1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

DARLING CLEMENTINE

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by DragonPhilljack, Apr 6, 2017.

1. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Well I can see now why Derby kicked him out, far too defensive, very poor with Subs, and now looking lost, maybe he should have stayed a No2 longer.

Here are the views of some Jacks regarding our 'darling Clementine'

I am begining to see why PC got the boot from Derby, the panic is showing in his selections and set up. Gylfie may have worked in the begining out wide, but he is now wasted out wide as teams have worked it , When we are in desperate need of points why play a defensive 5 in midfield, We now need to go on the front foot with 2 wingers and a striker ,with gylfie behind , IF you have a fantastic world class striker or forward line you can play his system, as one man like Bale can win it for you , but with our front line of Ayew and Routs they are not going to be able to do it, One point in games is NOT going to save us - trncjack

Time to move on but I agree with peter36crc - Clement has lost the plot and is starting to panic. Too many bad decisions over the last four games and tactically weakened by the fact that he has been trying to turn an offensive team into a defensive one. Ayew, alone up front doesn't work and Fer at right back is a mistake. Bringing Ki on in a tight game when we're up against it was also foolish. However, if we can regain any of that initial form then Clement may be able to turn this around. The last four games have been his real test as a manager and he has not performed well. The next few games will make or break him as a top manager. He knows that. It's difficult to see where the next win is coming from but if it comes then we do have a chance. - Rakwal

There are certain things happening with PC and his decisions that worry me. I don't know why Naughton had to come off but to replace him with Fer and Ki coming into midfield is not the right option. I just cannot see how you can replace a defender with a midfielder. At home we only had 28% possession and 4 attempts at goal compared to Spurs 18! Ayew doesn't look like scoring, and if you are in our position 1-0 up with 16 minutes to go then bring on more defenders or midfielders to try and stem the Spurs offence. I really think PC is feeling the pressure and is being a bit naive. Mind you it really shows how weak our squad is to cope with these situations. We need a miracle to survive and with 3 away games in the next 4 to come it does not look very good. If we do go down then we can kiss goodbye to most of our better players. I'm afraid it does not look good! - peter36crc

Fer was awful at right back
    against Hull and Ki is terrible full stop. Can't see why he he's repeating the same mistake. Thrown it away in the last 5. Deep deep trouble for us now - swans-m

When we saw Ki
    preparing to come on last night, my brother mentioned that it looked like Naughton was the one being replaced to which I replied "O God, no, please don't put Fer at right back again, that was a disaster at Bournemouth and I can see us losing this 2 or 3-1". - Karnataka

On this occasion,
    there are no excuses due to circumstances. You had a decent enough fullback on the bench in Steven Kingsley and although he would have been on the right instead of his preferred left, at least he IS a fullback with a fullback's instincts who is used to playing as part of our back four system. Instead, you again chose to move Leroy Fer out of his vital midfield role to become a stand-in fullback and as a result, we surrendered whatever grip we had in midfield and were overrun for the final period of the game which ended in a heartbreaking defeat. - Karnataka

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    swanseaandproud likes this.
  2. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Yet he'll be fantastic if he keeps us up. Same old fickle Swansea 'fans'.

3. DragonPhilljack

What do you know about footy, bugger off back to Lesbos will you!!...............<laugh>

4. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting that Makalele and the other coaching staff have no opinion on the bench.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  5. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

You may have to wait a while as he thinks about that. What's that smell of sawdust coming from Penclawdd?

****ing hell between him and Dai it must me something in the water up there. <laugh>

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  6. DragonPhilljack

You may be on to something there, there's certainly something wrong with the water bottles in the Swans Dugout!.......................<laugh>

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  7. DragonPhilljack

Clearly the players put in a terrific shift for the gaffer today, he's got it sorted aye!...................<laugh>

8. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

If I was Clement, I'd start him ahead of Fer and Ki every week :)

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  9. DragonPhilljack

If he keeps us up, he'll be walking on water alright!!!!................<laugh>

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017