1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Craig Davies

Discussion in 'Chesterfield' started by barnsley_boy, Jun 9, 2011.

1. barnsley_boy

barnsley_boy Member

Hi guys!

Just wondered with us having just signed this guy (that I've heard little about really) what you're thoughts on him were?

How good is he? Is he someone that looks capable of the step up to the Championship....???

2. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

He is a good player, prolific in League 2 and scored a good few long range goals, however I would be wary of him stepping up two divisions and moving to a new club. He is a big strong and fast striker who can dominate defences. His best form has been when managed by Sheridan (Oldham and Chesterfield) and he also has had a good few clubs. If you are able to get the best out of him then he is a great signing, if not then you could get frustrated. I wish the lad all the best, he had a great season for us and we have to let him go with our best wishes.

Good luck for the season

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hi Nass. Didn't realise you were a Chesterfield fan. Good strong side. Are they going to be better this season than they were last season?

4. NassauBoard

We have been able to keep the core of our league winning side but losing Craig is a major blow, so I think our chances revolve around the new signings we need to make and also the loan market. If Sheridan can get the blend right then we should be in for a good season. We need to build the squad a little too.

5. NassauBoard

We have just made our first signing, Nathan Smith from Yeovil, a player proven in the division and just the sort of big strapping unit our defence needs. I think its a good signing and hopefully the first of four or five in the coming weeks.