1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Crewe v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Mar 31, 2021.

?

City win?

Poll closed Apr 2, 2021.
  1. City win

67.3%
  2. Screwed

18.4%
  3. Draw

14.3%
  1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Good Friday 3pm
    How many would we be taking eh
    Bloody shame.
    Anyway
    Must win game for the lads.
    And we will 2-0

2. Chazz Rheinhold

home

Ticket News
    We Are Hull City: Members Update

please log in to view this image

We’ve been locked down. We’ve been in tiers. But We Are Hull City and, thanks to the tremendous continued backing of our Members, we can all start to look forward to brighter days ahead.

The days when the turnstiles click back into action. The days when those well-rehearsed matchday routines are practised once again, that pie 15 minutes before kick-off can be savoured, the chat with the lovely couple you only see every other Saturday in the seats behind you can be enjoyed, the roar of the crowd can be heard – it’s all coming slowly back into view.

We absolutely cannot wait for those days to come but, in the meantime, existing Members continue to be in the best possible position as the Tigers challenge for promotion back to the Sky Bet Championship.

Streaming codes will continue to be issued for each home league game between now and the end of the season, enabling Members to watch the action live on iFollow Tigers with some big games to come next month.

TeamCard points to the value of your monthly Membership payment will also continue to be uploaded to your account (until further notice) and can be redeemed against merchandise and/or exclusive products through Tiger Leisure, including signed items and virtual mascot packages.

And, with TeamCard points accrued between July 2020 and the end of June 2021 able to be redeemed up until the end of June 2022, we’re pleased to confirm that points can be used to purchase food and drink on the concourses, and can be redeemed against hospitality packages, once we’re back up and running next season.

The Government’s recent roadmap has given hope that we will be able to welcome crowds from the start of next season but, should capacity restrictions need to be in place, current Members will be the first people back inside the KCOM Stadium and we absolutely cannot wait to see you all again.

We’ve been apart but we’ve stuck together through some really difficult times and we cannot thank you enough. You Are Hull City. We Are Hull City. We Will See You Soon.

3. Chazz Rheinhold

4. Idi Amin

Idi Amin Well-Known Member

My first ever city game was at home to Crewe. Cup game I think in 1996...they did us 5-1.

One of our teachers was a crewe fan and we abused him at the game. Good Times. Not the result.

5. Arnold_Lane_HCFC

Arnold_Lane_HCFC Well-Known Member

Nothing game for Crewe, not going up or down.
    Not quite on the beach this year, more of a staycation at somewhere like Longleat Centre Parcs.
    Lost their chairman, club under a bit of a cloud.
    Spirited resistance for 20 mins or so as the home team, City to finish them off.
    Away win.

6. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Struggled here, but I gave it a go.

Crewe derives it's name from the Welsh word for weir, Creu and that is the name used in the Domesday Book for what was the nearest settlement.

The town itself was created in 1843 as a Railway Settlement. Prior to that, it had a population of 70. By 1871, it had reached 40,000.

Oddly, the Town of Crewe and the station have never been part of the original Township of Crewe, which eventually changed its name to Crewe Green to distinguish from Crewe Town which had overtaken it. There is a local riddle to explain it: "The place which is Crewe is not Crewe, and the place which is not Crewe is Crewe."

Crewe was actually the name chosen for the Station, so the place got it's name from the Station, rather than the other way around.

Crewe Alexandra played cricket and probably rugby at the Earle Street Ground before they decided to form a football club in 1877.

The unique in football terms 'Alexandra' most likely takes it's name from the nearby Hotel where the teams met, which itself got it's name from Princess Alexandra of Denmark, who married Queen Victoria’s eldest son, later King Edward VII.

As per previous lists like this, Chaz will still click like, and still not read a word of it.

They did not go professional at first, which ultimately cost them a number of grounds and let to them playing on an empty piece of ground known as 'Old Sheds Field'.

The club fans seem to have a love hate relationship with the railway connection, preferring the Alex, to the Railwaymen. Although after the emblem of a train wheel was replaced by a football on the club crest, fans campaigned to reinvent the wheel.

In 1980 Peter Coyne scored the clubs first hat trick in 4 years, and was rewarded with a colour TV. When he later scored another hat trick, they gave him a cabinet to put it in.

Crewe were Bruce Grobbelaar's first team in England, when Ron Atkinson failed to acquire him for West Brom after Ron Atkinson introduced them.

7. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

Dele Adebola scored a remarkable goal in that match. He came on as a sub when Crewe had a corner. He ambled on to the pitch, entered the penalty box and without breaking stride headed in the corner whipped into his direction. He must’ve scored about five seconds after entering the field of play.

We came a distant second that day.

8. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

"In 1980 Peter Coyne scored the clubs first hat trick in 4 years, and was rewarded with a colour TV. When he later scored another hat trick, they gave him a cabinet to put it in."

<laugh><laugh>

DMD likes this.
  9. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

You've sunk to new depths DMD.Taking a pop at the principle instigator of the MDT,a man who fought against a deadly pandemic and came out the other side,a man who invented a half time sandwich(The Chazzwich) who many of us have emulated but skipped the cranberry sauce.

You've crossed that line in the sand!!:emoticon-0102-bigsm

rovertiger, DMD and Chazz Rheinhold like this.
  10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

11. TonyFinnegan'sCocaineHell

TonyFinnegan'sCocaineHell Well-Known Member

He was monstrous when he came on, I'd seen City take beatings before, but not one where they looked like they were being absolutely brutalised and sodomised. Warren Joyce scored our goal and the celebrations were the ultimate definition of 'muted'

AlRawdah likes this.
  12. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

It has to be a must win game, I can't see Magennis or White starting as they both played in N.I game yesterday. So it looks as if Eaves will start again, and pretty much the same side as started against Gillingham if Jones recovered from his concussion thing if indeed it was needed.

13. SAFC4ever

SAFC4ever Active Member

Easy win for you lot I reckon, you seem to struggle against physical teams and do well against technical teams who take the game to you. Crewe good footballing side but other than Mandron don’t really have a lot of physicality. 0-2 I would say. Honeyman and Wilks.

14. AlaHullPPG

AlaHullPPG Well-Known Member

I hope you're right

15. Roary's Smelly Head

Roary's Smelly Head Well-Known Member

back to winning ways. come on city 2-0

16. Chazz Rheinhold

Grant McCann has told his players to “focus on the process” ahead of Hull City’s Good Friday fixture away to mid-table Crewe Alexandra.

The Tigers are unbeaten in seven but have drawn the last two 1-1, most recently at home to Gillingham.

McCann was pleased with the Gills display and believes a similar performance can deliver all three points against the 14th-placed Railwaymen, although he knows it won’t be straightforward.

“We understand it’s going to be a difficult game,” said McCann.

“It’s going to be a good footballing game. Two teams who like to play in the right way for me and get the ball down and play in between people and try to create opportunities.

“They’re strong at home. They’ve got one of the better home records in the division. They’ve beaten some of the bigger teams there this season.

“I expect a good footballing team. I expect good individuals in their team, all through it. Like every team in this division, they’ve got people who can hurt you if you’re not switched on.

“We want to go there and deliver our game plan again and hopefully continue the performance level we showed against Gillingham.

“Yes, the last little bit wasn’t there, and I understand the three points is all that matters at this stage, but we’ve still got to focus on the process.

“The process is making sure we deliver the game plan, making sure we play well, making sure we perform. In turn, that gives us the best opportunity to win.”

Hull City created a plethora of chances against the Gills and rattled the woodwork twice through goalscorer Tom Eaves and Jacob Greaves.

McCann felt it was just one of those days in front of goal and believes the Tigers’ luck will soon turn.

“We’re getting in the areas, we’re creating the opportunities,” McCann added.

“I’m sure if you threw that ball into Jacob Greaves 100 times, he’d score 99 of them. That’s just the way it was.

“I spoke to Jacob on the Sunday, he felt a bit low, he felt a bit down with it. I picked him up, told him he’s been having a tremendous season and no one envisaged what he was going to do, given the start of the season and where he’s come from.

“He’s been outstanding for us and I said to him, ‘look, keep getting in the areas’. It’s not just Jacob, though. There were times in the game we flashed things across the post.

“Usually, we’re clinical. Statistically, we’re the most clinical team in the division, in terms of chances to score. We know it’s there, it was just on that day.

“It can happen in football that things don’t go your way – good blocks, good goalkeeping saves, a shot that goes past the post, a header that hit the crossbar

“You can’t dwell on it, you’ve got to move on to the next one. I know if we continue to perform the way we showed against Gillingham, we’ll have a lot more wins this season.”

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  17. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

Oh! Mr McCann, whatever should we do?
    We should be playing Birmingham,
    But you've taken us to Crewe.
    Take us back to The Championship, as quickly as you can,
    I can't believe you got us relegated, what a silly Grant McCann.

2-1.

Lucky to hold on.

18. Phinius T Bookbinder

Phinius T Bookbinder Well-Known Member

I’ll take that now

Ernie Shackleton likes this.
  19. johnbo

johnbo Well-Known Member

Doesn’t matter who we play after a couple of draws it’s time to start winning again and hopefully going on another winning run. Start the Easter weekend with 3 points is a must, never easy but it must be done.

Ric Glasgow likes this.
  20. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

Must win,absolutely have to win,will win...2-1 UTT.

rovertiger and johnbo like this.