1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

David Cameron

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Beverley_Tiger_998, Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beverley_Tiger_998

Beverley_Tiger_998 Active Member

Argh politics! :1980_boogie_down:

back to point, does the general public buy the **** that comes out of his mouth, week in week out come Wednesday afternoon he stands there and blames the Labour party for causing the recession, and whines about what he has inherited, every man and his dog knows that this Global recession was not the fault of government and if anything they only thing they were guilty of was not recognising it, however, the conservative party has just as many assets to it's disposal and arer also guilty of that.

Without further getting involves in the complexities of the economic **** up that lead to the outcome, it's completely ridiculous to use this reverse blame policy on the other party to justify how they are over cutting.

If there was an election tomorrow I don't think they would stay in power.

2. willoughbybrown

willoughbybrown New Member

Off your soapbox, get it back to football.

I thought it was the name of our new trialiast...

3. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Just a quick reminder, this is a Hull City forum and David Cameron has **** to do with Hull City.

Thanks <ok>

4. N

N Active Member

There is a player on FM2011 called David Cameron he is a youngster for Rangers and is quality.

5. Beverley_Tiger_998

Beverley_Tiger_998 Active Member

This is a forum for Hull City fans, my previous experience of HCO was that the majority of topics were not about Hull City as if the only thing we talked about was football it would get very boring very quickly. If you don't want to read about it then don't open it.

as for David Cameron having nothing to do with football you are simply wrong, everything is to do with politics.

6. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Labour may not be responsible for the recession, they are though responsible for having created the biggest national debt the country has ever had and putting us into a position where we were increasing that debt by over £150 billion a year.

Gordon Brown has publically claimed that he saw the crash coming 10 years before it did. I can believe that because it didn't take a genious to work out there was going to be a problem in a housing market where prices were rising far more quickly than wages and money was being loaned to people who couldn't afford to repay it on the basis that the house prices would continue rising and they'd be fine when they resold the property. Having seen it though why were we the first country to enter recession and the last to come out of it? Having seen it coming we should have been far better prepared for it than we were by keeping ourselves cash rich and not having a huge deficit. The fact we're only expected to be back at break even in 4 years time despite the scale of the cuts is frankly ridiculous. That's break even, it's not the debt paid off, that's just when we'll stop it growing any more. Interest on that debt is going to be one of the biggest expenses the government has in coming years.

It would help if the press had some sense of reality when reporting things as well. The effect the VAT rise would have on people being a prime example. Deciding to base their figures on people's take home pay made them farcical. From my take home pay I have my mortgage, my gas and electric, and my food, there is no effect on any of those costs from the change in VAT, maybe a few pence each month on my chocolate biscuits and crisps. I probably spend about £2.5k a year on the now 20% VAT rated products, yet the effect being reported for people on my salary was nearer to a 12.5k spend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.