1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Derby going into admin

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by TeamOfTalents, Sep 17, 2021.

1. TeamOfTalents

TeamOfTalents Well-Known Member

2. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

They may as well, they're copping a massive points deduction anyway ...

... ironically they could save Forest from the drop <laugh>

Guy Incognito, Gil T Azell and Nordic like this.
  3. FellTop

FellTop Well-Known Member

Live in the area. Lads round here been predicting this for a long time. Plenty of fans I know have sacked off season tickets. The club have alienated them over the last 12 months or so. My eldest lad is a season ticket holder and is gutted. They are a decent club who have been shafted by pushing too hard for the prem.

As an aside MSD are a creditor.

4. Robref62

Robref62 Well-Known Member

5. Essayyeffcee

Essayyeffcee Well-Known Member

MSD? They won't be out of pocket, they'll make sure of that

6. Guy Incognito

Guy Incognito Well-Known Member

MSD will probably pick them up for peanuts. Though what they'll do with them is another matter, there's not a lot of assets there they could flog to get money back on.

They could end up a 21 point deduction, which wouldn't just relegate them but probably make them the new Bolton.

Derby have been badly run for a while now, some expensive gambles with McLaren, Lampard, Coccu and Rooney and huge wage bill have crippled them. I'm not going to gloat, because that easily could have been us a couple of years ago, and would have been us if Donald had tried to hold on to us any longer.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  7. Essayyeffcee

Essayyeffcee Well-Known Member

Wonder if Rooney decides to stick around

Guy Incognito likes this.
  8. Daz

Daz Well-Known Member

What goes around comes around, their owner essentially sold the stadium to fix the books and that was dodgy as hell.

Lost all respect for them after that.

9. John Wick

John Wick Well-Known Member

Just think, we were nearly in bed with those apparent.

10. TopCat_

TopCat_ Well-Known Member

Doubt it. They sound like they are nailed on for relegation, He could leave with dignity and a reasonably unblemished record

Guy Incognito and Mackem-Tiz like this.

11. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

He must be pulling his hair out ...

12. old lads fan

old lads fan Well-Known Member

Yes we were and the longer it dragged on it became clear to me they were just looking for a fire sale, If they really cared they would have released a statement outlining their plans if they were to buy the club. These ****ers would have stripped the club to the bones then ****ed off and took the profit. Whatever you think of Donald and Meth I doubt their original plan was to crash the club like FPP would have if they were given the chance. These Yanks were nowt but wreckers and if they weren't they would have communicated with the fans and spoke of their intentions.

I do think that Furman or whatever his name was, had good intentions for the club but his partners didn't share his benign feelings and just wanted to make their usual 5% that they expected on their investments.

Definitely a bullet dodged with them ****ers, has KLD got their wealth? No he hasn't but he seems to want us to improve, he wants us to grow and dare I say he actually gets us. I wish he'd been at Roker Park on our best days when we were really noisy and scary. Even on our last day when Waddle scored in front of the Fulwell End he would have thought this is a proper football club.

For now I think we are in good hands, KLD seems to be in this for a few years at least and I for one am pleased he's here.

Ha' Way Kyril Lad

13. flandersmackem

flandersmackem Well-Known Member

The predictions of many clubs folding due to Covid didn't really happen, but this could be a start of clubs coming out as not financially viable due to the pandemic ( they will never admit it's also due to horrific management of the club). The rumour mill always thought the main issues would stem from championship clubs due to clubs gambling on spending their way to the golden ticket that is the Premier League....I'm sure Derby will not be the last club to fall like this.

14. The Professor

The Professor Well-Known Member

I was there that day, never saw the big roker, but i think if KLD could experience some of the times we have had the SOL he would equally be blown away as he might have been in older football times....sheff utd, mags 2-2, mags defoe, everton, chelsea BSA & reid, burnley promotion....in the modern world/football there are not many new stadiums designed acoustically well as SOL....or more importantly have the fans to make it bouncy....if KLD is excoted now wait till he has one of those days above & realises thats what his efforts can achieve....he will see one well before/if he even did lead us to say top half prem position or actually winning something....he will potentially see one of those days in the next 3 seasons even putside of the prem....we have only just started to get going, it feels like the start of the ride under reid or quinn as chairman altho i missed earlier similiar rides....it feels good to finally have this club back

15. rb92

rb92 Well-Known Member

It’s been coming for a while this. As for Morris’ comments that it’s all been brought about because of covid and the club isn’t far off being run sustainably well let’s just say I think he’s living in fantasyland.

Whoever the new owner is will have to fork out to buy the stadium back after Morris sold it, what an absolutely mental decision that has always looked. Basically a massive gamble to try and get promoted to the Premier League and now the chickens have come home to roost.

Guy Incognito and FellTop like this.
  16. The Professor

The Professor Well-Known Member

Everyone owner etc makes mistakes at some point, Bob Murray didnt back Reid at the right tine then backed at the wrong time which we spiralled & were in a financial mess....one thing he would/did/would never was sell what we owned to spin the wheel....you fuxked forever once you do that, look at the ckubs who have, Bob also held on until he could sell to someone who gad the clubs intetests at heart....we are luck with what Bob built & cared to pass on to the right people

17. LD19SAFC

LD19SAFC Well-Known Member

Could’ve easily been us with those two jokers.

The Professor and Guy Incognito like this.
  18. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

The old Roker End in the 60'/70's was unique, truly magical, and could never be reproduced anywhere..the wall of sound emanated from Wearside and must have been heard over the pond, never mind the Wear.

19. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Some excellent points... I certainly could not say it better!

The Professor and Guy Incognito like this.
  20. The Redbaron

The Redbaron Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for another of those days, hopefully in the not to distant future. As you say , once KLD has experienced one of those games, it, I doubt even he will be able to contain his pride and his passion.

The Professor and Smug in Boots like this.