1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Crystal Palace vs Shrewsbury Town

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Matster, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well, Shrewsbury continue the success of early stage Capital One Cup by beating Blackburn. We now have Crystal Palace in the next round.

I'm guessing there'll be a few changes to the squad again, with at least Whalley getting a start and possibly JLAA. Possibly Wesolowski will get a spot on the bench, however I don't know if NKP is as ready yet but both featured in a reserve game.

What are you thoughts on the match, what do think the squad, score and game style might be?
    Come on you Blues!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  2. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

I have a bad feeling about this one - I think Palace will field a really strong side and they are in good form. They have a lot of pace in their team and could cause our back four a lot of problems. I expect Patterson to play and think Wesolowski and Whalley could also start. I predict an honourable 3-1 defeat so we can go back to concentrating on improving our league form.

3. Matster

Forum Moderator

Shrewsbury have won 5 and drawn 2 in their last 7 meetings.

4. Matster

Forum Moderator

Missed the start as puttinglas to bed. Well in Tootl!

5. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

The scoreline was worse than I predicted but it looked to be a good contest in the first 90 minutes. Their first penalty was another absolute shocker - virtually no contact and a blatant dive - it could have been another giantkilling without that. Palace fans are being complimentary about Ryan Woods - do we really appreciate him enough?

6. Matster

Forum Moderator

Town fans appreciate Woods but get frustrated with his lack of attack.MW mentioned in commentary for Oldham that if he could get some goals then he'd add a couple of zeros to his value.