Covid 19 restrictions have done one

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by dennisboothstash, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

The stats show little spread in 0-9 year olds so I would say it’s secondary schools that are more likely spreading it (colleges and universities too).

As much as support is claimed to have been given by the DFE, schools have very much gone about sorting themselves out. Some schools have designated pick up and drop off points/times for different classes, some have one way systems throughout the site, some have yet to allow parents back on site for collections, some are still eating lunches in their classrooms rather than back in the hall, etc. Schools have had to try and make themselves “Covid secure” though does that term really ever exist?

Ric Glasgow likes this.
  2. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

End of furlough , it's not looking good . Personally I'm far more concerned about my mental health
    than covid . We need to be sensible about the risks but what happens if we shut down large parts of the economy ?

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  3. Tentotwo

Tentotwo Well-Known Member

4. highpeak tiger

highpeak tiger Well-Known Member

5. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Teachers don't go to shops or pubs or travel on public transport? Getting it off the kids is not the obvious thing. Especially if the teachers tested positive and not the kids.

6. Asterix

Asterix Well-Known Member

Midway through the first total lockdown, an economist, or similar, said he would be delighted if the borrowings, so far, were repaid in fifty years. My thought then was the grandson is going to be my age by then. I would hate to think this burden would pass to his grandson or grandchildren, but if another lockdown comes it does seem inevitable.

7. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

8. Barchullona

Likely taken there by holidaymakers. Obviously by the sort of people who drink in Wetherspoons and go to Benidorm drinking in English pubs and eating English food.

9. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

what makes you think we can get rid of it?? It’s a virus it will always be there, just the same as the normal flu.

When we leave a lockdown, the cases will raise again even after 25 lockdowns....we have to learn to live it.

I’m currently in Sweden & they have done an amazing job of managing it & continuing life as normal

10. Ric Glasgow

I don't know if the kids were tested or not but general opinion would indicate that kids are asymptomatic and can spread it without even knowing they've had it? I'm not saying that teachers don't do 'normal' things like us,merely that there's a reasonable chance they've caught it in the classroom?And as the pubs were shut at the time it almost certainly never came from that source,masks are required in shops and on public transport so that also narrows that option down?

11. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Good.
    I only started the thread so people saw the decision to move us up a Tier early and could discuss what the restrictions really mean in practice.

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  12. Blyth_bucaneer

Blyth_bucaneer Well-Known Member

Lots of folk mention Sweden, the top and bottom is though the demographics are different in each individual nation. I am surprised the Northeast has not yet moved into the most severe category yet, I do think another national lockdown is inevitable. This will be dictated by pressure on the NHS, all the data there is heading in the wrong direction. Personally, I think the government strategy at the outset was good, however, I think they lost the plot back in June and the disease in this country is out of control now, nobody wants another big lockdown, is there now any other alternative though.

13. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

There's no sign of the virus being spread in schools or universities in Hull, according to the Head Of Public Health, who's just been on the Bursny show.

14. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

highpeak tiger likes this.
  15. highpeak tiger

Yes, as far as I understand it (i'm not a virologist) but in general Covid should become less deadly but we are not getting rid of it without an effective vaccine. Hopefully, one can be developed.

16. Ric Glasgow

So did he show or detail the facts and figures as to where it's coming from?...They're very consistent in pointing out where it's not being spread but can't tell us where it is being spread or likely to be spread(Bar of course football stadia)?

17. highpeak tiger

I doubt they know, it will need serious statistical analysis by epidemiologists. Probably published in the scientific literature in 4 to 5 years time.

18. Barchullona

You mean you wanted re-assurance that there will not be anything preventing you going to a pub?<laugh>

dennisboothstash likes this.
  19. Barchullona

Not a reasonable chance unless the kids have it. Kids are not the only ones who are asymptomatic.

20. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Teachers & all School Staff can get a 10% discount at Morrisons from Monday. As a way of saying thank you for ensuring Schools have remained open allowing other Key Workers with children to continue to attend work.

A well deserved thank you,