1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Declining Match Attendances

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by wpownall123, Jul 24, 2014.

1. swans-cartoonhead

swans-cartoonhead Well-Known Member

So what are the 80% **** you talk about? Yes, there are some dodgy degrees, but some are actually quite valid! My 'diatribe' was prompted by the constant criticism I receive every day; degrees are worthless - education today is rubbish - lecturers are lazy wasters who have embarked on a career in FE because they can't 'cut it' in the real world! I am sick to death of being told that my students are worthless and am sad that you think your BSc is **** (or is your qualification in the 20% that is worth something?) We live in a society that constantly denigrates youngsters and belittles any achievement that they work toward!

And by the way I got into education after working in the industry for 20 years - I measure my success by the number of my students that end up getting jobs after graduation - at the minute my success rate is around 90%.

2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Go and ask the students who are working in bars and supermarkets if they think that all that hard work the put in getting their qualifications was worth it......20% actually get lucky and get that dream job and the other 80% cant find their dream job for love or money and end up with a worthless bit of paper and a huge debt hanging over them.....

3. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

The truth of the matter is that most students are in higher education in order to skew the unemployment figures. The fact that students work hard is irrelevant when the majority of courses have no end product in terms of associated employment.

Gaining a degree is an achievement for the individual and can be a great life experience – but that is not the main point of it! Of course there are important degree subjects which are essential for the development of the country – but there are many that are not.

Would you really expect a masters degree student to be contacting an anonymous football forum as part of his studies? Thats taking the piss, especially when as part of a study affecting English football fans he contacts the fans of a Welsh club.

4. swanseaandproud

You don't need degrees to work out why attendances are falling anyway.<laugh> Any moron can tell you the answer without wasting time and money on degree's <laugh>

5. PGFWhite

That's why he asked us lot Dai <laugh>

6. swans-cartoonhead

FFS we are playing in the ENGLISH premier league and are an associated football club - associated to the ENGLISH premier league! Yes we are based in Wales but play in the English system!

And PGF - the courses I have written are totally geared toward employment - I stick by my 90% employment rate - and the masters student in question has approached ALL clubs - as far as the Premier League is concerned we are NOT Welsh - we are an EPL team based in Wales!

7. swanseaandproud

Ah i get it now...<laugh>

8. PGFWhite

We do not play in the English Premier League.

You may have a 90% employment rate - but we are not talking about you're success rate are we.

9. swans-cartoonhead

So what's the answer then? Why are attendances falling? As this forum's chief moron I expect a full answer! ;)

10. swans-cartoonhead

Yes we do and I thought we were!

11. PGFWhite

No we don't and no we're not!

12. swans-cartoonhead

Haha - this could go back and forth forever - OK so the Premier League isn't English! So what league are we playing in PGF?

13. PGFWhite

The Premier League.

14. Bap666

Bap666 Well-Known Member

There is no argument to counter. My statement about the moaning bastards on this board still stand. The lad comes on this board and asks if we would like to help him out we can fill in the survey. A simple yes or no would suffice. But no rather than being polite and courteous his first reaction and yours for that matter is to either denigrate the guy, the subject matter or his reasoning.

As for the stats please show me facts to back up this 80% of worthless degree courses you are talking about. Its a bit like me saying 80% of fans on this board are miserable, rude and a bunch of bitchy little girls who are always spoiling for an argument. The realistic figure is probably only 2 and I will leave it up to you to decide which 2 ;)

15. PGFWhite

It's only you on here dishing out the personal abuse matey.

16. Shaper

Shaper Active Member

He didn't say what his degree was in, did he?
    It could by psychology or statistics. I reckon they're both worth something.
    C'mon Dai, it's not like you to be judgemental or bigoted...

17. Bap666

Bap666 Well-Known Member

Personal abuse?? Not really in my first paragraph I am just pointing out a general observation about some posters response to a simple request by the OP. In my second paragraph I am simply giving an example of how some make up statistics to back up an opinion. if you want to take that personally then so be it matey.

18. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

What degrees do you find worthless Dai?

19. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

student at an RG uni here!

i can vouch for the view that 80% of all degrees are a waste of time. my 3 year degree could easily be reduced to 2 years such is the lack of lectures and classes. its much harder than e.g. business degrees, language, other humanities, but its still not that hard if you put a good amount of work in.

but i'd like to invite dai along to some of my lectures and watch him squirm <laugh>

deary me, english language not a strong point eh! <laugh>

20. swanseaandproud

There is no need for that response cartoon. I will expect the mods to take appropriate action please...<ok>