1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coyote Canyon Game Thread

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Joelinton's Right Foot, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exactly why I won't protect our try to protect them. It's a team game but each member of that team needs to be an individual.

I've said before but the Mafia team with you, me and Magic was prefect. Magic does his thing, we worked together and came up with plans but went about implementing those plans in our own ways.

Trying to work together to much provides the clever players with links and info

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2015
  2. Agree with this.

In the penultimate night; two minutes to go, Biscan leading the lynch votes and the tavern are convinced Biscan is the remaining McGraw member. Why opt for option one (kill a bandit and risk two or three townies) or optiom two (stick with lynch votes and lose one or two townies)? They just killed a townie for no reason!

They can't even blame Bod for influencing them!

PS...and I know I lead the ACS assassination but that ended with what? Sixteen votes <laugh>

Obi Wan and J. J. McClure like this.
  3. danilo.

danilo. Well-Known Member

Have to say that was a very enjoyable game, really tense at points. The rules were surprisingly tight, with only the few minors mistakes that can be ironed out in the future. I did get that bit of information from Nev by accident, but I didn't want to ruin the game. Eventually I just wanted one of the bandit teams to win.

4. danilo.

danilo. Well-Known Member

I couldn't resist Biscan, I knew no-one would pay attention to it. <laugh>

Obi Wan and InBiscanWeTrust like this.
  5. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Twat.
    You had the town sheep dancing like a puppet master I have to admit.
    You killed the game that night though as, once I went things just peetered out.
    You need intelligent input like mine and Chaos's to stimulate the game thought processes.

6. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Klopp and GCB are the bunnies in my crosshairs now.
    Even if they are on the same team as me I'll take them down next time.

7. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

You taking the piss or what? I was screwed so early I didn't even have the opportunity to **** it up for myself <grr>

Great game Nev. The first two days were utter chaos, bloody enjoyed it sir <cheers>

8. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Good game Nev.
    I never inderstood it but I think I was town.
    Well played.

Obi Wan likes this.
  9. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Nev - as a newbie I think maybe this wasn't the game to start with but enjoyed it immensely. It does seem to me that the quiet ones (like me) have a bit of an advantage as they don't give very much away but its the ones who post who actually make the game so enjoyable. The little hint about finding the Deputy in my Death Post, led to an amazing attempt at deception by AstroturfNaut, who tried to persuade everyone, and I think it actually worked, that he was the Deputy, not DPP. This had me laughing all the way from the grave when I read it.
    Realised that in order to carry out a convincing bluff you have to really be on top of both the rules and what has been posted previously and this was very hard to keep up with from here.
    Thanks for organising this - I assume you have a very understanding boss and wife (or maybe its just the one person).

10. brb

brb CR250

Excellent game Nev and as always i never read a single rule <laugh>

I just play for fun and like to wind everyone up to see what crawls out. Astro gave indications of that early on when he realised i was on his team again, was i going to play along or was i going to **** everything up. Well i played along this time but Tash became a major liability in my game style, hence i had to mix it up even more, probably the only time in all the comps ive ever used my style to my advantage.

Never did get why why GCB saved me on the first night, i always go out on the first night you bastard <grr>

As for Musty, i suspected him early on but it was clouded by the fact i knew he would vote for me, whether i was a Townie or not. Oh btw Musty that question you keep asking me....speak to Minxy, it's up to her.

Chaos - as for him, well we can't have two of me <laugh>

G - gets my vote every game, so any one that ever followed that vote was always going down the wrong path.

Biggest disappointment of the game, too many people sitting back and taking a free ride, be nice to have some rule built in next time to mix that up.

