1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread defence

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Zenfootball2, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

yet another game lost through a combination of school boy errors and sloppy defending, we played a premiership team and despite all the quality it was our defence that lost us the game and a howler from our keeper. just as it did against luton

2. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Overall I think it was a very positive performance and the lads stood up well to the pressure that the Wolves possession put them under. We know our defenders are not as quick as their forwards and a goal like the winner was always on the cards. I thought at the time Arnold was fouled for the second goal but from the highlights it looked as if he just dropped it. I was very impressed by Sears - he looked quick and strong and kept it simple. If he came in on Saturday at wingback we could move Bolton into a back three. I would drop Arnold and Sadler on Saturday and play Williams or Beckles with Waterfall. As you say Zen, basic defensive errors are costing us in the league and we need to put that right starting in Saturday- it is difficult to see at the moment where the six or seven victories we need to stay up are going to come from.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  3. Zenfootball2

a win on Saturday is vital;
    we dont wont to go on a losing run
    we need a win for confidence
    we dont wont to drop further behind

4. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Yes - it is a massive game and the players have no excuse for not showing up, which has happened far too much recently (apart from in the Cup). I am sure Ricketts will freshen it up a little bit and I expect at least three of the fairly new signings to start (though Payne cant play). With Ogogo and Rodman playing for Bristol it may well be that they field as many players from last season's team as we do - would that be a record?

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  5. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Three at the back?

Sadler, Williams, Beckles? With Golbourne and Bolton either side.

6. Zenfootball2

a free header at the near post and we throw away the lead after a good first half ,town seem incapable of holding on to a lead .on a bright not williams made a promising start.

Matster likes this.