1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

D I CANIO and the state of the nation

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by calydon_road, May 16, 2011.

1. calydon_road

calydon_road Member

linked to swindon job i see. mmm. i just think this guy is going to make a fantastic manager especially if he starts in a lower league job and properly learns his trade. could we fit him in somewhere in our current system...probably not as i cant see paolo being number 2 to anyone. but id be gutted if he pulls up trees at another club in England - what do you lot think?

and totally unrelated...i returned to london the past week for various job interviews. must admit i was pleasantly surprised by the general mood and atmosphere of the City. ok i didnt return to SE7 so i guess that is a barometer i havent yet tested. but when i left in 2009 i did so apalled at the lack of human decency and general attitude displayed by 20-30% of the population. it seemed to have improved remarkably and this filled me with some hope. by way of ancedote, summer last year i flew back into london city from zurich. making my way home to charlton, when i got on the bus from north greenwich i immediately witnessed a fight between 6-7 "yoofs" armed with baseball bats. really shocking and also the non-reaction from everyone else on the bus said it all...almost as if the expect such behaviour. for me this was a real low point and hardened my desire to remain abroad. but it did seem to have improved the last weekend and i wonder anyone else thoughts on this issue?

2. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

I wanted Di Canio ahead of CP (Dare I say it). He was my number 1 for the job, but I can't dwell on what if as I also like CP and believe he will become a very good manager.

Di Canio- I think he has the passion and will instantly garner the respect/admiration of any playing squad, especially in the lower leagues. I also think his intelligence has been overlooked. The guys reading of the game was second to none, and I think if he gets half of his thoughts over to his squad, then Swindon will bounce back- and quite handsomely.

3. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

I was lucky enough to briefly meet de Canio at one of Charlton's community days. I was impressed by how much time he took to speak to the public. He was particularly generous in the time he spent with the kids and because of this he was one of the last to leave. I reckon he'll prove to be a top manager for someone.

4. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

What a player he was. Unreservedly loved wherever he's played, not just because he was a great player but because he showed passion and a genuine love of playing the beautiful game.

I see real similarities between him and Poyet... What price a return to West Ham as manager?

Without doubt the most gifted player I've ever seen in a Charlton shirt.

Wherever he does up i sincerely hope he's a great success!!

5. houndal

houndal Member

Despite his politics I would love him as manager.
    Would certainly be interesting

6. robinbobbin

robinbobbin New Member

My Swindon (down in the mouth) mate thinks Di Canio's in with a serious chance. Passion, though is not something Chrissy is missing. The question is does he have the coaching, management skills and let's face it 'Luck' to make our team play?

7. CAFC Room101

CAFC Room101 Member

His fascist politics would sort out the countries yoof <ok>

8. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

He`d be goose stepping along the touchline