Best bit of the game, Nev's going bald :)

11. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Play the new werewolf one dude

Obi Wan likes this.
  12. brb

brb CR250

Thanks bro....don't read your board, so just found it <ok>

13. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

Fair play Danilo. <ok>

NEV, thanks again it was a great game and must have taken you hours to create, edit/tweak and then manage - especially with 31 players and what, 17 different QT boards? Big respect!
    <applause><applause> <applause>

You're still a fat cnut though. ;)

14. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Which Klopp?

pa you should be thankful, I kept you alive for one more day! Without me you'd have been dead the night before

15. Nolberto's Salsa Inferno

Nolberto's Salsa Inferno Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed that game, most fun out of the 4 odd I have played ..think it has so much potential ..sure, some bits of it need to be nerfed/ boosted ..but the core concept and execution is fantastic fun and really challenging

Nev did a brilliant job from concept through to the end and I really want the markII version to happen as soon as Nev is recovered and capable ..probably June 2023 then

From townie pov ..Tend to agree with ibwt that tavern team might be too strong / bank too weak . Even though the tavern basically operated at 50% participation for nearly all the game .. (I bloody knew Bod was a wrong un 2 days ago <grr>)

From the whore pov .. I found The 2 day kill range is impossible to deal with ..This game changes hourly ..so the whore becomes an even more random sk basically ..which is what might be wanted..that said might be worth shifting her role from killing to an unreliable investigator .. ie pillow talk at 75% accuracy or something ( ...just a suggestion I don't understand the balances or nuances in the game at global level)

Nev ...how vital was the money situation? It seemed to me not so important ie there wasn't a lot of need for robbing to be done ...or much need to buy bullets as gunfight over so quickly?

All above are just suggestions from a crap plAyer and are only posted here as fuel for thought in any future changes you might make

Absolutely loved this game though <ok><ok><ok>

Obi Wan likes this.
  16. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

DIRECTOR'S CUT - WITH ALTERNATIVE ENDING

Following GCB's suicide, Nev hastily and gleegully makes the following announcement, to end the game so he can get back on with his life:
    After the initial bandit cheers die down, Nev hears a voice. It is a kind of Holy voice, a wise voice, like in Star Wars when Obi Wan speaks to Luke by using the Force. But, who could it be?

The voice points out that if Sebb is disqualified, it is 2 vs 2 and the game is still in play.

Eventually picking himself up from the floor, Nev begins sobbing uncontrollably. "Nooooooooo. <sniff> I just want it <sniff> to end. <sniff>. Please make it end. <sniff> PLEASE!"

The voice replies. "Fear not Nev, for it shall end. Very soon. You see NEV, YOU have broken the golden rule. YOU have revealed the roles of the four remaining players. You know what that means, don't you Nev?"

Nev looks up to the skies, fearful. Then he realises it is the best way, the only way. He smiles and immediately keels over, dying of Scarlet Fever.

With no gamesmaster to run the game, the four remaining players look at each other, shrug and head off to the bar.

IT'S A DRAW

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  17. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

The scouse one.

Obi Wan likes this.
  18. I'd have killed Biscan immediately ;)

I thought he meant me with him mentioning GCB too. We both lead the campaign against ACS after your lynch save. Could have meant you for ****ing him

The best games are the original concepts. This one was great a second run would still be good but its no longer new.

Obi Wan likes this.
  19. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Was fairly convinced Biscan was mafia but couldn't be certain especially since I'd only really started paying the game 100% attention that day, but mostly it was because I was concerned about the lynch-save getting used again (Think Astro said he did?) and also despite trying to get it sorted couldn't get a clear lead for Biscan in the vote, think it was like 4-3-3 so just wanted to take it safely - losing a lynch at that stage (especially since Astro was dying anyway) would basically be like losing a town. Also at this time I was operating under the numbers that it would be best case 7/6v1, worst case maybe 5v2 if one of the visitors was evil - wasn't expecting both of them to jump ship at the last minute at all. Also didn't know DPP was going to die of scarlet fever, though there'd just been a warning. So killing mafia was the only priority as didn't the numbers would end up so ugly.

What I did mess up with is not talking about recruits earlier, was just working on getting the last original bandits nailed and then work on recruits after, didn't throw out that my number 1 recruit suspect was Bod. Then also messed up more severely by posting that on the tavern board after I died before I'd checked the thread to find out I was sleeping with the fishes, but thankfully don't think any of the guys saw it - or just didn't think anything of my opinion haha!

20. You were the only tavern team member thst pushed for option two

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.