1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Debt

Discussion in 'The Championship' started by Norwayhornet, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

We were close 8/9 years ago mate! A succession of dodgy chairmen/chief executives etc etc led to the club going into admin before ending up thankfully in safe hands... and said safe hands still quite a bit of bashing for not spending big with our non-existent huge stockpile of cash.

No pleasing some people, eh!

2. BrixtonR

BrixtonR Well-Known Member

Know the feeling Scottswan. It wasn't that long ago the Rs went into administration and ended up in Division 3 (ahem, sorry League 1 in the make everything sound tops fantasy). Talk about empty feelings. Not a familiar player in the side - except for Leroy Griffiths who'd been in our works 5-aside team a year earlier!

Sounds like your Board have the right idea despite the criticism from expectant fans. Solvent (with Scott Sinclair) and still in contention for promotion as you have been for much of the season. Nice to know commonsense still works sometimes.

3. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

Still extremely scared to see where our new spiv will take us , the majority of us are extremely nervous of the future!
    I also think now it is so loaded against the smaller clubs to survive in the prem ,let alone get there,so fair play to those that can and do!
    The so called big clubs forget where some of their superstars started! and think that they dont need the lower leagues! There will come a day when this will come back to haunt them,I only hope I will still be alive to witness it. Rant over!

Cheers Brixton and Scot <ok>

4. Pull Your Fox Up

Pull Your Fox Up Active Member

Well after Milan had made us as close to self sufficient as we have been for a long time. The new Thai investors have changed this. I think Yakubu&#8217;s wages alone probably tell all just how likely our club is to be in debt (from a self sufficiency point of view).

5. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

Gotta be really careful going down that road , we did in the last year of simpson and boothroyd and are still paying for it now! were minutes away from admin before last! Xmas!