1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Czech Rep v England

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Oct 11, 2019.

1. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I just watched the highlights, and if what I saw was the best bits of England performance, the rest must have been dire. It stank of overconfidence, particularly after going 1-0 up early on. Keane for me is not an International defender, surely we can do better than him. Having said that no one had a good game as far as I could see, even Harry was poor by his standards, maybe his confidence has been dented playing in a poor Manure side.

2. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Whole thing was very poor John

3. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Well, he's done ok so far but he's a long way from being great.

4. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

Very similar to having been in Huddersfield last weekend!

5. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

Playing great flowing football, semi final...... how many of them have we had in the last 50 years?

what did the so called golden generation give us?

6. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Except for last night...

Like I say, so far so good, most of the time. But he hasn't won anything yet, he's lost as many in 38 games as Hodgson lost in 56, we're always likely to ship goals. I think it's still a work in progress.

7. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

So a question... is it still a sad indictment of British/ English football that we cannot seem to become a dominant force. Two years ago we won the Under 20 World Cup. This was the match day squad that day.

GK 1 Freddie Woodman
    RB 2 Jonjoe Kenny
    CB 5 Fikayo Tomori
    please log in to view this image
    48'
    CB 6 Jake Clarke-Salter
    LB 14 Kyle Walker-Peters
    DM 4 Lewis Cook (c)
    DM 7 Josh Onomah
    RM 18 Kieran Dowell
    58'
    62'
    AM 10 Dominic Solanke
    LM 11 Ademola Lookman
    CF 16 Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    76'
    Substitutions:
    MF 19 Sheyi Ojo
    62'
    MF 8 Ainsley Maitland-Niles
    76'
    Coach:
    Paul Simpson

Two years on and as always I stand to be corrected the only one of that team that got near the seniors team last night was Tomori, obviously his loan here taught him plenty. Would it happen in Germany? I dont know...!!

We have a dodgy goalkeeper in team in the bottom 3, Trippier, farmed out to Spain not considered good enough for Spurs (he played ok actually), Keane as has been said never an international player in a month of (in a team in the bottom 3) Harry, we love for obvious reasons (in a team in the bottom 6) Danny Rose, better than Chilwell, I personally dont think so, .... Mason Mount played well but was replaced by Barkley who cant get a game at Chelsea and as as for pet lip Rashford (another bottom 6 player)I could go on

I dont know what the injury situation was but when you're lumping the ball to a Kane a good player and great penalty taker playing on his own hoping to win a ball to feed to Sterling playing off him and not winning many, why keep lumping it. OR if you are going to lump it, get Vardy on and turn the defenders.

I suppose what I'm saying is, surely that win, even thought they were kids should have ben the catalyst for something great. As it stands, others than a couple of that winning team, I can''t remember hearing of them since.

8. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Stupid Southgate fancy not playing players who aren’t in the first team of their club or on loan in the championship
    ****ing idiot
    You not Gareth

9. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

For once have a conversation without asterisks. Or is that just about where you draw the line.

Its about reasoning and opinion or do I have it wrong thats its a forum for discussion and opinion. If you read it, I said is it an indictment of British football / 90% foreign players. that our players aren't even getting game time at the highest level otherwise those names from the winning team would be known to all of us and be on the radar. Or where they just lucky winning. Youre an England footballer, you've reached the pinnacle of your career playing for your country and yet, your confidence isn not sky high its low low and yet, you get picked Consider you play for a bottom 3 side as goalkeeper, every time you go on the pitch you're expecting to concede. Same with centre back. Who do we have that should really be playing alongside Maguire, in fact across the pitch or is that were Southgates choices end. In short, is what we have all that we have, if so, theres something badly wrong when you're relying on a moment of brilliance from Sterling or Kane, or, the tactics and mental attitude of the players is wrong.

10. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Having watched the full game I am at a loss as to why Southgate continues to pick Henderson and Rice .. they offer absolutely nothing to this team, they run round like headless chickens and cant pick a pass forward between them. Keane is one of the worst central defenders I have witnessed in an England shirt .. Rose isnt a defenders arsehole.. and Pickfords second name is panic .. there isnt a huge amount to choose from but dear god there must be better out there then that dross.

11. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Trippier farmed out to Spain because he wasn't good enough? He went to Athletico Madrid for over £20m ffs. Ross Barkley can't get a game for Chelsea? You might want to check that one. Of the players you've not heard of since...

Freddie Woodman - On loan at Swansea and is their first choice keeper (he played against us).
    Jonjoe Kenny - On loan at Schalke and is their first choice right back.
    Tomori at least you know about this one.
    Jake Clarke-Salter - On loan at Birmingham, got his first game at the start of this month.
    Kyle Walker-Peters - Broke through into the Spurs team last season, but has been out injured since the start of this season.
    Lewis Cook - First choice player at Bournemouth, currently out after rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament last season.
    Josh Onamah - Went to Fulham as part of the Sessegnon deal, has played in their last four games.
    Kieran Dowell - On season long loan at Derby, not got a look in yet.
    Domonic Solanke - Played in pretty much every game for Bournemouth this season and is currently in the starting XI.
    Ademola Lookman - Currently first choice winger at RB Leipzig in the Bundesliga, after a summer move for £7.5m.
    Dominic Calvert-Lewin - Played in pretty much every game for Everton this season and is currently in the starting XI.
    Sheyi Ojo - First choice winger at Rangers, has already made 17 appearances so far this season.
    Ainsley Maitland-Niles - Eight appearances for Arsenal so far this season, was in the starting XI until he got himself sent off.

Sir Cheshire Ben likes this.
  12. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

He only ruptured his ligament ffs why isn’t he playing!! Fanny’s today these players

13. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

But apart from that ...

14. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

I shouldn't worry, we'll beat Bulgaria tomorrow then the media can go back to saying 'we're world beaters' again, then at least we can all sigh.