1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

COVID-19

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Walsh.i.am, Mar 14, 2020.

1. robbieBB

robbieBB Well-Known Member

Is that what is meant by "herd immunity"?

2. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

And people still believe we will be back to normal,come October for the new season.
    You. can forget football,as we were before Covid returning for 12-18 months at best(if ever)

zogean_king likes this.
  3. Bure budgie

Not a big fan of Boris and his cronnies,but I must applaud the reaction to the increase in Covid cases in Spain.
    It still baffles me why people are prepared to travel abroard when the pandemic is still rife.
    I would ban ALL travel to foreign countries for pleasure and stringently enforce a 2week isolation for ALL people entering UK.
    We are months,if not years away from "safe travel" to any destination.Wake up people,it could be your life you are risking for 2 weeks in Benidorm.

zogean_king, ncgandy and RiverEndRick like this.
  4. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Totally agree, BB! :emoticon-0148-yes:

5. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

Yes Western Australia is fighting in court to keep it's internal boarders closed, but nobody in WA wants open boarders, people going on holiday to Europe are mad. The only place that is close to the UK that might be Okay would be Ireland because the freedom of movement once restrictions are relaxed in Europe means it spreads super fast again. This thing is super virulent and even if you survive can give you serious lifelong complications. Holidays abroad are not a right, go for a walk in the countryside or something the UK has beautiful countryside.

Bure budgie likes this.
  6. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

I'm out of the loop with the rules in UK at the moment, but are refunds available for those people who booked summer hols in advance of the pandemic and now (quite understandably) don't wish to travel?

7. Bure budgie

My understanding,and experience,with both Jet2 and TUI, is if your holiday is a package and has been cancelled by the tour company you will get your money back.I have had 2 holidays cancelled and had full refunds.

8. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ronnie O'Sullivan's take on allowing a live audience into the snooker
    starting tomorrow in Sheffield:

"Maybe they have to start doing a test on crowds at some point and I've heard people say they're treating the snooker event a little bit like lab rats - you've got to start somewhere, start with snooker players.

"Less insurance to pay out for Anthony Hamilton than there is for Lewis Hamilton."

9. Bure budgie

SIX million furloughed employees worked from home during lockdown, a major report has found.

Businesses were strictly banned from claiming government money for staff who continued to work, but new figures reveal that a whopping 63 per cent of the 9.4 million employees still worked during April and May.

Anybody really surprised?
    Most companies will take advantage of any loopholes,if the checking system is too slack.
    Next thing will be restaurants/cafes etc claiming for meals which are non existant.When customers pay by cash,there is no way of checking legitimate sales.
    Government too slack with our money.

Walsh.i.am likes this.
  10. robbieBB

Don't worry Bure, most of them soon won't have jobs to cheat the rest of us over.

11. Bure budgie

Chelsea and England striker Tammy Abraham has apologised "for the naivety shown" after a breach of coronavirus guidelines.
    It is understood a group of more than six people, including England team-mates Ben Chilwell and Jadon Sancho, attended a surprise party for Abraham's 23rd birthday at his home on Saturday.

What planet are these people on?

12. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

Planet money and me

Bure budgie likes this.
  13. robbieBB

Is it too much to hope that good sense might prevail over stupidity before the current madness brings all of us -- not just football clubs -- to our knees? Probably.

Great Barrington Declaration

oldcanariesfan likes this.
  14. Bure budgie

UK takeaway pizza chain Papa John's is investigating allegations that taxpayer cash was fraudulently claimed during the Eat Out to Help Out scheme.
    A Papa John's franchisee Raheel Choudhary claimed over £250,000 in non-existent meals during the scheme, the Daily Mail alleges.
    Mr Chaudhary has denied all the allegations.

Well it was obvious.
    Ripping us all off.
    Just the tip of the iceberg

15. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

Some interesting signatories on that declaration:
    Dr Crippen, Dr Harold Shipman, Dr Corona Virus, Dr Johnny Bananas to name just a few! <yikes>

Canary Spring likes this.
  16. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

The current regime of locking everything down to “contain” the disease clearly isn’t working as the disease does not conform to known rules and thus cannot really be “contained”.

The local restrictions in the North West and North East are actually seeing a rise in daily cases so all good there, an increase clearly fuelled by the influx of students into the universities and colleges (same with Nottingham).

Most of us “do the right thing” - we wash our hands, we wear our masks and we socially distance but still the little bugger spreads and gets into the community so maybe, just maybe, a return to “normality” (as in China where this sucker was manufactured) might be the answer.

robbieBB and Bure budgie like this.
  17. ncgandy

Retired people staying in and sending out for groceries? I look forward to the happy face of a supermarket delivery driver (or in my case, often a wine delivery driver) being the high spot of my day. <yikes>

oldcanariesfan likes this.
  18. robbieBB

So what do you do at the moment Gandy that you wouldn't be able, or feel able, to do under targeted protection?

19. ncgandy

Well, I was running a small business from home (until covid put paid to that) so I suppose I was used to being solitary for large parts of the day. I did, and still will, go out to do my shopping, and drive to visit my daughters and their families (with sensible precautions).
    My wife still works full time as MD of a limited company she set up 10 years ago. She trains in care homes, as well as in her office training rooms. Also has been training in the N&N and QE2 hospitals. I'm not sure targeted protection is going to work for me.

robbieBB likes this.
  20. robbieBB

So what exactly do you think will change for you under targeted protection? You have already adjusted your behaviour in line with your perceived risk? Or are you just following whatever covid "rules" are in force? Is the problem you see with targeted protection that it will significantly increase risk to yourself and your wife, such that you would no longer do your shopping or feel able to visit family?