1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Deadline Approaching

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by WestCountrylalala, Jun 7, 2011.

1. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Right that's it, I'm getting me shorts on and getting down to HP! Are women allowed in the side??? :emoticon-0101-sadsm

2. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

Didn't Reid try to get the Football League to allow Women to be used as subs during matches during the last season? Would be interesting to see.

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Why ?............are you saying your an old women !!!...............already got the tea lady...............and of course her tea urn...........so you'll feel at home.

4. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Didn't I read that Mason & Nelson had been [or were being] paid 100% so they couldn't make for the exit? I guess that leaves Zubar & Bhasera who we really wouldn't want to see go? NGala?

The rest [Larrieu, Arnason, Patterson, Walton] are probably costing a bit so maybe we wouldn't too bothered if they walked?

The more that go, the bigger recruitment task that remains. Let's hope Sir Peter gets as much time as possible to do it.

5. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

I also agree with Plymborn, its all right to say that these things take time but without the investment to clear the debt we are without the ability to sign players and prepare for the new season. A further deduction in points would mean almost definate relegation next season in my opinion.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Until things are settled Zubar's offer is only a paper thing,and would he accept it anyrate,it surely can't be that lucrative he can easily do better elsewhere.

I heard the same about Mason and Nelson........Fletchers probably paid as high as anyone,would be surely Championship level. Why don't someone take him away,not much chance of that at his age.

7. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

How can the club sell season tickets without knowing if they will be in business next year? Playing devil´s advocate but what if this deal falls through where would that leave us no money, administration, no players and possibly unable to meet our league commitments. Really not a great start to the new regime, why won´t they come out and say who they are as they have apparently stumped up 1 million already. I´m trying not to read to much into all this but it is hardly confidence filling to say the least.

8. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

Absolutely mexijan, there is no reason for them to hold their identity. Lets be honest even if they did cut and run now they would still not be as despised as the last board.

Looks like its tough until the start of July anyway.

9. notDistantGreen

The reason they don't want their identities revealed is quite simply because it isn't the done thing. That's the way deals are done 99.99% of the time unless they're bound by Stock Exchange regulations which require controlled disclosure to markets & investors.

For one thing, nobody wants to be associated with a failed deal because it damages your reputation for the next one, so the simple solution is confidentaility.

You might as well ask why the Sun shines - it just does.

Let's not forget that Kevin Healey withdrew precisely because he was attracting unwanted publicity - and as an established football owner, albeit in non league football, he might just about have been our best bet. Unless of course he's merely gone back down to periscope depth.......

10. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm still not going to scream and stamp my feet until at least after the 14th. We are definately not going to know anything until then so what is the point. After that if it doesn't happen then the doom and gloom can decend again where we all have a go at Argyle once more. How many people out there apart from distant actually know much about how big business works because I certainly don't. I have no idea what "business speak" means when somebody says something that can be interpreted in 20 different ways just like Politicians. The famous one being Pressy Carter who did not have sex with that woman whilst being blown away under the desk by the secretary. I tried that one on the Mrs telling her it wasn't really sex it was just making me more comfortable. She declined but not before removing the starboard testicle. I digress. Let them get on with the business thing and tell us all about it afterwards.

11. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Think you might want to check date of that article on PAFC website, it may well have been April 1st :emoticon-0105-wink:

DG/NDG With over clubs take-overs/buy-outs there hasn´t been this level of secrecy :bandit:, not that I can remember anyways.

Prepare for severe legal action sensible unless you have proof Carter was at it as well as Clinton. If you do should be able to buy Argyle with the commission from those photos <laugh>

12. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

I know it was mexijan I was humouring Reid-all-about-it.

Could you imagine a man tackling a woman in a match and the crowd response?
    LOL.

13. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well it was some big C in the Whitehouse mexijan...........memory not as good as it was along with the starboard testicle.

14. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Just don't answer ds posts(ndg) his initials (Northern Dum Git!) Ds got any new shell suits yet? ****er

15. akagreengull2

akagreengull2 Member

Can anyone clarify for me, if we are going to be docked any points if we are still in administration at the start of the new season.I thought it was only on entering or applying for administration.As usual conflicting info today,Guilfoyle saying we should be out of administration by June 14,and Ridsdale saying we may not be.All we can do is hope,but before next season starts I'm already starting to feel weary.Just hope Guilfoyle,Ridsdale and the "mystery crew" know what they are doing because Argyle playing in the same league the season after next as Truro may not be such a fantasy given our run of relegations and their run of promotions.

16. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Damn I was hoping you where the mystery buyer with your scandal money or maybe compo from the testicle incident <laugh> Then again maybe you are and have just forgotten!!

Gull yes there will be points deduction think its 15 but not 100% on that.

17. akagreengull2

akagreengull2 Member

Blue Square it is then!

18. notDistantGreen

@GreenArmyJoe I'm not going to argue with you, it's not your fault this situation has arisen. I will ask you 3 things though. 1) Why would you assume that the first one to register as DG was necessarily the true one after all the crap that happened on BBC 606? 2) If you look at my posts since I registered compared with the Bertie Wooster-ish "Hello chaps, spiffing weather, what? Toodlepip!" stuff from the other guy, who do you think is the real DG? 3) Give me a chance before you ignore?

@Mexijan I can only tell you what my experience is of these things. I have been party to chucking takeover bids from people who aren't deemed to be "serious" or "finishers" straight into the bin on the basis that they failed to complete previous transactions. If you can keep your identity secret, it avoids being prejudged like that. That's despite the fact that in truth, 7 or 8 out of 10 of your bids OUGHT to fail, otherwise you're overpaying.

As I said above, the difference is probably that this ISN'T the sale of a football club - we all know the football industry is nuts, financially, in terms of its goverance and plain common sense. Maybe in that world getting your face into the papers is part of the reward of being involved. No, this is the purchase of a property portfolio which is much more of a standard corporate transaction and it's operating more like one. There just happens to be a football club sitting on part of the land.

It's not a comfortable position for the fans but without the property angle, who'd be interested at all?

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Remember planning your construction process takes paramount importance,the needs of the extras (please read PAFC in this category) will be dealt with when possible.

James Brent was the only bidder who was solely buying the football club because he thought it was worth saving,what a shame one of the vultures was selected by Brendan Guilfoyle instead.

20. notDistantGreen

It's hard to tell who the best owner would have been - it's one of those things we'll never know because we'll only see one in action - hopefully one rather than zero anyway.

Brent is in the hotel business though don't forget and a former head of real estate finance at Citibank. I can't imagine football was the only thing on his mind although you may be right, football could have been higher up his priorities than some others.