1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

De Gea

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by glazerfodder, Jul 19, 2020.

1. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

After so many seasons as our top player, he is now a liability and has to be replaced. What is the point in playing such exciting and attacking football if our keeper is going to let in every other ball that comes his way. The keeper is the one position on the pitch that cannot make mistakes, particularly at this late stage in the season when the results around us are going our way - bring in Romero for the rest of the season and get Dean Henderson back as reserve keeper for next season.

Diego likes this.
  2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

The annoying thing is de Gea should have been nowhere near that team today. What a kick in the bollocks for the guy that got us to the semi.

glazerfodder and Treble like this.
  3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I think he's redressing the balance of all the points and trophies he helped us win when the rest of the team was ****.

gooner4ever and Diego like this.
  4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Seriously though... he has to go.

I'm not sure about Romero or Henderson if our ambition is to challenge for the league, but I'd rather we used them and spent the dough on a quality CB, a RW and another creative midfielder.

Diego likes this.
  5. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

The bloke has cost us too much now.

Although the pay off being he did so much for us prior to his two seasons of ****e.

Big mistake, and weird, to put him in goals today when Romero has done so well in the cups.

Not really sure Romero is good enough to be our No.1 to be honest (I remember LVG starting the season with him when DDG was wrangling over a contract and him being scarily bad) but perhaps he should be given a shot with Henderson as reserve?

Possibly time for De Gea to go, sadly. Seems mad saying it.

Diego likes this.
  6. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

I'd feel sick if you got Pope, or even recalled Henderson. Sorry to interfere.

(I'm not, really).

7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

We've binned players who were considered important to the team and always moved forward. Granted it was under Fergie, but it shows one thing, no one is indispensable and you have to be bold and speculate to accumulate.

I feel the same about both the other keepers. I just think the goalie is one position at United which comes with far more pressure when you're No. 1. It needs someone who's used to that sort of pressure and performed. De Gea was that man. Need another imo but other positions are bigger priority so I'd rather we splashed out on those.

Diego likes this.
  8. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

It was a mistake for Ole to play DeGea. This is not using the benefit of retrospection. Romero has never let us down and was perfect for this match. This would have left DeGea fresh for the next 2 matches.

Looking forward to this week,

Leicester 62 points GD 28+ Goals For 67
    United 62 points GD 28+ Goals For 63

A defeat by West Ham means we have to win against Leicester

A draw against West Ham, we would need to avoid defeat so will a win by 2-0 or less.

A win by 3 or 4 clear goals means we could afford a defeat by just 1 goal and still qualify

A win by 5 clear goals we could afford a defeat by 2 goals.

Conclusion: A win on Wednesday is only better than a draw if it’s by 3 or more. Hope Ole and his players are aware of this.

Treble and Diego like this.
  9. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Two 0-0 draws would suffice mate <laugh>

Christiansmith likes this.
  10. Christiansmith

True a draw against West Ham means another draw would be enough but Leicester may have something to say about that...

we (or Ole) don’t perform well under pressure do we?

Diego likes this.

11. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

The dropping of Romero tonight was diabolical (nothing to do with de Geas **** up's), he has never let us down and has always looked calm and concentrated in games. The man has never complained about not playing and has served well in many cup games, i feel really sorry for him.

12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

He needs to focus on sticking his best team out in the starting line up.

What gets my goat is how any United manager doesn't know that when we stick out a defensive team without the personnel to maintain that defence two things will happen... firstly we'll be a nervous wreck at the back... and secondly, once we concede, no matter who you stick on after that, we just won't be able to gain any dominance in the game.

Stick you best fcking 11 on the pitch. There's not 38 games to go. It's two. And I'm sure they'll be fine for August for the Europy after that.

Diego likes this.
  13. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

If you get paid the money he gets for standing around for 70 minutes doing nothing, you have a right to expect that he will perform at his best whenever he is called on - he isn't - he is now a huge liability and is costing the team points and the chance of silverware.

14. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I find it hard to believe a man's ability can just crumble so quickly. His agility is not in question, he still performs some tremendous saves, it's his concentration and positioning that has gone to **** which prompted me to ask if we had changed goal keeping coaches in the last 3 years. Apparently we have.

15. Christiansmith

Our performance in this match was disappointing but I’ll be 100 times more disappointed than this evening if we **** up that 4th place. We all remember LVG being sacked after winning that trophy.

HRH Custard VC and Diego like this.
  16. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I actually thought a few of the players were looking ****ed, we have had very few rest days between games and used the same players in most.
    Hope they buck up for the last two.

17. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I wouldn't have minded as much if we'd lost to Pep or even Mourhino. But to lose out on a trophy and have Lampard and Arteta there I just think is a massive fck up tbh.

Diego likes this.
  18. Christiansmith

To give a team an advantage of 2 days when everyone have been playing at least twice a week was diabolical and completely unfair. The FA ****ed up but they couldn’t give a ****. It would be abnormal if the players didn’t feel the tiredness. Let’s hope they summon that extra energy to cross the finishing line. Everything else will be a bonus including the Europa.

HRH Custard VC and Diego like this.
  19. Christiansmith

The crazy thing is that the Wednesday match against West ham is NOT the season defining match. Whatever the result United would still have work to do on Sunday. Despite all the pundits pontificating on that match. I hope that all these goals missed in the last few weeks dont come back to haunt us.

The other point is that for all the chavs understandably gloating over a big victory over united they could go to their last match needing to beat an on form wolves to be sure of qualification. They need 3 more points. Beat the RS they are safe. A defeat (possible even though the RS seem to be already on the beach) means they could be praying for United to beat Leicester.

20. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I think we need to beat West Ham tbh. We always seem to do it the hard way but I would be worried with having to NEED to beat Leicester and with the fear of losing, he starts with a defensive formation and then ends up bunging everyone on to claw it back from 1-0 down.

Just get it done and not need anything more than a point against Leic would be welcome. Chavs finishing 5th would be a bonus. Gotta hand it to Frank, he's done well. He's taken to management very well.