1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cup semi-finals to allow spectators

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by NorfolkSaint, Mar 29, 2021.

1. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

Technically, no one has a season ticket - some have claimed refunds and others have had refunds applied to their account. Southampton FC have no current season ticket holders. If what you are saying is true then there is no money to come back on accounts?

Archers Road likes this.
  2. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

Tickets would have to be free or really cheap if they are being sold for this and are not available to fans of the teams in the semis. Why would you pay any significant fee to see two teams you don't care about unless of course you are loaded and it doesn't matter to you.

3. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I've got £252 of credit in my account. Which means the club still owes me money. The people who claimed full refunds are no longer owed anything. In order to minimize future discounts on ST's, I think the club will prioritise the people with credit on their accounts. Say ticket prices are set at £60 upwards, the club can save a fair bit of money using this method.

4. thereisonlyoneno7

We’ll see but I disagree. Using your idea it costs the club money as they atm have the money sitting in their account whereas I would pay the £60 for a ticket from mine.

You are no more a season ticket holder than someone who claimed a refund, you just happen to have a credit in your account.

19/20 season tickets have been cancelled end of. The logistics of the refunds have no bearing.

5. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well at the very least you will have needed to have bought a ST for this season and have opted in when asked earlier in the season to get a ticket I would think. Anyway this is all academic at the moment.

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  6. thereisonlyoneno7

Lol it is. And to be fair I got out of bed the wrong side probably this morning so was looking for controversy :)

Negative Creep and tomw24 like this.
  7. BassettSaint

BassettSaint Active Member

As much as it would favour me to have a system that benefitted STH's who haven't applied for a full refund, I would agree that it would be unfair to prioritise anyone who has already claimed a full refund. Certainly anyone who opted in this season you would think would get priority (no idea how many that is mind).

As said above, all academic, I don't see us getting to the final anyway...!

8. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

Good job the club disagree with your attitude. What makes someone who wanted the money back in their own back account any less deserving of a ticket? They're still classed as season ticket holders, and I suspect they'll still get renewal discounts next season. See below when the refunds were first announced:

"Any tickets that are made available will be sold to those who had purchased 20/21 Season Tickets, with priority being given to fans that have yet to be selected in the Season Ticket ballot and those that are in priority groups based on the number of matches they have attended.

All Season Ticket holder benefits, including 10% off retail purchases, will remain in place for the rest of the 2020/21 season period, regardless of supporters receiving a refund."

Priority might well be given to those who havent been to a home game yet - that's fair enough, but to do it based on whether someone wanted a refund or not, is complete and utter bollocks in my view.

Libby, Le Saint and thereisonlyoneno7 like this.
  9. rednright

rednright Well-Known Member

I live in Barnet....just down the road from me.

10. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

Are women allowed ?

I would imagine yes , they are always there when me and semis are involved :emoticon-0107-sweat

11. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Relax guys. None of us are getting in.

12. Saints FC 76

Saints FC 76 Well-Known Member

The rumours are that 20,000 fans will be at the final, so IF we got there, I imagine all our tickets would go to season ticket holders who have not yet been to a game this season.

My memory may be wrong, but I think there was about 11-13,000 season ticket holders who opted in for the balloted league games.

We had two games with fans I think, so that leaves around 8-10,000 ST holders who didn’t go to a game. That is who I imagine will get a final ticket, and we’d probably only receive about 10,000 tickets anyway. Unfortunately I was at the City game so I don’t think I’ll get any priority this season.

All speculation though and beating Leicester will be difficult enough.

13. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

You are SOOOOO Negative !

Archers Road likes this.
  14. thereisonlyoneno7

I'm not so sure they will say that if you have been to a game (I went to City too) you aren't in the ballot. This is a Cup Final we are talking about and I honestly believe they will just do a random ballot of the people that want to go.

IMO of course, and my opinion is biased as I don't want to miss out <laugh>

15. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That wouldn't be fair because they will get to go to a league game anyway with the PL moving the penultimate fixture so 10,000 fans can get in to our last home league game. Why should they automatically get 2 games? The FA Cup Final has to be done by ballot for all ST holders.

16. thereisonlyoneno7

Lol I love the vibe that we are all talking about missing out on the 2021 Cup Final win.

17. st_brendy

st_brendy Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It very much depends on what the PL finally decide upon with regards to the penultimate round of fixtures (eg our home game vs Leeds). But if ultimately that remains behind closed doors, then yes I agree that ST holders who haven't yet been this season should get priority over those who have been....should it ever come to that.

18. Libby

Libby 9-0

Doubt each final club will get 10k. Much closer to 5 I suspect, including corporate.

Lemons and Oranges likes this.
  19. Lemons and Oranges

Lemons and Oranges Well-Known Member

Libby, you are being realistic in suggesting that Saints fans may only get a 5000 allocation. I prefer to be extremely cynical, and to take your statement at face value:

"Much closer to 5 I suspect, (with 4,995 going elsewhere) including corporate"

20. jacksk1

jacksk1 Well-Known Member

Why...??

When you buy a season ticket it gives you a seat for all 19 league games. When those couple of league games became available earlier in the season all season ticket holders were given the opportunity to apply to go with the understanding that you might not get selected. The fact that a) you chose not to go, b) you chose to go but were not selected or c) you chose to go and were selected is irrelevant and in no way should be used in any possible allocation for cup tickets.

Priority for cup tickets is and has always been an added benefit for all season ticket holders and as a normal priority process wouldn't be able to be followed due to a likely reduced allocation then it should work in a similar way to the league games - all season ticket holders get the chance to choose whether to go or not with unfortunately only the lucky ones that are actually selected able to go.