1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Crewe Vs Charlton

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by The Penguin, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Smudger603

Smudger603 Well-Known Member

First thing I’d do is drop Leko - absolute waste of a shirt last night!

2. The Penguin

The Penguin Well-Known Member

He hasn't played well since his injury. Lee has gone off the boil too, and I'm not sure on current form whether we'd want him permanently. Same with Leko. It's vital that we keep Innis fit- we're not going to score many, but at least with Innis we won't concede many. Top managers need a ruthless streak, Curbs certainly did, and JJ needs to show his now. This feels like quite a significant loss.

Ubedizzy likes this.
  3. Ubedizzy

Ubedizzy Well-Known Member

Leko is an awful player. And to think he is on loan from a championship club. He has zero chance of playing at that level. No wonder LB was so keen to ‘help us out’. Birmingham get rid and we cover a bit of his wages.
    He can’t shoot, he can’t cross, he can’t hold the ball up, he has an awful first touch and he won’t pass. OK, he can do pointless stepovers and is a dab hand at being a mile offside, impeding the keeper and costing us a goal but I reckon that makes him a L2 player at best.

Likewise Lee - never a championship player - better than Leko, but a lower L1 team at best. No better than Albie in my view and that’s not saying a lot.

Famewo also is no better than some of our own players.

When you consider the quality of some of our previous loan players, the current crop is truly awful. The LB effect maybe ?

4. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Well that was a crap way to spend wednesday night - shouting at the telly, the ref, Charlton players and finally the lino. I'm still not 100% that goal should have been wiped off, but I can see the arguements. Whatever, it would have given us a win our abject performance didn't deserve. Crewe were pretty much equally bad, but withthe two goal cushion they managed the game a bit, while we seem to have mastered the art of making the wrong choice of pass, shot or dead ball situation. All in all a wretched evening. Our season now sits on an away tie at Hartlepool in the PapaJohns, a tournament we were all happy to ignore. before that, we have Cheltenham, who will probably give us another torrid 90 minutes.

Ubedizzy likes this.
  5. Ubedizzy

Oi, I’ve been keen on the Papa Johns all season. I came to accept early on that it was now our level and our only chance of a day out at Wembley

Ken Shabby and The Penguin like this.
  6. lardiman

lardiman The truth is out there
    Forum Moderator

I was happy to ignore it! :emoticon-0172-mooni

Ubedizzy likes this.
  7. Ubedizzy

“Delusions of grandeur” springs to mind

8. lardiman

lardiman The truth is out there
    Forum Moderator

I don't mind at all if the team (which should be a squad XI of players needing a game and youngsters) does well in the latter stages of the competition.
    But I am not going to pin my hopes on the Papa John's Trophy as the only thing worth prioritising now this season.

Even before the joke group stage and youth teams of bigger Clubs being allowed in, this was a tin pot cup.
    I'm sure we all remember the 2012 chant ringing around the Valley;
    :emoticon-0159-music JPT, who gives a f**k, we're top of the league and we're going up :emoticon-0159-music

Would one player in our squad today have got into Chris Powell's team?
    I'm not blaming TS.
    But I'm not having this season either, unless the inconsistent, mentally fragile players we do have now start to show some character.
    We fight for every point between now and May.
    No more mooching around and feeling sorry for ourselves when rubbish officials don't give us last kick decisions.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022